Crusader Kings 2

Is it gonna get lumped in with HIP at some point in the future as an option?

Humble Bundle is doing a huge Paradox sale in their store right now. About the only thing not on offer is Horse Lords (I think).

Is it gonna get lumped in with HIP at some point in the future as an option?

The EMF module of HIP already includes some tweaks to seduction. However this was a personal little side project of mine because, for one I don't play HIP with EMF enabled so my stuff is entirely unrelated, and two, I'm officially retired from modding but I figured I can offer you guys the code and stuff if you guys want.

Humble Bundle is doing a huge Paradox sale in their store right now. About the only thing not on offer is Horse Lords (I think).

Ooh interesting! But I already got everything I need. :/ Might come in handy for some of my friends.

wingames still hasn't finished processing my purchase
I wonder if it's manual

wingames still hasn't finished processing my purchase
I wonder if it's manual

My friend had a similar issue when he bought it earlier, I haven't asked him yet if he's still waiting but I'm gonna guess they ran out of cd keys or something. When I bought Horse Lords and the HL Content pack for my brother I got the cd keys right away.

I still don't really see the point in horselords. CK2 uses up enough processing power already without even further extending the map. HIP's current map from some mod seems pretty great enough to me for a worthwhile area to cover. Only a relevant part of India, which is irrelevant to most of Europe anyway because they can't get there, decent amount of Russia without getting silly.

Trying to play EUIV now and the map just seems so tiny in comparison :lol:

The main point for Euros and Arabs is the Silk Road I guess. I don't really care that it expands the map, I just want more money.

Just noticed that earlier this week there was a dev diary. Seems like work for the new expansion is well under way and they're going to be doing the same thing as they've been doing for EUIV and CKII with a few dev diaries on new general features/improvements before announcing the expansion.

The dev diary itself doesn't have much on any new stuff, and is mainly a farewell letter from one of the CKII devs who is moving to a different job and city:

Spoiler :

Hi!
We’ve been a bit silent for the last couple of weeks, but that doesn’t mean we haven’t been working on improving CK2. It hasn’t been properly announced yet meaning I can’t disclose any details, but we are working on a new expansion and you’ll get all the details in future dev diaries (we’ve planned one per week until Christmas).

Life, and CK2 aren’t all fun and joy, sometimes tragedy strikes and thus we’ll start off on a sad note. Magnus, who’ve been working on many of the CK2 expansions has left the team. However, before he left he wrote the following farewell to the forum:

Greetings!

My name is Magnus. And when you are reading this, I am no longer here..

It is sadly the time for me to leave Paradox, as I am moving to another city. I have been working here for over a year now, and it has been an incredible journey.

I came to Paradox and the CK2 team shortly after the release of Rajas of India, and I have been working on Charlemagne, Way of Life, Horse Lords and things to come in the future. It has been great to work on one of my favorite games; to see it grow with the help of colleagues, and most of all the community. Some of the things I have worked on during this time is Viceroyalties, the Chronicle, the Learning Scenario, targeted decisions and scriptable Governments.

It is not Tuesday yet when I am writing this, and as I mentioned at the beginning of this thread I am no longer here when this is posted. I am not gone from the forums however, and I will still keep a look at what's going on. This thread most of all.

I am still bound by an NDA so I can not tell you exactly what we are doing right now, but I guarantee that it is something REALLY exciting that I am really looking forward to play. I know that a lot of you have been wanting this as well (this is where 10 new "Are they doing China?" threads will quote me). Progress is looking great and I am sure that the team will do a great job finishing it up. The number of people working on CK2 now is larger than it has ever been during the time that I have worked here, so there is no need to worry about what can be achieved.

If you are looking for me, I have moved to the court of Prince Erik in Uppsala (at least when you get the next patch), with the dynasty name Sålder. Do join me and fight to secure Scandinavia from the heathen Catholics. And if you allow me to rule my ancestral homeland of Järnbäraland I will be your most loyal vassal.

