Korea and Ancient Wonders DLC Video!

Steam is telling me that both of the new DLCs are currently unavailable in my area (Japan). What gives? I've never encountered any restrictions like this before. Don't they want my money?

I'm not into scenarios.

1 civ and 3 wonders, no matter how you look at those prices, just isn't worth it. Bleh. I'd like to have the civ and wonders but not at those (ripoff) prices.

Just catching up to this thread and the argument over $5, $2.50 or $0 has to be one of the most ridiculous things I have ever read at CFC (which is saying a lot).

I just received the following message from 2K support:

Matthew S, Aug-13 18:53 (PDT):
Steam are in control of the distribution of the games through their service. I would recommend contacting Steam directly regarding this.

I've already contacted steam. Still waiting for a response.

Publishers don't always have the rights to publish everything in every country. Steam respects that.

Exact opposite... it's more that some countries do not hold formal international trade agreements with whomever has a distribution outlet (with a legally registered place of affairs) on the web. In Steam case -- it's from the US to wherever.

Think of it as a broker within commercial airports that must have business nationality ties to customers in transit and simply passing by but still purchasing products to fill luggage. Currency transactions & conversions included.

For example, China has had an indirect ban on Google.

I just hope Sumeria will make it to the main civ list some day. As it rightfully should.

Sumeria was not a single country but many independent City-States. they were very much like Greece (funny that they have greece, which wasn't really a country, with Alexander of Macedon as its leader). They shared a common language, architecture, and technologies. They were never really unified (unlike greece) and the are where they would be placed on a world map overlaps that of Babylon.

The Third Dynasty of Ur had control over most Sumerian city-states. There's also the time they were under Akkadian rule.

Greece was unified, briefly, under Macedonian rule (Macedonians spoke Greek and were a part of Greek culture, they just weren't accepted as one of them by the Poleis). Also, a decently large portion of them fell under the Delian League or the Spartan hegemony.

Also, the Polynesians weren't unified and neither were the Mayans (should they be included). The game is about Civilizations, not states.

...and neither were the Mayans (should they be included). The game is about Civilizations, not states.

Correction -- Aztecs were a conglomerate of city states that re-claimed Maya Temples as their own but never could grasp their Codex written scientific knowledge and other social structures such as HUGELY sustainable agriculture that spread as far north as with the Pueblo isolation experiment or south for the earliest traces of an Inca tribe.

Deducted from historical truth that spans centuries in Yucatan.

Sumeria was not a single country but many independent City-States. they were very much like Greece (funny that they have greece, which wasn't really a country, with Alexander of Macedon as its leader). They shared a common language, architecture, and technologies. They were never really unified (unlike greece) and the are where they would be placed on a world map overlaps that of Babylon.

The game is called civilization.
It is about civiilizations, Maya, Aztec, Greece, all of these qualify in this category.

Look, if the Iroquois count as a Civilization then there's not much that really doesn't. That's not a bad thing either, it means that its more of a case of "what if" than a case of what happened.

Top Bottom