2Announced Civ this Friday

Status
Not open for further replies.
In many of the historical fiction books I've read, the Normans are portrayed as villains, but we have come up with some pretty cool ways they could be played. So I actually could be pretty torn about it unless it was William the Bastard. Then it sucks. But either way it would start with a tantrum like my toddler throws.:crazyeye:

I don't think they'd use William if they do the Normans. He's a bit too associated with England and would make the Normans less unique.
They'd probably go with Rollo, Robert the Magnificent or Roger II of Sicily.

I know. I'm probably wrong :p it just seems a little more likely than Morocco to me. They were both important historically, but Oman fits the trade system better.

I mean, one of the game's designers straight up said "Morocco" during an interview, which is what spawned the speculation.

Ok. We've convinced ourselves it's Morocco and we've all named different potential leaders. Next up we need to discuss how convinced we are that it is Morocco. After that we have to start doubting ourselves and start coming up with obscure alternatives.

Oman was hardly obscure! :( They fought the Portuguese for decades and founded a powerful trading empire!

Compromise: Marrakesh Express can be the "Win as Morocco on any difficulty" achievemtn and Rock the Casbah can be the "Win a culture victory as Morocco" achievement!

Nah, I'd kinda expect a Humphrey Bogart "Casablanca" one. There are just too many "good" lines for them to use.

Rock the Kasbah is definitely gonna be an achievement given that we now have Great Musicians that can go on concert tours...

Woah... 3 times Casablanca was mentioned on a civilization thread... that's like... 3 times more than I would expect

Nah, I'd kinda expect a Humphrey Bogart "Casablanca" one. There are just too many "good" lines for them to use.

You know you'd regret it. Maybe not today. Maybe not tomorrow. But someday and for the rest of your life.

It most likely is Morocco. Leader though is a mystery.

The second civ to be revealed, I'm pretty sure it's Italy. They already hinted it in the achievement list so I think they will reveal it asap so they can leave the last two civs in complete darkness. Considering the time of Scramble for Africa, Italy's unified civilization and the modern theme of Brave New World, I would say they'll go with Victor Emanuel II, Padre della Patria, as the leader for Italy. What do you think?

"We'll always have Paris" - receive a great work from France.

I bet they will same time release features of the new scenarios, and the two new civs are related to Africa one.

Morocco and Italy are good choices, I hope we get their uniques too.

I posted this in another thread but I'm going to put my money on...

Abd al-Rahman of Morocco

During his long reign he proved himself competent in an Africa that was being colonized by stronger European nations. He was able to remain independent and maintain his borders without ceding any land. He also signed the necessary treaties to enforce his beliefs.

^ Wikipedia

It most likely is Morocco. Leader though is a mystery.

The second civ to be revealed, I'm pretty sure it's Italy. They already hinted it in the achievement list so I think they will reveal it asap so they can leave the last two civs in complete darkness. Considering the time of Scramble for Africa, Italy's unified civilization and the modern theme of Brave New World, I would say they'll go with Victor Emanuel II, Padre della Patria, as the leader for Italy. What do you think?

I would say you're probably right.
Vittorio Emanuele II as leader and the Bersaglieri UU seem logical to me at this point. Seeing as we have no 2 UU civs so far I'd say Italy will have a second UU as well, maybe something from and earlier era, and finally a Great Artists related UA.

Hmn... BTW, this means we still have a Bearded New World!, all the leaders thus far got a beard (Maria's inner beard is implicit)

Hmn... BTW, this means we still have a Bearded New World!, all the leaders thus far got a beard (Maria's inner beard is implicit)

True, but I'm worried that the Native American civ might be lacking in facial hair. I'm not worried about the Europeans or Moroccans though and I guess the Asian civ could bring a moustache into the mix.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom