LINESIII- Forth from the Light

That's where I'm starting, Adrogans! :(

You could be starting closer to the river source for all your vaguely worded location knows. Besides, there's nothing wrong with two people starting really close to each other, just more war to watch.:popcorn:

But I was there first! *kicks over Adrogan's sand-castle*

Although, I would appreciate some sort of understanding with Adrogans. Perhaps we can talk about location?

Fine I can move I don't care.

But that's why I added an image to clarify.

Thank you, Adrogans. My pancake hat, I off for you.

Hatta
Cities: Hatta Kulum Ume Karum
Leader: Shah Sanjar / Oruc
Culture: one of many city states along the riverside each with its own God, Power is shared in Hatta by a Shah (high-priest) and an assembly of elders. As long as the people believe that their God is pleased with the current Shah his rule is almost absolute. The Hattam are keen to please their god particularly through Ritual and War. Outsiders are tolerated but not welcomed
Government: Oligarchy. Power is divided between an assembly of elders and the Shah and his priests, the Shah has the senior role between the two. Officially the cities King is Hattuk also the patron God of the Hatta
Economy: 2- 2/0
Population: To be determined by me
Army: To be determined by me
Navy: To be determined by me
Technology: Primarily agriculture and construction
Wonders:
Description: Godfearing warlike expansionists

Though LoE I have to agree with Thlyali.

Though LoE I have to agree with Thlyali.

Read mah story. They worship a god who commands them to drink the blood of their enemies, and desires constant warfare. I'll be fleshing out more later. The feudalistic background is an archetype that I like to work with.

Read mah story. They worship a god who commands them to drink the blood of their enemies, and desires constant warfare. I'll be fleshing out more later. The feudalistic background is an archetype that I like to work with.

Just ignore them

The warriors crept though the tall grass as quietly as possible. Night was upon the world once more and it was time to destroy the Milyrula, the last of the free tribes of the Kevygi. High Chieftan Fytado of the Kevygi had tried to force them in with the obvious demand that they should lower their heads as all the others have done before him. The Milyrula Chieftain Tydawe swore that none of his would ever obey another tribe. And so the High Chieftan Fytado’s son, Zenereti, found himself in the fields near the last of the Milyrula village. High Chieftan Fytado declared that if none of the Milyrula would obey him then none of the Milyrula would there be.

Zenereti awaited the signal from the warriors tasked with removing the sentries. A soft bird call sounded from closer to the village. It repeated three times then went quiet. Zenereti motioned for his warriors to surround the village. No Milyrula was to escape. It was the will of the High Chieftain.

The town was enclosed in a wall of warriors and then Zenereti of the Lavuje and his personal war band rose from the grass and closed on the village. The Milyrula warriors went out to meet the unexpected enemy with all the courage and skill of any Kevygi. Zenereti called out one last time demanding that the Milyrula lower their heads to the High Chieftain of all the Kevygi but one last time they refused.

The warriors ran at each other across the field and crashed together with the sound of thunder. Their spears, axes, and swords engaged in the deadly art of death. Warriors traded blows with one another until there was mistake. One last mistake before they fell to become one with the earth. Cries went up in surprise, pain, and victory. This went on until there was only one Milyrula warrior left. The leader of their war band, Nililu. Zenereti praised his prowess and courage and then demanded that he lower his head to save what was left of the Milyrula. Nililu stood his ground and swore that he would keep to the oath of his Chieftain. Zenereti nodded and then gave the order that ended the Milyrula forever. Nililu was shot with no less than fifty arrows and even then he never fell. Even in death he refused to lower his head. All the Kevygi understood and quietly praised brave Nililu for upholding his Chieftain’s oath.

Now the Kevygi fulfilled their High Chieftain’s oath. The Milyrula were no more. The men were killed, the women had their tattoo’s ripped off and were carried off. Thus ended the final free tribe of the Kevygi.

Oral Tradition of the Fall of the Milyrula Tribe

The Kevygi are made up of several tribes. Most of those tribes joined together through alliances or by intermarrying. Only a few tribes surrendered to the unification of the Kevygi, most went the way of the Milyrula.

There are three castes in the Kevygi:

The Hiwer – highest of the casts this represents the first three tribes to unify through an alliance and marriages. These tribes are the Lavuje (High Chieftain’s tribe), the Ralyvuci, and the Pezoyor.

