Ekmek's Civ5 Leaderscene Gallery

Ho, another WWII leader, great news :D

Churchill model is done, now just need to do the BG

Very nice! Are you going to do some sort of London blitz background outside the windows? That would be cool. Also it should be possible to remove the Brazilian-style shutter from the scene .gr2 which would help it feel more like London.

Have you managed to get the normal texture working using Nexus Buddy 2.2 and the Blender 2.7 scripts?

Very nice! Are you going to do some sort of London blitz background outside the windows? That would be cool. Also it should be possible to remove the Brazilian-style shutter from the scene .gr2 which would help it feel more like London.

Have you managed to get the normal texture working using Nexus Buddy 2.2 and the Blender 2.7 scripts?

I'm working on expanding the bookcase. Problem is that pedro's BG uses multiple model for some unknown reason. I'm looking to merge it and hopefully over write a different model (like Bismarks)

As for normals I'll post it in your thread.

I'm working on expanding the bookcase. Problem is that pedro's BG uses multiple model for some unknown reason. I'm looking to merge it and hopefully over write a different model (like Bismarks)

Nexus Buddy allows you export each model within a multi-model .gr2 separately edit them and separately overwrite meshes from .br2 if you want to.

Nexus Buddy allows you export each model within a multi-model .gr2 separately edit them and separately overwrite meshes from .br2 if you want to.

Yeah, thats why I do with tile improvements. But for BGs its totally uneccessary. In Pedro's BG they basically made each mesh its own model which is a waste and a pain to work with.

It kinda does open possibilities though... replacing the background models with other stuff for more complex leaderscenes.

Churchill looks amazing. The scenes keep getting better.
By the way, would you have any plans to update the David model to feature more detailed textures? It looks quite outdated compared to all other ones.

Edit: I noticed the model for Henry Parkes pictured here looks better in my opinion than the one provided on the actual mod. I tried replacing him the same way you instructed to replace Churchill (replace modinfo file and add the folder to the Art folder. In that case, I removed the model folder that came with the mod and added the 3DParkes folder). However, when setting up a game to test it, he wasn't even available on any setup screen. How should I go on about replacing the model on the most recent version of the mod? I assume it has something to do with the files of the two versions having different names and certain references not working, but I have no idea what else I'd need to change to make it work properly.

Thanks Ekmek, he looks great !

I have some kind of lighting problems (see screenshot), but it may be because BNW is deactivated with my WWII mod, I'll check tonight if it's the case.

Attachments

• Churchill.jpg
    Churchill.jpg
    198.3 KB · Views: 279
Churchill looks amazing. The scenes keep getting better.
By the way, would you have any plans to update the David model to feature more detailed textures? It looks quite outdated compared to all other ones.

Edit: I noticed the model for Henry Parkes pictured here looks better in my opinion than the one provided on the actual mod. I tried replacing him the same way you instructed to replace Churchill (replace modinfo file and add the folder to the Art folder. In that case, I removed the model folder that came with the mod and added the 3DParkes folder). However, when setting up a game to test it, he wasn't even available on any setup screen. How should I go on about replacing the model on the most recent version of the mod? I assume it has something to do with the files of the two versions having different names and certain references not working, but I have no idea what else I'd need to change to make it work properly.

the mod probably uses bernies update to my parkes, which its should because I think its beter. If you prefer mine though you have to switch out the parkes art folders but also update the modinfo to reference all the files there.

Thanks Ekmek, he looks great !

I have some kind of lighting problems (see screenshot), but it may be because BNW is deactivated with my WWII mod, I'll check tonight if it's the case.

mostly thats it because the scene.xml references pedro's lighting and vfx.fxsxml. If you want to adjust it you just change it to Attila's lights and delete the vfx.fxsxml line. if you open attila's scene.xml you'll get what you need.

mostly thats it because the scene.xml references pedro's lighting and vfx.fxsxml. If you want to adjust it you just change it to Attila's lights and delete the vfx.fxsxml line. if you open attila's scene.xml you'll get what you need.
I have the same problem with BNW and/or Attila's lights, but setting the "Leader Scene Quality" to "Low" has fixed that issue.

"Medium" or "High" quality give me strange lighting, using DX11 version BTW.

And thanks again :D

These are all mind-blowingly amazing. Mods really have come so far. Bearing in mind that I have no idea how any of this works, would modding someone like the Pope from the Papal States using a sitting character like Elizabeth or Nebuchadenzzar be possible, or are their thrones not actually a part of their model?

Question, I've created my own 3D leader character based off Washington's GR2 file. He's got his own clothes and textures, but he just won't load. Instead, his fall back image is showing up with speech, even though my settings are set to render 3d leaders. Perhaps a little help would be appreciated?

Top Bottom