Star of the Shogun: Realpolitik

Ah Christos, making ever so many accusations without substantiation. Tell me, how precisely is the government is corrupt, I presume of course that you can come up with something even if it is wildly fanciful.

Anyways to the new arrivals to the scene, welcome to Japan! If you want to "discuss your interests" with me than I am perfectly open to doing so (via pm). The Kami know I've given the opposition a blank cheque to do so which they for some odd reason they refrain from taking advantage of.

In front of the Palace

Captain Fargle waited patiently for his audience with the Shogun Jehosua. Hundreds of ideas whipped through his mind, turning over this and that until he was brought out of his thoughts by an incessant poking into his arm.

Beside him stood a Ragged old man staring at his shoulder while vigorisly proding it.

"By the spirits, what are you doing man?" Demanded Fargle

"Just checking if you are real." Was the blunt answer

"Real? What in the- Ravus is that you?"

"Yu?! Where?" Ravus replied whipping around. "I hate that guy! Bloody Chinese Immortal, 'oh our country is the oldest country in the world so I must be the oldest and the best immortal.' He needs a good kicking."

"Ravus... Have you gone insane?" Fargle asked hesitantly

Ravus seemed to ponder this for a moment before raising an eyebrow. "Gone?"

Well that answered that thought Fargle eyeing the people starting to crowd round Ravus. "Well put old friend, a good answer, very well spoken-do you know you are getting surrounded by lots of armed men?"

Ravus turned slowly around to eye the weapons being carried towards him. "Oh them. Yes. I'm their patron."

"Why are you a patron to a military group?"

A half shoulder shrug was his answer and Fargle closed his eyes and sighed. deciding to give up the conversation before any more brain cells committed suicide.

"If that is all I should be going into the Palace now." Fargle remarked, opening his eyes to find Ravus and all the military men gone except one.

"Boss said to make sure you were safe. We have Ninja about. Also wanted to know eventually if you were going to be an Independent Immortal or try to set up an Independent Party."

Fargle was once again happy for his inner peace. "Anything else crazy I should know?"

"Umm. Some guy keeps trying to start a revolution while we are living in huts. Ninjas are creeping about under someone secret guidance. Government is trying to start these things called Laws and the Opposition is silent a lot. Oh and we have to keep turning down offers to kill this one guy. Boss said you'd be able to figure out who. He also said he hoped you lived in interesting times but he was laughing while he said it..."

Oh and we have to keep turning down offers to kill this one guy.

Who wants to kill me????????? :mad:

ooc: awwwww, even the mad face has a santa hat now :)
ooc: christos, do you really have to ask that? anyway, it wasn't specifically said anywhere that it was you, even if it was implied :p

ooc: I would think that just about everyone wants you dead, but as to who WANTS you dead now, well I don't know, presumably someone without access to their own hirelings (which would be everyone but myself, Ravus and whoever holds the other group)

ooc: I would think that just about everyone wants you dead, but as to who WANTS you dead now, well I don't know, presumably someone without access to their own hirelings (which would be everyone but myself, Ravus and whoever holds the other group)

I don't want him dead, yet.

Also, Ravus that was neat little scene. Just one small complaint with it, I never ended up calling you "Your Holiness" under my breath. ;)

EDIT: Jehoshua, as Shogun you're going to have to do something about my request for an audience.

ooc: I did do something about it, I granted it (ergo send me a pm if you haven't already to "discuss your interests")

EXTENDED PLAN

-

for the second half of the term I propose the following plan. As per earlier precedent I will leave it up for public comment before I officially promulgate it.

-

Constructions Kyoto: finish library > archer > barracks
settling: settler to be escored by the two archers is to go forth and settle the hill 2 west of El Dorado, they are to be careful upon approach due to nearby barbarian encampment. New city is to be called Sakoku, it shall immediately build a monument. Archers are to destroy any barbarians and ensure the settler can found a city. Once city is founded and any immediate threat is eliminated, the Kyoto archer is to return to Kyoto.
social policy: tradition > aristocracy
technology finish current tech > iron working > philosophy
Kyoto worker orders: repair quarry > mine hill north of farms > plantation on northern cotton
captured worker orders: mine forested hill in copenhagen > farm unresourced grasslands in Copenhagen.
diplomacy: if someone gets peeved that we settled El Dorado, say we won't settle near them again. (since its likely to be true.)