The Pylux – or common caste, this is the middle ranking tribes in the social structure. These tribes get to have their tribal leaders on the council and are generally treated well and have the potential for upward social mobility. There are seven tribes in this caste: Balalo, Somaje, Tycalob, Sysywuni, Fosasu, Vykat, and the Lelavyg.

The Tutus – this is the caste of those tribes who resisted the most and are still to this day stuck with the worst jobs. They are above slaves only in the fact that they are not owned. Otherwise they cannot send tribal leaders to the council, they cannot own land, etc… There are four tribes in this caste: Hizytif, Ponomo, Salej, and the Jisuti.

It should be noted that they do have slaves but they are far from common and do not make up a significant portion of the labor force.

PS - I apologize for the roughness of this, I just wanted to start fleshing it out and am still figuring out exactly how I want this society...

Start me off on the southern cradle with the desert, south of Darkening and along the river.

Lavaria
Cities: Ungol
Leader: Arayn the Bright and Adoan the Demon /Agent 89
Culture: The Lavarians are a purely desert people, living in multiple small nomadic tribes. The one actual city, which is more of the palace and some other buildings, is located along the main river.

The Lavarians worship one god and one god only, the goddess Morva. This is there only religion and it is followed fiercely. Anyone who has the misfortune to be captured by the Lavarians must convert to their religion or suffer the most brutal death.

All Lavarian men, and even some women to a point, are trained from birth in the art of warfare. Although there is no standing army except the two sets of Palace Guards, at any time, the ruling king can call up hundreds to thousands of warriors to fight. Among the Lavarian people, the richer classes are farmers, who can afford to operate farms along the banks of the river. Often time, small battles are fought over these prime spots of land. Everyone else in society is a nomad, herding a variety of animals in the desert, moving from one oasis to another. However, there are some Lavarian men, usually the more warlike ones, who participate in large slave raids. The men who organize and pay for these raids, which often contain over 100 men, are the equivalent to merchants, and the slave trade is a very profitable business.

Government: Lavaria is an absolute monarchy, ruled by two alternating kings. Both Arayn the Bright and Adoan the Demon are believed to be sons of Morva, and her representatives on earth, thus they are treated as near gods. During the Time of Light, Arayn the Bright rules, and is a much beloved king among the people. However, when the Time of Darkness arrives, Arayn and his Palace Guards leave for exile in an unknown spot, and Adoan the Demon takes the throne. Adoan is notoriously evil and cruel, retaining his throne through fear, and taking pleasure from inflicting cruel deaths and attacking neighboring states. Unfortunately, the change in policy every day/nighttime can sometimes have a negative effect, as alliances made during the day are sometimes canceled, and wars started at night are often concluded peacefully.
Economy: 2- 2/0
Population: To be determined by me
Army: To be determined by me
Navy: To be determined by me
Technology: Some agricultural techniques, as well as rather advanced animal husbandry and some newer weapons.
Wonders:
Description: Tall, tough men with rather dark skin from their time in the desert.

The High-Thane sat in the Throne Chamber, surrounded by his lords, guards, and the clerics and priests of the Order of Maenoch. Men and women, dedicated to kissing the ground his boots touched, for Maenoch's so-called approval of his rule. Raising his right arm, an inconvenience he rarely suffered, he snapped his fingers. His servants were to bring him wine.

Immediately, several brown-robed women rushed about the Throne Chamber, searching for the finest of the wineries. Finally, out of the pack, one servant emerged, bearing a glass of red liquid, almost tinted like blood. Rushing, eagerly, to bow before the High-Thane and present him with the wine, she tripped over the hem of her robes, and fell flat on her face, spilling the wine all over the High-Thane and his court. Looking up into the severe face of the High-Thane, she begged with her eyes for mercy. It was not forthcoming. The High-Thane snapped his fingers again. The servant would be executed; failure shall not be tolerated. The dictum of Maenoch was always adhered to.

Screaming, kicking, much like the Sacrifice, the woman was dragged out of the Throne Chamber by the High-Thane's elite guards, fearsome warriors whose helms were shaped like skulls. Even the High-Thane was almost afraid of these terrible warriors. But, he reminded himself, they served him. Noticing the fear-struck stares of his court, he allowed himself a smile. Look how they respected him. The Chosen of Maenoch. Fools.