Thank you for this time everyone! And best wishes to you fans and the team.

Cheers!

As for the expansion, here's what we know so far based on the dev diary thread and a few other threads the devs commented on:

• It concerns something both the fans and devs have wanted for a long time
  • It is not a map expansion
  • Therefore it will have nothing to do with a China expansion (thank the gods)
  • Devs are currently planning a dev diary a week until Christmas, so the new expansion will probably arrive around early January, I'm predicting
  • It's something Groogy really likes, because he apparently has been very important in designing its direction
  • Someone asked Groogy whether the expansion will add in more new, interesting COAs, and he said he could not disclose any information about anything related to that because it'll give away the expansion - i.e. the expansion will change the way COAs work, or have a good reason for adding in a bunch of interesting new ones for a certain group (like how HL added in new COAs for nomads)

Start guessing away, folks.

we already have china anyway, they arrive on the map in 1220

i also hope it isn't a "play as theocracies" dlc.

I would venture a guess and say it won't be. The devs have expressed many times that they are not interested in a theocracy DLC, in contrast to a China DLC which they have occasionally expressed interest in (but not, thankfully, given any indication that they want to do it yet (particularly given the current engine)).

Dev diary 2 up: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/dev-diary-2-what-we-do.885489/

This one mainly just briefly talks about how the CKII team works and is organized, so nothing really much about the new expansion or patch. In fact the only really new thing we know is from the screenshot of the character view, which has a new tab named "pacts" (in the area where there are the tabs for family, lovers, friends, alliances, etc.). Otherwise we have no idea whether this is related to the expansion or just some patch material, of course.

Also in the thread devs confirmed that they will not be releasing two or more expansions for this year (though I think that should be obvious for most), i.e. this will be the last expansion for 2015.

My random guess (haven't been following the game a lot lately): Crusades and mid-to-late-game expansion.

They shall name it: CK2 Deus Vult!

Crusader Kings 2: You're supposed to play crusaders

yeah maybe they'll give npc crusaders a better chance in hell

like maybe a veeeerry cold snowball instead of a regular one

Okay we finally got a dev diary with some new info, even though it's not a lot of stuff. Link: https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/dev-diary-6-a-captains-duty.889735/

Gars couldn't post this himself today, so I'm doing it for him:

Ladies and gentlemen, this is the Captain speaking. I’ve been invited to make a short guest appearance here this week to give you an update on some of the new features that will be available to further mod Crusader Kings II once the next DLC is released.

Ever since the addition of forts to the game, there has been requests to be able to build buildings inside them just as in other settlements. Well, now you can.

And for those mods who want to present their players with their own bookmarks or additional bookmarks, the era selection screen has now been made fully customizable. So there is no longer the need to use our hard-coded localization strings or images, and the number of eras presented can now be set to anywhere from one to five.

Due to popular demand I have also added a number of new powerful scopes to triggers and effects that will make it easier to script complicated events and decisions, such as any_character and any_landed_title.

To whom an AI character gives out minor titles and religious titles are now scriptable in the same way as other decisions, and targeted decisions has gotten a new friend filter.

The new patch will also see a number of bug fixes. Some of the additional family opinion modifiers that were added earlier this year, such as uncle, nephew and niece all had some problems but are now working as designed, and the opinions between a child and his/her mother and father have now been split into several modifiers to allow for more control.

If you are interested to read more about these and other features you can head over to the mod sub-forum (https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?forums/crusader-kings-ii-user-modifications.682/) and specifically the thread Captain's Log (https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/captains-log.774248/)

Over and out.

/The Captain

TL;DR:

• Can now build buildings inside forts like other settlements
  • New features for modders
  • A picture, presumably related to the expansion. Can't really tell much based on it but it looks related to England/France based on the fleur de lis.

It seemed to be the Anglo-French flag, but the colours are swapped (the lion is on blue and the fleur-de-lys are on red).

For some reason the Anglo-French stuff makes me thinks cadet branches might finally be implemented as a feature.

Top Bottom