New civ hint - analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
There is some evidence that the Majapahit Empire controlled Luzon and maybe all of the Philippines at one point.

I can't say the fellow looks all that Philippine to me. It's not inconceivable they'd put in some amalgamated pre-colonial Philippines--albeit it is unlikely--but who would lead it? I suppose Lapu-Lapu is an option--he's a national hero for stomping all over Magellan's hubris. (Seriously, just reading about the Battle of Mactan is enough to make the Benny Hill theme play in your head. Worst . . . invasion plan . . . EVER.) But the leader in our icon doesn't look like Lapu-Lapu.

Strange that not prostitutes. :cry: Sex-tourism is another way to cultural victory. :D

I do not see Ukraine in Civilization for at least 200-300 next years. Do not know what civ expect as the last European in BNW since I don't like the idea of Venice civilization. Hoped for Hungary, but it seems to be out. Maybe Swiss somehow?

I haven't posted here until recently (been lurking for years), so I didn't want to step on anybody's toes. Yeah, sex tourism could work very appropriately for Ukraine (and, unfortunately, a lot of other places).

Though admittedly a dark horse, Ukraine does have its history as the Kievan Rus to help its potential. Hell, being serious, it could have an ability like Breadbasket, where it gives a bonus food from land tiles which already produce three.

I haven't posted here until recently (been lurking for years), so I didn't want to step on anybody's toes.
The same situation with me. :)
Howevere, there are very few people from Ukraine here, so it is difficult to offend someone (at least I would be not the one).
Though admittedly a dark horse, Ukraine does have its history as the Kievan Rus to help its potential. Hell, being serious, it could have an ability like Breadbasket, where it gives a bonus food from land tiles which already produce three.
Yep, there is Kyivan Rus, but it is largely exploited by Russia, and, the most important is that its commercial potential of how-come-it's-not-Russia? civilization is close to zero.

I also noted another hint toward Ukraine as a dark horse candidate: Kyiv is not listed in Russia's city list, a first for the Civ series I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom