Changes for v1.07

I get the idea of limiting professions to force criminals and servants to 'earn' their freedom, and I think I like it. Can't wait to see it in action....

How come a criminal can become a scout where an indentured servant can't? Is that a typo in the changelog?

The new promotion system takes getting used to, but I'm OK with using the Civ IV bonuses vs. progression from criminal to indentured servant, to colonist to veteran. I like the idea of criminals and indentured servants working to become regular colonists over time, more realistic to the time period vs. putting them in school or sending them to Indians.

For me, the biggest problem the new COL has is ignoring nation building after DOI. There should be incentive to keep producing goods, making a viable economy after DOI and not just turn the entire population into soldiers.

What was a shock was getting units killed in the new COL. Used to lose horses, then lose guns, then get captured. Combat system is much more lethal than the old.

I think more things i would like to be added to AoD mod is:

1: The abililty to purchase a seasoned scout from europe. should be obviously high priced.

2: Remove the training of season scout from indian villages which i think is never used. By the time you know who is offering the training and getting a spare colonist to that village, all of the new world is already discovered. instead

3: Add the chance of like 10% for a untrained new colonist on first contact with a village to become season scout.

4: More villages should need finished goods like rum, cigars and cloths instead of only guns and horses. They should also pay a good amount for that finished goods. Should be random goods for random villages. This should help the players to trade with the native, who like me feels that the AoD killed the trade system with native.

5: The ability to attack pirates and pirate city without declaring war. (I don't want the negative attitude from natives for razing pirate city or even from other Europeans).

can we get an estimated time for the next update of THIS GREAT MOD.

3: Add the chance of like 10% for a untrained new colonist on first contact with a village to become season scout.

This already happens in 1.06, which was a nice surprise :) Not sure what the chances of it happening are, or how its worked out, but i sent two free colonists out on horses and they both got turned into seas scout when speaking to various chiefs :)

This already happens in 1.06, which was a nice surprise :) Not sure what the chances of it happening are, or how its worked out, but i sent two free colonists out on horses and they both got turned into seas scout when speaking to various chiefs :)

Actually it doesn't work quite like that, but great guess. :)

If a colonist (scout) finds a tribe that trains SS he will automatically train at the tribe to become a SS. ;) This sets him back a couple of turns, but the training more than makes up for it.

Something very weird in civ4col I just noticed is that when you are playing as the dutch, and you click one of your units, sometimes he says: "Deze militair meldt zich!" ("This soldier reports!"). However, not only their soldiers say this, but their pioneers and colonists as well.

Changelist updated with the latest changes. :)

Sorry for the delay in this update. Between new son, the heatwave and the bushfires the last month and a half has been very hectic. :)

REF changes have been listed on the changelist. :)

Something very weird in civ4col I just noticed is that when you are playing as the dutch, and you click one of your units, sometimes he says: "Deze militair meldt zich!" ("This soldier reports!"). However, not only their soldiers say this, but their pioneers and colonists as well.

Here's something weirder. Take the same soldier and educate him as an expert sugar planter. Then make sure he's not armed. :eek:

I think more things i would like to be added to

5: The ability to attack pirates and pirate city without declaring war. (I don't want the negative attitude from natives for razing pirate city or even from other Europeans).
I agree.

Maybe destroying an pirate city even could bring positive attidude from all europeans? On the other hand just taking over a pirate city and claim it for your empire may be an different thing.... Not sure if the files will allow this.

Aye ^. The diplomacy for pirates need to be reworked.

The whole Pirate concept needs to be re-worked, not just Pirate diplomacy and combat. :)

Though don't expect that soon. I've got 1.07 ready (just doing some testing) and 1.08 will introduce my new politics system. Maybe after that? :lol:

Some comments.. but I'm still a newb to C4C, so im not sure about some things here.

1. It seems to me the economic victory is (to?) easy to reach for the Dutch. Im playing on Marathon and 40.000 "total goods traded" seems not that hard to get.

2. In each of my AOD2 games, one of the European AI is rushing thrugh the FF line in the early 1600s. Every 4 Years another FF joins the same Nation. (Not sure if this is AOD specific, I love playing sloooow [= Marathon] and I'm only playing AOD, no Vanilla.)

Edit: Sorry, I missplaced my coment... I'm still on 1.06

Top Bottom