2Announced Civ this Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spoiler :

Ahmad al-Mansur:

Another thing to consider - this guy is outside in what appears to be the wilderness (with the tent aand the palm tree and the mountains iin the distance), so I suspect it isn't a Moroccan leader from a more settled cirumstances like some of the rulers of the later kingdoms. I would suspect a leader with more humble, nomadic origins, such as Yusuf ibn Tashfin, though I might be readig too much into the pic.

If this is truly Morocco then the Kasbah and Feitoria are both uniques for new civs on the PAX poster.
Does that mean the Normans actually have a chance with their Motte&Bailley?:shifty:

If this is truly Morocco then the Kasbah and Feitoria are both uniques for new civs on the PAX poster.
Does that mean Mausolus actually has a chance with his Mausoleum?:shifty:

:lol: Seriously guys, what's with all the Motte and Bailley discussion? I don't see why it would have more relevancy than the Mausoleum of Halicarnassus that is also displayed in the same poster!

And finallyyyy, yaaaay! :D Hopefully tomorrow we will have the silhouette of the second one, and they will show us Friday a video about the new leaders! :)

Does that mean the Normans actually have a chance with their Motte&Bailley?:shifty:

A chance? Certainly. I would put that chance as very small, though. It would require four new European civs as opposed to the expected three.

Man we at civfanatics are like freakin' ants on a carcass when it comes to any sort of hint or announcement.

A chance? Certainly. I would put that chance as very small, though. It would require four new European civs as opposed to the expected three.

Not necessarily - Normans could be the third Euro civ and no more Euro civs after that. Though I highly highly doubt that.

ya know in that video Dennis only pointed to Chateau, Fettoria, and Kasbar. He didn't point to the other structures....

Since it will be Morocco what could that UA be for: city-states, capitals, cities with the same religion?

Since it will be Morocco what could that UA be for: city-states, capitals, cities with the same religion?
Well, they said the UA of the next civ they would reveal would contain ‘… for each International Trade Route with …’. So I'd guess it would involve International Trade Routes.

changed in photoshop.

I know who it is! It has to be the Gorton's Fisherman!

So I'm guessing the empire is Gorton's of Gloucester. Their special ability will be added food/commerce from fish and whale tiles. Their unique building is the freeze drier, which replaces the Hotel and instead gives bonus gold for trade routes. The Gorton's UU is the Gorton's Fishing Boat, which replaces the Work Boat, but is cheaper. Gorton's colors will be yellow with blue highlights (opposite of France).

Edit: He also has an epic beard, so he has to be in for reals!

Al-Mansur

I don't think the Abbasid dynasty even owned Morocco.

Not necessarily - Normans could be the third Euro civ and no more Euro civs after that. Though I highly highly doubt that.

That fails to account for Venice, though. I realize anything is theoretically possible but, for convenience sake, I've omitted theories that don't account for the best evidence so far even if it's entirely possible there's a Black Swan.

Well, they said the UA of the next civ they would reveal would contain ‘… for each International Trade Route with …’. So I'd guess it would involve International Trade Routes.

I know but would it be "more resources, gold, religious pressure" for each International Trade Route with "City-States, Capitals, or Cities following the same religion."

Something to consider

What is the name of a Unique Ability found in the next civ you want to reveal?

Seeing as they are going to reveal two civs, this means that it is possible that either of the two will have the Internation Route bonus. Doesn't necessairly mean it's going to be the Morocco one.

a palmtree , a curved luminaire, an hut or a tent.
then a guy with a turban and perhaps a cloak with hood.

Marrocos?

From the lighter image: can anyone recognized the tunic?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom