City States Leaders for BNW [WIP Icon contribution hread]

Is it really appropriate to use living leaders for city-states? such as Lee Kuan Yew and Nursultan Nazarbayev?
Kyzyl is gonna be a hard one to find a leader for...

Gotta say I'm really amazed by the job you guys are doing in this thread. When I saw the thread title I thought that was not going to be worth it, but when I see the amazing jobs done so far, I certainly changed my mind.

So, sorry for the long time since the last update, but going back to university always drains the time badly.

Anyway. Mr Eshmunazar II of Sidon:

Spoiler :

I'll also be doing Tigrannes II for Yerevan (I think Tigranes the Great is a far better option for representing Armenia, more iconic; also, I already made a leadercene for him so it'll be easier :p)

Ok, Sidon is more Red now, check it in the other post... (F5 it)

Also, Tigrannes the Great of Yerevan (Armenia) is here:

Spoiler :

BTW, I just noticed that many of the leaders we are lacking are far too modern, which isn't always the best option (and I presume Jan also has issues with that : P), so I think I can suggest some not so modern leaders for some:
So, opinions?

Could you post a tutorial as to how to do one of these so efficiently as you do? Or are they all hand painted?

I'd love to help out in any capacity.

Could you post a tutorial as to how to do one of these so efficiently as you do? Or are they all hand painted?

I'd love to help out in any capacity.

You can achieve some sort of similar effect with filters Cutout, Posterize and Surface Blur. It doesn't work that often however, and I use these effects on portrait collages I make as a base for further painting. So yes, basically my icons (and Leugi's also, I guess ;) ) are all painted.

You can achieve some sort of similar effect with filters Cutout, Posterize and Surface Blur. It doesn't work that often however, and I use these effects on portrait collages I make as a base for further painting. So yes, basically my icons (and Leugi's also, I guess ;) ) are all painted.

Yeah, and another option is vectorizing them manually like Sukritact too. However the only way of achieving great icons like jan's or sukritact's, or 'at least they look nice' icons like mine is with practice really. There's bunch of tutorials for digital painting with and without a pen tablet on the web :goodjob:

Awesome guys, thanks a bunch!

Here is a placeholder if you wanted to do anything with Arthur Phillip of Syndey:

Spoiler :

Wow, TPangolin, that came out really great! If I might ask for a couple small changes? Could you cut out the gray background under his arm (near the sword hilt)? And could you make the background color cyan (blue-green) instead of green?

Thanks for helping out.

Wow, TPangolin, that came out really great! If I might ask for a couple small changes? Could you cut out the gray background under his arm (near the sword hilt)? And could you make the background color cyan (blue-green) instead of green?

Thanks for helping out.

Spoiler :

And here's John Batman for Melbourne!

Spoiler :

Not too fond of these ones but still, they look quite decent when minimized - Here's one for Lee Kuan Yew of Singapore:

Spoiler :

And also Andrianampoinimerina of Antananarivo:

Spoiler :

Afonso de Albuquerque might make a good leader for Ormus.

Parameswara would be a great leader for Malacca

Yap Ah Loy of Kuala Lumpur:

Spoiler :

Top Bottom