thoughts on an Order Cultural Victory?

darkace77450

Emperor
I'm looking to mix things up a bit from the standard play through (particularly the standard Cultural Victory route), and I'm considering a Cultural Victory attempt using Cultural Revolution and Dictatorship of the Proletariat with either China or Russia.

I suspect Freedom is the Ideology of choice for those seeking Cultural Victories, but for those of you who have gone the Order route, did you enjoy it? How far did it allow you to deviate from the standard Cultural Victory strategy, if at all? And of the two proposed Civs, which would you give the nod to for pursuing such a strategy?

A few things to note:
- I play multiplayer games with two friends on a standard-sized map.
- We play on Prince (though I'm trying to convince them to up the difficulty).
- I value fun more than I do optimization, so anything in the ballpark of "viable" is good enough for me.

A preemptive than you for any feedback you guys can offer.

You don't need an Ideology to win a cultural victory, so there's no right answer. I think that Order is simultaneously the worst and potentially best Ideology for a CV. It has 2 tenets that adds to tourism, but both are based on factors you have little/no control over.

If you can get others to change to order, then you can influence them with cultural revolution which increases tourism to all other civilizations with order.

I suggest Nicky's Iroquois LP, in which he did a (I think) 3 city Order CV and his happiness was in the 70 so he had the one component down and everyone else who picked Order was down as well. It has a higher ceiling than Freedom in terms of tourism bonuses but Freedom has a "safe" bonus that works regardless of other factors.

I'm yet to implement the 'cult of personality' thing in an autocracy CV, Futurism works but not really as great as one would hope

Freedom has a "safe" bonus that works regardless of other factors.

Unfortunately, it takes a LOT of policies to get.

Good points guys on how you can force your ideology onto others, offsetting the Order tenet that requires Order. It's a good point. I might try an Order CV in the future (CV is my fave VC I think).

Order is the best on lower difficulties when AI don't have that much happiness compared to the player early. Order is probably impossible to do properly on deity. Also forcing AI into order probably requires WC world ideology early (2nd proposal) and having enough votes to pass it. That in addition to your own tourism with hotels should be enough to do it at least on non deity.

Top Bottom