W.I.N.T.E.R's Makings Thread

Rufus T.Firefly said:
Oh, adorable!

... and it even sounds good ;)

(would you be able to make a recording of a wwii italian infantry (hint hint) ? something like " viva il duce " (Im hardly an expert on what battlecry they would have entuned) :)

Winter,
didn't you start on a turkish infantry unit from WW1 ???

If I'm correct how is progress ???

Cemo

Winter,
I hope you don't wait too long for the sounds. It can be added later, if needed.
The unit is priority one I guess. The turks are very special and not many present units can take there place I think.
Hope you can finish it. The other is just soooo great, so I hope....

Cemo

dear winter, you have done a great job, but for a complete wwi scen it is essential to have an kuk austrian infanterie unit und of corse the famous 30.5cm skoda howitzer.

source: http://members.fortunecity.se/mikaelxii/ww1/

The Skoda Howitizer

The Austrians developed the Skoda 30.5 cm howitzer at Pilsen in 1910. Although 28 tons it was designed to be road-transportable. Once it arrived at the firing-site it took only 40 minutes to assemble. The gun needed a crew of twelve men and could fire ten rounds per hour. The 846 lb shell had a range of 13,124 yards.

On the outbreak of the First World War, Skodas were erected outside the fortress of Liege in Belgium. During August these guns destroyed the ring of 12 forts around the city. News of the success of this new weapon encouraged other countries involved in the conflict to produce large mobile guns.

a very good historycal side for austrian and italian wwi info - but extremly slow: http://berg.heim.at/almwiesen/410100/

with respect, but wouldn't it more accurat to make an austrian infant. unit then an portugies or australien one?

Attachments

• skoda.jpg
    skoda.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 802
zefel said:
dear winter, you have done a great job, but for a complete wwi scen it is essential to have an kuk austrian infanterie unit und of corse the famous 30.5cm skoda howitzer.

U mean this ?

a very good historycal side for austrian and italian wwi info - but extremly slow: http://berg.heim.at/almwiesen/410100/

with respect, but wouldn't it more accurat to make an austrian infant. unit then an portugies or australien one?

Point taken :) thanks for the site- I'll look into it...

W.i.n.t.e.r said:
U mean this ?

yes, seems to be the skoda. some more photos. i think the adaptation of the PTW wwii german rifleman will fit very good to the late austrian unit as well as the late german one. they used the same helmlet with the german. the early one looks similar to the german gebirgsjäger of wwii(most of them where austrian).
thanks for pick up ...

Attachments

• Skodamoerser30.5.jpg
    Skodamoerser30.5.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 377
  • HGmors1s.jpg
    HGmors1s.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 359
  • early_infant_austrian.jpg
    early_infant_austrian.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 345
  • late_infant_austrian.jpg