Screenshots!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's one of my best performers, average damage of 57k. But n = 17

Here my new Rimworld colony. Im' taking it nice and slow and just enjoying them going about there lives. Its a Boreal forest map and its main problem is there isn't much steel about so I think I need to increase my money making from tailoring etc to by it from trade ships.

Spoiler :

Here's a colonist next a statue of his deeds.

Spoiler :

#THETRUMPENING
Spoiler :

If I haden't done a mistake in a tv interview, I think I could have won every state here (Thomas Jefferson vs. Abraham Lincoln):
Spoiler :

Amped up the difficulty. Me as Nixon vs. Kennedy:
Spoiler :

Amped up the difficulty and made the campaign longer. Me as Obama vs. Romney:
Spoiler :

Amped up the difficulty. Me as Romeny vs. Obama. This was my first loss:
Spoiler :

Shortened the campaign. Redux as Romney vs. Obama. I won this time:
Spoiler :

From this I have learned that to win the election you need Texas :crazyeye:

What game is it that you're playing?

Obama winning Kentucky, Texas, Mississippi, hilarious.

We high HDI now.

Even though I almost plunged you into a famine.

So I discovered this neat program that isn't really a game but it could very well be someday! It's called Space Engine and it's a universe simulator. You could zoom in as close to a planets mountain range to as far as the visible universe and it'll procedurally generate countless star system and planets, all of which you can explore. There are very warm planets, very cold planets and even planets with life on them. This is one of them;

Spoiler :

This is a planet somewhere on the rim of the M81 spiral galaxy. Not only is it a comfort terra orbiting a gas giant, it's a comfort terra with life on it.

Spoiler :

One side of the planet experiences the usual light/dark of the day while the side facing the gas giant never gets truly dark. This is how the inhabitants learned that their moon was round as on occasion, they would see their moons shadow transit over the giants face.

Spoiler :

A long time ago, people on the giants side of the planet developed very different superstitions to those on the other side, which caused many wars. Now, the planet is entering an industrial age with the giant side being the more technologically advanced. But one of the traditions that holds over from the past is the season where the gas giant obscures the light in the middle of the day

Spoiler :

The M81 spiral galaxy is clearly visible and on other parts of the planet, neighboring galaxies are fully visible, spawning slightly differing myths in relation to the presence and absence of the gas giant. This time where the giant obscures the sun is the best time for the moons astronomers to observe the night sky as it is the darkest time of this side and the giant normally brightens the night sky to where you can't really see many stars.

Space Engine has gotten A LOT better in the 4 years since Leonel posted this. And I myself have a computer that can handle it enough to give me decent views. Word of advice: Don't get stuck with Intel HD graphics like I did. :(

Some screenies from my own explorations, across a few incarnations of this game. :)

In the more recent versions, you can actually fly spaceships! :D

Spoiler Planets I've found :

The star's corona reminded me of a Phoenix. :)

Spoiler Planets I created :

Earth-sized, titan-like moon with non-organic life.

A "second generation" planet tide-locked to a really old white dwarf.

A procedurally generated planet around a galaxy I created.

Binary planet I made.

Hera, a fictional Life-bearing moon of Jupiter.

Not a planet, but a space ship I designed. Not the sexiest, but oh well.

Spoiler The homeworld of my blue aliens, spoilered in case you don't wanna see it. :) :

My blue aliens live here. The light to the side on the first pic is moonshine from one of its moons. :)

Woah! There's night lights now with Space Engine?

Short answer: Kind of.

Long answer: The game will generate procedural night lights for volcanoes. But for city lights like on Earth or for an alien civilization, you have to use a custom texture.

Right now, custom textures are blurry and ugly when on the surface of a planet (you need countless terabytes upon terabytes of hard drive storage for meter to meter resolution like on procedural worlds. However, this is still a public beta, so procedural augmentation of premade maps IS planned for a future release. :)

New!
Meat!
Spoiler :

Say my name, says the game.
Spoiler :

The New Mexico is a sexy beast.

I still love my Fuso though :love:

I've had a lot more fun with it than I ever did with the Kongo.

Spoiler 1080p :

My Lancia Fulvia sliding across the finish line in DiRT Rally.

Out of interest what controller do you use on Dirt Rally? I was using a gamepad and found it quite tricky to drive cleanly.

It just takes a lot of practice. I'm using the Steam controller. Don't be afraid to slam the brakes to stay in control of your car. Fiddle with the advanced settings for your brake bias and differential, they change your steering completely. The mini cooper went from being a piece of garbage to a totally acceptable car after I moved the brake bias to the center instead of the front. The original setting was creating ridiculous understeer, I couldn't corner in it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom