Rise and Rule for Civ3:Conquests

I'm sorry to bring back a two month old topic, but I am having trouble with the Domestic Adviser sliders:

I am using RaR and after starting a game, I noticed I was losing money. I then went to my domestic adviser screen and set myself to spend less on science research. The turn ended, and the spending slider adjusted itself back to what it was before I changed it. What could be causing this?

Dude this is from the scenario I think. Some scenarios are set up to can't be your economy at back position (-20/day).

The strange thing is that I was playing this mod a year ago and didn't have this problem. I got a new computer and forgot to put the save on the new computer so I started over and noticed it. It's really annoying, to say the least, because I'm losing money, and the game won't let me fix it.

IIRC if you set the slider at the end of each turn and save (optional) you will collect at the level you set but the slider will be reset. Yes a function of Govt. type.

Its because the government you're using has a rate cap, and this means neither the percentage of the science slider, the luxury slider, or what goes into taxes, can individually be higher than the rate cap.

So if a government has a rate cap set to 5 (i.e. 50%), then the science slider can't be set above 50% and the luxury slider can't be set above 50%, but together they must add up to at least 50%, because otherwise tax will be higher than 50%. So if this is the case, the advisor resets the science slider (since its the first one) to the minimum level required to make sure none of the 3 are higher than, in this example, 50%.

I will try to keep from going bankrupt until I can get a new technology then. Thanks.

Hi, everybody. My first post here.
I've been plying Rise & Rule for years, and it's really an awesome mod - I'm still playong it from time to time. Two things that didn't work was worker efficiency when upgrading from serf to peasant and so on. The laborer didn't finish the jobs any faster than the serf. Also when trying to reload a previous saved game, the filename wouldn't be pre-selected. I've search most of this thread (it's looooong), and couldn't find anything regarding this issues. The thing is, I have found work-arounds, and thougth I should share it here in case someone would find it useful.

1. The worker efficiency is set in the editors unit-tab under "Worker strength". The editors helpfile states that 100 means 100%, 125 for 125% and so on. This is not the case - the game only recognises steps in whole hundreds. 199 is the same as 100, and 200 is twice as efficient as 100. I reset the serf/worker to 400, peasant to 500, laborer to 600 and engineer to 700. In addition I multiplied the "turns to complete" value of worker jobs with 4 (except those actions that consumes the worker). I also changed the values for other units that can perform worker actions, like hardy clan, elephant units etc. Now the upgraded worker units is more efficient than its predecessor. However, the Civlopedia-entry for the worker-actions will show "turns to complete"-values four times higher than actual.

2. The problem with filename on gamesaves is caused by the punctuation mark after the month (at least in the extended 915 turns version). I opened the Labels.txt file in notepad and removed the dots after the months abbreveations (use only a plain text editor like notepad - or else the file will be corrupted). Also save a copy of the file before editing it - just in case something goes wrong.

These modifications did at least work for me.

Regards Jorsalfare

2. The problem with filename on gamesaves is caused by the punctuation mark after the month (at least in the extended 915 turns version). I opened the Labels.txt file in notepad and removed the dots after the months abbreveations (use only a plain text editor like notepad - or else the file will be corrupted). Also save a copy of the file before editing it - just in case something goes wrong.
That's always bothered me. IIRC there are some other scenarios where the same problem crops up. Thanks for the solution.

Thanks man.

Does anyone know how to fix the Heavy Frigate bug? Where it crashes after saying FILE NOT FOUND art/units/ship_of_the_line/ship_of_the_line.ini"

I've tried every solution in this thread like creating a folder called "ship_of_the_line" and correcting the pediaicons.txt file, but none of it works, it still keeps crashing. Anyone know other solutions I can try?

The INI file is the file within a unit file that tells the computer which animation and sound files to use. It has to be called the name of the older it is in. For example: "Infantry\Infantry.INI"

There can be no space between the . and the INI. This tells what type of file the INI file is, and the computer does not recognize a . INI file. Simply change the entry in the Pedia Icons.txt. Scrolldown to the very bottom of the .txt file and look for the Ship of the Line entry. There should be a space after the . and before the INI. Delete it.

Try this. It's a typo in the scenario.

Good deal! I had to fix this a long time ago, and it was very frustrating hunting down that one little change.

I signed up solely to ask a few questions.

First. Why is it that Invention's pedia page says that Korea builds hwacha instead of crossbowmen, and when I have the saltpeter and said tech, I cannot build them?

Top Bottom