Feature Requests and Discussion

Tholal : any news on creating "attacking-from" tags ? (on str and str%) ?
please just say if you will, you might or you will never be able(want) to add them

thanks again.

Hi Tholal, a quick comment on advanced fort implementation: Currently the AI seems to preferrentially build them within one or two tiles of cities, giving free healing and %defense to attacking enemy stacks and denying themselves a useful working tile. I assume they are applying some old fort logic to the new forts? I know they always used to do this, but the free culture flip of that tile on fort conquest makes it an especially crippling decision with advanced forts.

Does that mean that we might have another MNAI update soon, so I should hold off my next MagisterModmod release to include it?

I was hoping to work on it this weekend but first my kids were sick and now I'm sick. A new MNAI release is 'imminent' as soon as I have some free time.

Tholal : any news on creating "attacking-from" tags ? (on str and str%) ?
please just say if you will, you might or you will never be able(want) to add them

I added this as Feature Request #145 but I have no idea when I might get around to adding this tag.

Hi Tholal, a quick comment on advanced fort implementation: Currently the AI seems to preferrentially build them within one or two tiles of cities, giving free healing and %defense to attacking enemy stacks and denying themselves a useful working tile. I assume they are applying some old fort logic to the new forts? I know they always used to do this, but the free culture flip of that tile on fort conquest makes it an especially crippling decision with advanced forts.

OK. I'll enter a bug for this.

I would like to allow the Units + Cities screen to show a city overview when you mouseover a city's name on the list, like the mouseover when you mouseover the city itself.

I think you would have to expose another python widget for this to work.

----

Could you make it so that you can ask your vassal to become a permanent ally?

----
Could you suppress the blue glow indicating that a unit has enough xp to level up in cases where there are no promotions availible to that unit?

I've had some complaints in my modmod about workers glowing when they have xp enough to level up but before the player has the techs required in order to access any of the few promotions available to UNITCOMBAT_CIVILIAN.

Platyping released another update of Worldbuilder last night, so I am releasing another update today.

The mouse-overs for cities apparently do not require SDK work, as Platyping included them.

I furthermore added such mouse-overs for the drop down menus to let you choose between cities.

I added such a drop down to the City Data II screen, in addition to a map of the city. To make room I removed the Corporation section, and moved some other panels around a bit.

I made it so that you may delete a unit or city directly on the Units + Cities screen.

On the main screen, I added the ability to filter units the same way on on the unit screen.

Edit:
I just decided to make a few more changes.

I made it so that the Units + Cities screen provides shortcuts to the City Data 2, Buildings, Promotion, Plot Data, and Event Data screens in addition to the City Data 1 and Unit Data screen and the Kill Unit and Kill City buttons. I moved the map previews to the left and the buttons to the right, instead of having a button on either side of the graphic.

I also added links back to Units + Cities in the Plot Data and Events screens.

I changed the order in the unit mouseovers so that area ID is amove the coordinates, just because I thought it would look better.

I deleted the files that are unchanged from MNAI 2.53.

Since it appears that no one had yet viewed the other worldbuilder upload, I just replaced it here with one of the same name.

I have another update for WorldBuilder, incorporating Platyping's changes for version 3.20.

How difficult would it be to incorporate Worldbuilder Tools into Erebus in the Balance?

As in, how large are the python changes to CvEventManager and CvGameUtils?

Platyping annoyingly released version 3.20b shortly after I released my update.

Despite sharing the same number, there are more significant differences between 3.20 and 3.20b than there were between 3.19 and 3.20.

It adds a new religion screen, where you can adjuste the religions in every city at once and easily find the holy city.

(There is an equivalent Corporation screen, but I did not include it.)

Platyping updated his Units + Cities screen to allow easy deletion, and the deletion of all units/cities.

I decided to stay closer to his design, but keep the highlighting of the selected city/unit. I removed all of those buttons I added, but changed the drop down menu at the bottom to include a link to all those things for the active unit/city.

I added some additional links on other pages too for convenience sake.

@Qgqqqqq:
I am not familiar enough with Erebus in the Balance to answer that question.

I know that there are quite significant differences between MNAI and MagisterModmod in those files.

