[BTS Total Mod] Thomas' War

Wow, that's absolutely amazing our base BTS files do differ!!!! Why that's even possible I have no idea - and also why I never would have been able to find the problem on my own.

This was taken from BTS 3.17 folders? - Acutally, even my 3.13 installation differs from them

Do either of you use Steam or whatever the downloaded version is called?

If that's the only thing wrong I should be able to fix it. I'll have something to try shortly.

Ever have one of those days when you forget about the little things?
When I put CIV onto my computer again, I forgot to patch it!
tsentom1, the file I uploaded was from 3.03. I am patching the game now.
Sorry for not reading directions :lol:

Okay try replacing the maininterface file in thomas war/assets/python/screens with this one

View attachment CvMainInterface.7z

more likely than not it won't work but it should have corrected the last error so now it can report any errors after it. please tell me the python exception that comes up

Edit: Ah okay if that still doesn't work try what I said above.

Danukian are you using a version earlier than 3.13? 3.13 and 3.17 are the only versions I tested it on and maybe, I guess, the only versions it works on

I had no problems at all, and I think the interface looked great. Of course I hadn't gotten to the point of taking cities yet. So I'll use the No Buildings Fix patch and go with that. I'll let you know if I run into any problems.

I have been using Version 2.0 and I just had a bug where it keeps crashing. It is AD860 on a Huge Hub, Marathon HotSeat game. I've played several games with the same settings with no problem. But no matter what I seem to do it always crashed when advancing past AD860.

Does anyone know of a solution?

Will upgrading to 3.0 allow me to play the same save game file or will I need to start over?

maarkean, is it MAF (it would say memory allocation failure) crashes or just random game shutting off. there's not much to be done for MAFS. all big mods can have them. you can try playing on lower graphics or a smaller map if thats the case.

Otherwise, is it version 2.1 or 2.8/2.85. 2.1 there may not be much to help, 2.8 or 85 I can probably fix for you. Are you playing with Choose Religions on? There was a crash with that in the 2.8s when someone founded a non default religion in one of the 4 later techs (which would be around 860AD). I can fix the XML for you if thats the case.

v3.0 will require you to start over (as i completely reorganized a lot of the files) and I recommend after you're done with your current game to upgrade as I add a lot and probably fixed the crash (as i've played past AD860)

Please help
I still have problem with this mod. I did everything: reinstall to default catalog, copied mod to default catalog c:\..\mod. When it started i saw message: GFC error: failed to initialize the primary control theme. What to do.

Mike try what I posted here:

http://forums.civfanatics.com/showpost.php?p=7406348&postcount=168

If that doesn't work the quickest method would be to erase the Resource folder (found in Thomas' War/ Resource) and the artdefines_misc xml file found in thomas' war/assets/xml/art.

If all else fails you may have to re download. It has been fixed (basically by doing what I said in the link above) in the main download.

maarkean, is it MAF (it would say memory allocation failure) crashes or just random game shutting off. there's not much to be done for MAFS. all big mods can have them. you can try playing on lower graphics or a smaller map if thats the case.

Otherwise, is it version 2.1 or 2.8/2.85. 2.1 there may not be much to help, 2.8 or 85 I can probably fix for you. Are you playing with Choose Religions on? There was a crash with that in the 2.8s when someone founded a non default religion in one of the 4 later techs (which would be around 860AD). I can fix the XML for you if thats the case.

It's all the way back to 2.0. Just a game shutting off, no MAFS message as far as I can tell.

Thanks for the offer but I guess I will take this as an opportunity to upgrade to 3.0. Since it has new stuff that will take some of the sting out hehe.

Awesome mod btw.

hi
nothing was changed. after deleting Resource folder I lost interface, ofcourse I did what U wrote in post #204.
If I dont delete folder Resource folder I still have msg:GFC error and next: init fonts (24,19s)

mike did you delete the resource folder and the artdefines_misc xml file?

aslo, you need to be at least at BTS v 3.13

if so, i'm sorry, the only thing i can suggest is re-downloading the whole file

This will fix that bug. It will not affect saved games so you can fix it and continue your games. You'll need to start from a save before the error occurred though.
Thanks, worked great!

Now... I'm off to eliminating France! ;)

Cheers, LT.

Okay, the main download has been updated to 3.1

You don't have to redownload. If you downloaded the no building fix i posted in the forums, well that's the sum of the patch really. If you downloaded before I changed the name of the post to 3.1 simply download the fix:

Please download the fix, v3.1, found here:
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downlo...=file&id=11109

It's just two files, fixes that no building bug. It doesn't even affect saved games so you can continue your games. However, it can't retroactively remove the bug so you'd have to start at a save before you encountered the bug.

Someone asked me, and I just wanted to clarify, Thomas War does not use a custom DLL so you are free to use anyone you want say from the new version of the unofficial patch that someone just posted.

It works 100% just like if you were doing it for regular BTS. I don't know how it affects multiplayer. It would be the same with standard BTS so you'd have to ask that modcomp maker.

I have the next couple of days off because of the election, and I am currently working on a mod (and about to start another one actually) for the Diplogame CivGroup at Apolyton, so I'm trying to learn as much as I can. Basically I am going to playtest this and see if I can emulate these errors. I played a game as Canada the other day and I didn't seem to have any troubles (but I didn't play the whole way through), so we'll see what happens.

EDIT: Double Post

BTW; where's Pierre Trudeau for Canada? There is a great leaderhead for him out there! As well as Ekmek's Klemens von Metternich and Franz Joseph for Austria!

I don't repeat leader traits and I make sure to have every single leader trait combination!

To add more leaders I have to make another trait, and with every trait the total combinations goes up. One more trait would need like 17 more leaders!

I got to the point where I just didn't have the time to do that, or make a new python based trait for this version. Not to mention I don't copy or paste the leaderheadinfos - I try to individualize them - as well as adding some unique diplomatic quotes for each one!

There were two firaxis leaderheads from Colonization that worked really well for Canada so I chose to make those leaders instead of using leaderheads off the board.

Obviously, the high quality leader heads will appear in the next version. Though that isn't for a long ways off. I have too much in real life at the moment to start on a potential 4.0. Ekmek released a bunch of high quality leaderheads literally like the day before I released this. It was just too late to try to incorporate them in time for my release getting this out before I got busy with real life.

Top Bottom