Catastrophic Failure on Installation

RSinger10

Chieftain
Trying to load Civ4 for the first time, and as soon as I get to disk 2, I get a feature transfer error for data3.cab and a catastrophic failure announcement.

Specs are

Operating System: Windows XP Professional (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 2 (2600.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519)
Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: VIAK8_
System Model: AWRDACPI
BIOS: Award Modular BIOS v6.00PG
Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) 64 Processor 2800+, MMX, 3DNow, ~1.8GHz
Memory: 512MB RAM
Page File: 365MB used, 785MB available
Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
DX Setup Parameters: Not found

Display Devices
---------------
Card name: NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500
Manufacturer: NVIDIA
Chip type: GeForce FX 5500
DAC type: Integrated RAMDAC
Device Key: Enum\PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0326&SUBSYS_00000000&REV_A1
Display Memory: 256.0 MB
Current Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor
Monitor Max Res: 1600,1200
Driver Name: nv4_disp.dll
Driver Version: 6.14.0010.9147 (English)
DDI Version: 9 (or higher)

Would appreciate any assistance. Thanx.

Try to copy the contents of the installation disks to your hard drive. Start the installation by running setup.exe from hard drive.

Unfortunately this does not work. I placed everything on the hard drive including the one file from disk 2 - data3.cab and launched installation from the setup.exe copied to the hard drive. When it reached the data3.cab, it still gave the same feature transfer error-catastrophic failure message. Is it possible that this file is corrupted on the disk. If so, how do I get another?

Crap, I'm having this same problem! I will try that guy's suggestion. Though it looks like it will not work. For shame CIV IV!!, for shame!!!1

EDIT: Nope, didn't work.

I've encountered the same problem when installing the cds from my cdrom drive and my hard drive. After disc 1 or the United Nations wonder a box labelled "Feature transfer error" pops up. The box says:

Feature: DefaultFeature

Component:

Error: Catastropic Failure

The box has an Ok button and clicking it terminates the installation. Actually doing anything terminates the installation.

I have tried deleting everying in my Temp folder and deleting the install shield file as suggested on the 2Kgames site. I've also tried to install it using autorun.exe and setup.exe and get the same result everytime. The friend who gave me the discs (yes they are the originals with all the packaging and yes they are clean) had no problem installing it. I've tried them on two laptops, both with good resources and one of them very new, and have had no luck.

Top Bottom