The changes are offset by comments like #Magister, ## Ultrapack ##, ## Platy WorldBuilder ##, etc, so the merge should not be too hard.

Edit: now it seems that Platyping has released yet another more significant update in the wee hours of the morning. I need to get ready for habitat for humanity now, but will probably have another update for you tonight.

Platyping released Worldbuilder 4.0 before I could even begin my 3.20c merge.

Here is Worldbuilder 4.0 for MNAI 2.53 instead.

It includes the bug fixes I posted in Platyping's thread.

I decided to change the Promotions screen dimensions to align better with my version of the units screen, making the promotions panel itself bigger and giving room enough for my added filters.

For simplicity's sake I did not try to keep my version of City Data II with the map showing the city, but I did not use Platyping's new version exactly either. I kept the menu to let you choose between cities more easily, and moved the Change By Menu over to the other side of the screen with the Add/Remove menu.

Edit: Somehow I seem to have broken the Buildings screen's ability to grant all buildings to a city. I should probably fix that before updating my modmod.

Edit: It also seems that I forgot to include his changes to CvWBDesc.py, which are needed in order to allow various world builder changes to be included in scenario files.

Platyping went ahead and released WorldBuilder 4.1 (or is it 4.01? He wrote it differently in different places), and I have merged it.

I also managed to get the Buildings screen working properly with my filter, and got CvWBDesc.py merged so that both FfH2 and Worldbuilder stuff should be saved in scenarios.

Platyping made some minor stealth changes to CvWBDesc.py after I uploaded the last release.

Since then, I made some more significant changes to that same file. Specifically, I made it possible for a scenario file to save information about:

(In Game Data)

Scenario Counter
Global Counter Limit
Global (Armageddon) Counter (Note: rounding issues may make this slightly off)

(In Player Data)

Alignment
Traits
WorldSpell, Sirona's Touch, and Trust feats
Disabled Production, Research, and Spell Casting

(In Unit Data)

Defense Combat Strength
Duration
Unit's Religion
Summoner ID
Alternate Unit Type (Unit ScenarioCounter)
Permanent Summon status
Has Casted status
Immortal status
Promotion Ready status
Made Attack status
Made Interception status

(In Plot Data)

Move Disabled AI
Move Disabled Human
Build Disabled
Found Disabled
Python Active
Minimum Level
Plot Counter
Portal Exit X
Portal Exit Y

Since Platyping made several other changes, including the ability to edit Script Data, the majority of the code in ScenarioFunctions.py may now be unnecessary.

This update might be the most significant one yet for scenario-makers.

Kuriotates don't seem to understand the distinction between their cities and their settlements when making civic choices. I see them switching over from Republic to City States when they get a large number of settlements, even though this doesn't really make sense.

could the AI re-evaluate what they're building after River of Blood is cast? they often get stuck building a settler at 1 pop with multiple improved tiles around.

Platyping released Version 4.02, so I am now releasing another MNAI Worldbuilder update too.

Unfortunately, the changes that Platyping made in order to allow Barbarian data to be saved seem to be causing problems with MNAI.

Do you remember how there were a few FfH2 scenarios which MNAI could not run because they had non-consecutive players? Well, the Barbarian state is considered player 50, and there are usually a lot of gaps between the index of the higher real player and that.

I had to roll back parts of CvWBDesc.py in order to prevent this.

Here is another update, including Platyping's fix for commas and saving the culture of plots.

I still have not figured out how to stop BUG from causing a crash in a WB save that includes info on the barbarian team, so there are changes to prevent the related errors.

Edit: I accidentally deleted the iY += 30 at the end of the for loop around like 225 of WBPlotScreen.py, without which all of the yield adjustments are placed right on top of each other.

Edit: I accidentally deleted the iY += 30 at the end of the for loop around like 225 of WBPlotScreen.py, without which all of the yield adjustments are placed right on top of each other.

So this is an issue in the uploaded file, right? How would one fix it? (As in, at what line should one add in iY += 30, exactly?)

It is in line 225, at the bottom line of the for loop for i in xrange(YieldTypes.NUM_YIELD_TYPES): and indented to fit within that loop.