"Lords! It seems that unfortunate whore interrupted your report. Continue." the chattering crowd of men and women, wearing red robes, bowed and began to speak. "Chosen One, the inhabitants report pleasure with your rule, and subservience before your mastership. Many are enrolling now in the Legion as we speak, and yet others are joining the Order of Maenoch." The High-Thane nodded. "Very good."

The High-Thane spat out his wine. "This is horrible. Have the owner of whatever winery this was imported from executed immediately!" One of the lords raised his hand and mumbled, "Yes, Chosen One."

~Jaisho~

For we are the true people.

Capital: Heishai

Leader: First Heavenly Regent Jai-Tensei

Culture: Several powerful semi-united clans, recently forced to submit to the authority of the Tensei clan, who they have recognized as holy. Clans are not feudal, but hold all property in common. Rural, but several large villages for inter-clan trade exist.

Government: Decentralized Theocratic Divine Monarchy. Each clan of the Jaisho elects clan elders who enforce the clan's traditions and hold power of life and death over the clansmen. The Tensei clan appoints priests of the Heavenly Emperor who can overrule these elders at their whim, however.

Technology: Small walled villages surrounded by farms populate the grassland, with the occasional hill-fortress marking a clan's authority. The largest village has grown to more than ten thousand souls, and is surrounded by a great stone wall.

Description:

For long have the clans of the Jaisho struggled in the divided land. In the beginning, the gods ordained a man, Hei-Kata, to rule over the world. Hei-Kata slew all the kingdoms of the world, and established himself as heavenly emperor. The gods, seeing what Hei-Kata had done, became jealous of their subject, and tried to strike him down. But Hei-Kata refused to die. Gathering an army from the people of the world, Hei-Kata made war on the gods.

And Hei-Kata struck down the gods, and ascended to their heavenly throne.

There is now one god, Hei-Kata. He rules eternally, the human god. Once Hei-Kata left the circle of the world, his clan-lords and subjects fell into disunity. But joy of joys! The clans of the Jaisho have heard the call. First Heavenly Regent Jai-Tensei and the holy priests of the Tensei have spread the worship of the Heavenly Emperor to each and every one of the clans.

We are the holy land, and the holy people. In time, the barbarians of this world will submit to us, for we are the chosen of Heavenly Emperor Hei-Kata.

So shall it be, for so it is.

First update is on the weekend.

And I could switch the day/night cycles from 80/80 to 180/180 if we want to make the scales more earthlike, but I'd like to be different in this case.

First update is on the weekend.

And I could switch the day/night cycles from 80/80 to 180/180 if we want to make the scales more earthlike, but I'd like to be different in this case.

I've got a whole religion based around the current day night cycle, so please keep as is.

What kind of information do you want in orders, by the way?

What technological level can we expect to already have?

Starting off in prehistory, but by the end of update 1 you should expect metalworking.

Draal
Cities: Drala, Maigraith, Tecjar, Nei-Gla, Tgaramath, Eigeth, Ratha-ra
Leader: Nae’dral’la (Dark is the Moon)
Culture: The Draal are a multifarious group of peoples, united in their zealotry and the perverse requirements of their fel God Draal. It is from the blood of the unbelievers that Draal is fed whether they are taken on the battlefield or in the temples he cares not so long as he is fed the blood of the impure.
Government: Draal’s children desire to please him, if that pleasure is measured in bloody they must comply and it is on the level of the state that this is most relevant. It is no surprise that the military has become His will incarnate and it is upon the military that the sacral and temporal duties of His ministry have been vested.
Economy:
Population:
Army:
Navy:
Technology: The Draal are master farmers, sailors and craftsmen living upon Lake Tecar lakes and headwaters of river Araal they cannot help but be even if their experiences are somewhat narrow. But it is in the field of war and killing that they excel, embracing the strange animals of the west and the metals they extract they have become terrors on the battlefield.
Wonders:
Description: The Draal are not a single group of people but many united in their religion and it is around this that they have shaped their identities: neck garlanded with skulls, faces slick-sure with powdered blood and hair draped in dried viscera.

EDIT: Location wise I'm in the same cradle as FC, NK et. al. but with my culture concentrated around the lake and river mentioned above.

Top Bottom