New team colours!

I found the ntp and i replaced them and when i played a game the color where not changed at all not one

Cybie said:
and those new C3C color they work

I'm glad things have finally worked for you. It was almost frustrating reading your posts and not having the colors work for you.

During the weeks, I have checked the whole graphic modpacks library from end to beginning. There have been tons of awesome things, that I have downloaded and used, but this is the most innovative and efective of all modifications!

:thanx:

does anyone have the original colors for me? my game crashes bc i edited them too much...:(

Here's a set of colours, with some edited.
In particular, two shades of pink and a shade of dark yellow were replaced with cyan (see screenshot), lime and a shade of gray.
Because of this, some other colours were darkened or lightened a bit in oder to improve the distinction.
The zip contains a .biq, too, with no rules changes but only colour assignments. This was done because there was some people complainting that sometimes some civs are automatically given the same colour. With a redistribution this won't happen again. You can play the biq with the new shades without having to overwrite the original colours.

EDIT 11/05/04: Updated version (1.1). Some changes to enhance distinction between cities colours.
The biq here is based on Conquests v1.22

where are you supposed to save it to?

man that lime is awesome!
You've got it working then, great! Yes, Carthage has got a nice colour in Rhye's palette. Black barbarians are also better, I think.
I still wasn't completely happy with the colours and fooled around a bit more. I came up with a nice hazy yellow, a pale terracotta and a light brown; colours that were still missing. Other colours I changed a bit. Maybe I should upload my results here, I don't know.

You've got it working then, great! Yes, Carthage has got a nice colour in Rhye's palette. Black barbarians are also better, I think.
I still wasn't completely happy with the colours and fooled around a bit more. I came up with a nice hazy yellow, a pale terracotta and a light brown; colours that were still missing. Other colours I changed a bit. Maybe I should upload my results here, I don't know.
I'm sure there are many, like me, that will say "the more the merrier". Of course we'll cherry pick, just as we do with terrain packs, units, etc.

Optional, please do upload the colours you made. I could use some different colours for my mod.:) As Blue Monkey said, "the more, the merrier!"

I'm using Civilization 3 Complete, and have the Art folder for both Civilization 3 and C3C backed up.

I copied Rhye's Palettes folder into the "C:\Games\Civilization 3 Complete\Conquests\Art\Units" folder and it didn't work. So I deleted the folder and tried putting the modified Palettes folder content into "C:\Games\Civilization 3 Complete\Art\Units\Palettes", overwriting the original files and I tried the game again. It still doesn't work, I'm only seeing the default colors. :confused:

Oh. :) Bubump! :bump:
Not sure if all discussion participants still active on the forum, but Pounder is still on the board, and Oz was here - so, I hope, they'll be able to help.
In the page 6 of the thread Sloth_MD posted the link to the program but the link/website no longer available. Having the terrible English, I understood (and I could be incorrect) this program will give correct numbers for colors and positions in the palette (I'm very far from gfx processing, so this is ultimately hard task for me).
So, is there any possibility to re-upload that program? Not sure how it'll work (screenshots disappeared as well, too) but would like to play with it. :) Thanks a lot anyway, guys!

Top Bottom