(I said around because I was checking in WinMerge, which often numbers things differently than Notepad++ but did not this time. It was a typo that made me say like instead of line.)

the code that picks the Infernal's starting spot and the code that picks where Orthus' spawns always spawn them as south as possible, it'd be nice if it were more unpredictable. it is possible this issue is only apparent on premade maps, iirc somebody already reported it before.

A "No Loki" gameoption like the one for Duin etc. would be nice, iirc many people immediately quit if they have Balseraphs as neighbours :lol:

Kuriotates don't seem to understand the distinction between their cities and their settlements when making civic choices. I see them switching over from Republic to City States when they get a large number of settlements, even though this doesn't really make sense.

I checked the Civic valuation code and it is indeed discounting Settlements when counting cities. Perhaps there is something going wrong when its calculating potential maintenance costs.

[to_xp]Gekko;13270443 said:
could the AI re-evaluate what they're building after River of Blood is cast? they often get stuck building a settler at 1 pop with multiple improved tiles around.

Yes. I found and removed some code that was forcing the AI to continue building a Settler/Worker once they had started.

Here is another update, including Platyping's fix for commas and saving the culture of plots.

Thanks MC! I’ll probably do an updated Worldbuilder merge into MNAI soon.

[to_xp]Gekko;13294107 said:
the code that picks the Infernal's starting spot and the code that picks where Orthus' spawns always spawn them as south as possible, it'd be nice if it were more unpredictable. it is possible this issue is only apparent on premade maps, iirc somebody already reported it before.

I remember this issue being brought up before but I dont remember any further info. The place Infernals code is in python and doesn’t have any built-in bias towards southern locations. Same for Orthus.

Here is the Infernal placement code (I'll format it for readability later)
pBestPlot = -1
iBestPlot = -1
for iLoop in range (CyMap().numPlots()):
pPlot = CyMap().plotByIndex(iLoop)
iX = pPlot.getX()
iY = pPlot.getY()
iPlot = -1
if pInfernalPlayer.canFound(iX, iY):
if pPlot.getNumUnits() == 0:
iPlot = CyGame().getSorenRandNum(50, "Place Hyborem")
iPlot += 50
iPlot += pPlot.area().getNumTiles() * 2
iPlot += pPlot.area().getNumUnownedTiles() * 10

## Check Big Fat Cross for other players, resources and terrain
for iCityPlotX in range(iX-1, iX+2, 1):
for iCityPlotY in range(iY-1, iY+2, 1):
pCityPlot = CyMap().plot(iCityPlotX,iCityPlotY)
iCityTerrain = pCityPlot.getTerrainType()
iCityPlot = pCityPlot.getPlotType()
iCityBonus = pCityPlot.getBonusType(TeamTypes.NO_TEAM)

for jPlayer in range(gc.getMAX_PLAYERS()):
lPlayer = gc.getPlayer(jPlayer)
if lPlayer.isAlive():
if pCityPlot.getCulture(jPlayer) > 100:
iPlot -= 250
if pPlot.isAdjacentOwned():
iPlot -= 25
else:
iPlot += 15
if (iCityTerrain == gc.getInfoTypeForString('TERRAIN_SNOW')) or (iCityTerrain == gc.getInfoTypeForString("TERRAIN_DESERT")):
iPlot -= 25
elif (iCityTerrain == gc.getInfoTypeForString('TERRAIN_TUNDRA')):
iPlot -= 10
if (pCityPlot.isWater()):
iPlot -= 25
elif not iCityBonus == BonusTypes.NO_BONUS:
iPlot += gc.getBonusInfo(iCityBonus).getYieldChange(YieldTypes.YIELD_PRODUCTION) * 25
iPlot += gc.getBonusInfo(iCityBonus).getYieldChange(YieldTypes.YIELD_COMMERCE) * 15

if iPlot > iBestPlot:
iBestPlot = iPlot
pBestPlot = pPlot

A "No Loki" gameoption like the one for Duin etc. would be nice, iirc many people immediately quit if they have Balseraphs as neighbours :lol:

Probably not going to happen. I’m not really sure why the No Duin option is there. Must be a holdover from early code.

Top Bottom