Dune Wars: Tom Vs Bruce

Deliverator

Graphical Hackificator
Awesome! TvB was my favorite section of CGW back when they were doing it. It's awesome to know that we made a game (mod) which they will be playing!

Very cool. I hadn't heard of the feature before, but I've enjoyed reading Tom's stuff.

If they're doing multiplayer though... is Dune Wars stable enough to play multiplayer successfully? Or is that the "something a little different"?
I guess we'll find out!

hey long time friends :)

how u all been doing ?

im so glad to see u are all still here and deliverators still getting out new updates.

cant believe after 3 years our mod is still active.

i salute u all guys.

p.s.

if multilayer is something u guys wanna try - im in for a game!

If they're doing multiplayer though... is Dune Wars stable enough to play multiplayer successfully? Or is that the "something a little different"?
I guess we'll find out!

Multiplayer does have some reported OOS errors (also here) around air combat which I haven't looked into myself. Probably wouldn't be too hard to track down seeing as the circumstances are quite specific. There is nothing particularly in the patch 1.9.6 notes that suggests changes that would affect air units. It would be good to look into this for any subsequent DW patches.

My guess is that they are going to use single player somehow for the Tom Vs Bruce - possibly both starting with the same savegame and seeing who can win in the fewest turns.

keldath said:
hey long time friends ... how u all been doing? cant believe after 3 years our mod is still active.

Hi Keldath. I'm well thanks, but mostly too busy for modding and playing at the moment. Yeah, the mod has come a long way since May 2009 - it's great that people are still discovering and enjoying it - the 1.9.7 patch has had over 400 downloads since June 18th.

I feel famous, because we contributed something those guys played. The writeup was funny, and we may get a bunch of new players from it. Too bad multiplayer didn't work for them.

Why did they not play hotseat then? I havce played many hotseat games of dune wars with my wife.

Top Bottom