-

I will propose further laws, and harmonise the entire legal structure of any faults after the extended plan is promulgated. Then I will finally promulgate a legal code including previously proposed law with any amendments.

EXTENDED PLAN

-

for the second half of the term I propose the following plan. As per earlier precedent I will leave it up for public comment before I officially promulgate it.

-

Constructions Kyoto: finish library > archer > barracks
settling: settler to be escored by the two archers is to go forth and settle the hill 2 west of El Dorado, they are to be careful upon approach due to nearby barbarian encampment. New city is to be called Sakoku, it shall immediately build a monument. Archers are to destroy any barbarians and ensure the settler can found a city. Once city is founded and any immediate threat is eliminated, the Kyoto archer is to return to Kyoto.
social policy: tradition > aristocracy
technology finish current tech > iron working > philosophy
Kyoto worker orders: repair quarry > mine hill north of farms > plantation on northern cotton
captured worker orders: mine forested hill in copenhagen > farm unresourced grasslands in Copenhagen.
diplomacy: if someone gets peeved that we settled El Dorado, say we won't settle near them again. (since its likely to be true.)

-

I will propose further laws, and harmonise the entire legal structure of any faults after the extended plan is promulgated. Then I will finally promulgate a legal code including previously proposed law with any amendments.

Looking at those screenshots LH posted it seems that France already got El Dorado. At least that's what it looks like.

Also, while we can hammer out the details via PM's and such but basically, as you might have guessed by the fact that I'm representing the Merchant's Guild, our agenda is trade and the economy.

As such the proposals are: Prioritizing Sailing and The Wheel as research projects, settling a coastal city and sending a boat or two out to find to new resources and trading partners and selling Open Borders to the Greece, France and Polynesia for a gold boost. Any excess luxuries should be sold to the other nations and the gold we get from it immediately pumped into befriending City-States so we can get their resources and then sell them on again for even further profits. Plans should be made for REX'ing in order to snap up as many luxuries as possible.

hmm, as to getting the wheel that would be my priority after philosophy, I think we may have sailing although I am not sure atm. As to the city site, I do not think (from the map) that the site I have in mind is claimed, however I am sure Lighthearter can clarify if it is.

The rest of what you have mentioned you can discern my response from things I have previously mentioned. Ergo no selling of open borders, no befriending cultural city states and so forth.

I'm not sure if our production is good enough, but after barracks, we could at least start the construction of The Great Library, for the free technology and faster Great Scientist generation.

Good point. I've never played Deity, so I wouldn't know, anyway... I assume it's on Prince, since it's the "normal" difficulty

I would argue that settling of the coast was of greater importance than another city settled deep inland. The sea offers great oppurtunity for wealth and trade, and even if you do not accept the importance of these surely the importance of gaining a foothold on it is something you cannnot deny. The sea is a place for the people to be made rich and prosperous, a thing of far more import than this 'El Dorado' which seems so prominent in your thoughts. It was not built by the Japanese people, how can you seek it out whilst ignoring all the other things foreigners might provide? It would be hipocritical in the extreme.

DT

I do not agree with the settling near El Dorado.. The honorable DT in this respect is right. If this is the official party line I too find it hypocritical.

As far as we know, this ElDorado has been abandoned for centuries, the symbols of other cultures erased by the wind and the sand, some buildings covered by the jungle. It is no threat to our culture, and provides a lonely and isolated place of retirement and relax and study, for our most wise men to settle and work on our own culture.

Therefore, there's no hypocrisy in our words and our will is to remain isolated and mostly unknown to foreigners. But this should be decided by our Kokyo Daijin or the Shogun.

and the sites not to shabby when it comes to resources either.

THE GREAT RAVUS IS BACK! BOW DOWN AT HIS FEET! HIS HOLINESS IS ONCE AGAIN AMONG US!

I wasn't going to join this, but once I saw Ravus's name on the front page, well I couldn't resist playing with this legend back again :D .

ooc: You're a good 20 pages late for that ;)
ic: We welcome you to Japanese Politics. What party will you be joining? Surely you see the sense of keeping Japan pure.

Top Bottom