Korea and Ancient Wonders DLC Video!

Turtle ship looks to be a Renaissance ironclad, as I had envisioned it. Koreans will have to do their exploring without help from regular caravels but history suggests that wasn't their strong suit anyways. If they do end up on a landmass all by themselves they'll still should be able to keep up technologically without research agreements due to their UA, which is usually the concern with isolated starts.

Since turtle ships apply the role of an advanced unit within an earlier unit slot, I would have thought they would have done the same with the hwacha and given it rocket artillery bonuses like not needing set up to fire. This was historically accurate as far as the usual internet sources tell me but of course that would blow the lid off the conquest aspect of the game.

Monday is almost over...Now, Tuesday and Wednesday left to go! Wonder what time on Thursday it will come out. :)

**** man three wonders in the vanilla game and no new techs or units or structures??? At least they are offering it in the bundle pack, so I might cave in. When are they gonna fix the CA? I am hitting medieval era in the BC's every game. The patch better be as good as the last, otherwise don't patch at all.

Not sure on the wonders but Sejong has the best artwork yet I think and the scenario looks epic. Korea will have ridiculous science with settled scientists and Freedom finished if I heard right.

I agree about Sejong. How do you think Korea compares with Babylon, btw?

Love it how the right UA and UU's were guessed on this forum. (either as educated guesses or as wishful thinking ;) )

Educated guess. They were the most logical choices if they went with 2 UUs and, since they had two decently known units, I figured they would. But I still like thinking Firaxis is copying me ;)

BTW, the Turtle not going in oceans isn't a huge deal, just use an embarked land unit. Barbs can't enter oceans anyway. I'll also probably buy the Wonders, but I hope the art is really good. Since I'll buy them bundled, the price won't be too bad. But you are paying for lower production value than you are with a leader, audio, music, etc.

**** man three wonders in the vanilla game and no new techs or units or structures??? At least they are offering it in the bundle pack, so I might cave in. When are they gonna fix the CA? I am hitting medieval era in the BC's every game. The patch better be as good as the last, otherwise don't patch at all.

on 2K forums 2kGreg Mentioned about a patch prior to the DLC.

I like the idea of reintroducing Korea, especially with a scientific flavor. I knew the wonders were going to be ancient era, but I am still hoping for a few more later era wonders. There are a lot of early era wonders. Wonder building gets slower later in the game.

It's also interesting that 2K Gregg mentioned another patch. I didn't expect them to release another patch so soon. Based on the discussions on previous patch releases, I suspect that this one is an AI update. I think they are comfortable with the game flow. The only thing I can think of is correcting obvious AI flaws.

No Sumeria? This is just an outrage.
How can they do this? Sumeria is one of the most great ancient civilizations in the world and they dump it like this while including **** like "the American Empire"? An outrage!
Moderator Action: Nation bashing is considered trolling in this forum.

Wait, what?! [censored] like "the American Empire"? You have the leader of the "Iroquois Empire" as your avatar, I don't think you can talk about what is worthy to be in the game!

Although I'd love to see Sumeria in.

Good to see Korea in now!

BTW, the Turtle not going in oceans isn't a huge deal, just use an embarked land unit. Barbs can't enter oceans anyway.

You use embarked units to explore? Solution would be to just use a frigate, with the boost in technology it shouldnt be a lot of time to get frigates.

Although I'm happy Korea & the 3 wonders will be available, I must say, I'm a bit disappointed there isn't more.

Nearly a year after the game's release I would have expected a bigger dlc pack, maybe one with a few more techs. The classical era has what, just 6 techs? Can we get some techs on a patch? Or a tech pack dlc bundle? LOL

How about some additional civs to go along with those ancient wonders?

Where's Portugal, the Zulu, Carthage, the Maya and so many others?

There's alot missing from the modern era too.

I will buy it. But I was hoping for so much more.

^ Yeah, I'm not sure how I feel about the pace of releases. There are so many I still want.

You use embarked units to explore? Solution would be to just use a frigate, with the boost in technology it shouldnt be a lot of time to get frigates.

But you can research a different tech instead. And, yes, I often use embarked units to explore. They can reach land and explore on land as well, so it's often advantageous.

Yeah, I agree Turtle Ships should replace the Frigate. Currently they don't seem as amazing as they were in real life. They were ship destroyers of the highest degree for their time, and in the late 1600s too (which fits the Frigate).

I do recall people earlier suggesting it should replace the Caravel though (myself included, to my embarrassment), so maybe that's where Firaxis got the idea from.

Also, could someone post pictures of the new achievements? The pictures aren't displaying for me. In fact, only some pictures are displaying, like Riddle of the Sphinx and Flying Fortress. Anyone know how I can fix this? :(

Although I'm happy Korea & the 3 wonders will be available, I must say, I'm a bit disappointed there isn't more.

Nearly a year after the game's release I would have expected a bigger dlc pack, maybe one with a few more techs. The classical era has what, just 6 techs? Can we get some techs on a patch? Or a tech pack dlc bundle? LOL

How about some additional civs to go along with those ancient wonders?

Where's Portugal, the Zulu, Carthage, the Maya and so many others?

There's alot missing from the modern era too.

I will buy it. But I was hoping for so much more.

For all we know they are working on an expansion with several civilizations in it. Might explain why mainstays like Zulu aren't already added. I'll certainly be up for a new expansion pack with an expansion of the classical era with Zulu, Maya, Sumeria and co all in it.

For the Turtle Ship to be buildable in the Renaissance would be chronologically and technologically correct.

I'm definitely looking forward to the Imjin War scenario (Japanese invasion of Korea), considering it gives Korea the ability to call upon the Righteous Army (guerrilla/militia) in the event you're overwhelmed.

I too was leaning towards Tradition/Commerce/Rationalism/Freedom for a concentrated powerhouse of economic and technological superiority. Helps to be in RAs with people as well.

Only thing is the wonder pack will be on sale from the 5.00$ regular price meaning 2.50$... unless you are talking about the ultimate bundle pack WAY down the line where it includes everything. So yeah, they pretty much will be suckering us all in with this offer. They know we are going to buy the civs, so lets slap this and grab some more... can't blame them.

For the Turtle Ship to be buildable in the Renaissance would be chronologically and technologically correct.

I'm definitely looking forward to the Imjin War scenario (Japanese invasion of Korea), considering it gives Korea the ability to call upon the Righteous Army (guerrilla/militia) in the event you're overwhelmed.

I too was leaning towards Tradition/Commerce/Rationalism/Freedom for a concentrated powerhouse of economic and technological superiority. Helps to be in RAs with people as well.

Yeah I am definitely looking forward to the Imjin war as well, Ive been a history nut and this war was interesting. I was thinking Tradition/Liberty/Rationalism/Freedom/Commerce seems like a good combo for Korea.

Turtle ship looks to be a Renaissance ironclad, as I had envisioned it. Koreans will have to do their exploring without help from regular caravels but history suggests that wasn't their strong suit anyways

Koreans, and maybe other Asians, settled the Americas

Top Bottom