Leader scene not loading

Maguyver

Chieftain
*Edit*

Mod, before you even say it, I accidentally posted in this in the wrong forum. Will try and delete and post it in the right spot.

Hello, got a completely exhausting issue.

So I have created a custom Civ. The DOM works, the icons work, the colors work, and it plays. The only problem is that the Leader Scene screen is simply gray and gives a little message at the top left corner stating, "THERE IS NO LEADER SCENE LOADED!"

Or something like that. Here's what I have done:

1. The image's DDS file is loaded into VHS.
2. There is a leader scene XML specifically pointing to the DDS file with the correct code. That XML file is loaded in the Actions tab under the mod properties.
3. The <ArtDefineTag> under the Leaders code is properly worded.

I'm at a total loss. As far as I can tell, I have done everything EXACTLY the same way that the rest of the world does it, it just simply does not work for me. Can anyone offer me any kind of insight?

Thank you.

Hi Rob, and thank you.

Yes, everything is working great now. Well, not everything, but it's close enough that I am super excited and really enjoying it again. Just one little hurdle to overcome but I'll get it shortly.

To be honest, I am actually scavenging a lot of assets from your Anno Domini mod. I really wanted to use some of the Civs you had in there, but I kind of also wanted to Frankenstein them together with some of my own ideas and others as well. I'm putting the finishing touches on a Spartan, Han, Amazon, Brigantia, and probably more-as-I-go pack!

Good for you! Just wait until the BNW version is out - many more assets in there! Check out Wodhann's thread (near the top in this forum) - there's a lot of great icons he's created that I'm using in the new version. If you've not seen them, Ambrox62's ancient civs might be a good place to scavenge too.

Top Bottom