Civ IV Installation Error

Ukiestud

Chieftain
Hey, guys. I recently received Civilization IV as a gift. Yesterday, I tried to install the game and ran into a problem. Well, I put in the first CD and followed the steps properly. Halfway through the installation it told me to replace CD 1 with the second CD. I did this and it continued to install. Right before the installation completed, I received an error from the game. I received the following:

(click thumbnail)

Can anyone tell me what this means? Has anyone else perhaps experienced something similar? Thanks for your help.

I ran into the same error as you. What I did to get the game to play...relatively bug free...

1. Do not close that error box at all. (I lose the install then except for the empty folders.)
2. Control/Alt/Delete to end the install.
3. Start game. Reboot. or some combination like that.....Just do not close that error box except with control/alt/delete.....this is with WinXP anyway.

That worked for me. BUT the patch will not install because it says no versions of CIV4 are installed. Another thing is the program is not listed in the add/remove programs folder of the control panel.

Good luck.

Top Bottom