Turn Discussion Thread I - Turns 1-50

That's not what I meant. Look at the map - there are two Ocean tiles in the very southwest corner that do not show any kind of tile yield. However the tiles in the northeast corner with the same relative distance from our island do show yields. So I guess there is land in that direction that would enable those tiles to be worked if the coast there would be settled?

Brilliant spot. That's the only explanation I can think of. Don't know when we'll find out what's there though, will the second border pop do it?

Actually some elementary fog-gazing shows that the tiles there are indeed adjacent to coast. The second border pop won't do much in that direction but with the third we get a naval shortcut (assuming it's even the same landmass as the southeastern one) there.

Oracle in capital would be a real jackpot if it turns out that that is a separate (third) landmass only accessible by either the third capital border pop or a city on the northern coast of the visible landmass :)

Yes Silu, sorry didn't fully comprehend your post. To our east there is land, on the other side of that 1c1f ocean thats why the yields show as they do, the SW is ocean and no land on the other side of that ocean tile.

That's not what I meant. Look at the map - there are two Ocean tiles in the very southwest corner that do not show any kind of tile yield. However the tiles in the northeast corner with the same relative distance from our island do show yields. So I guess there is land in that direction that would enable those tiles to be worked if the coast there would be settled?

This is correct - I checked the screenshot to confirm. ;) Excellent observation.

However all of the tiles in the NW corner could fit within the bfc of a city built on our island. If the two unrevealed tiles in that corner turn out to have yields then something is out there but it's still possible that the island ends there.

EDIT: My bad, I read Northwest instead of Northeast, you're right. Nice one :)

I wish I was able to provide more discussion but at this point it's looking like our decisions are fairly straightforward.

Turn 11 - 3560 BC

The warrior's move did reveal something interesting.

Next turn I assume he will be going back into Delhi's borders and going to reveal those 1-2 extra ocean tiles to the northwest? Also our fast worker will be done next turn. :goodjob:

Demographics for the turn after all except Merlot played.

Trek back north in a way that (safely) spawnbusts most on the way. So not completely through our culture probably.

It indeed looks like there's a big landmass to the east. Maybe it's indeed the hub and we're west/northwest of it.

+1 to the above

So the worker will farm both rice fields and then be able to chop as soon as we tech BW, right?

That's what I was thinking.

I'm thinking chopping the grasslands to the NW of Delhi would be the best to chop first (utilizes our UU) instead of the GL/hills (doesn't utilize our UU)

:agree:Yeah, that would make sense

I think we have our most effecient opening documented in the sandkasten thread. Aren't we just following that?

Top Bottom