New civ hint - analysis

Status
Not open for further replies.
As suggested, it would probably mean a workshop replacement where Venice got a free glass resource or something like that along with a great works bonus

Yes, this is how I see it. As Glass has to be manufactured, I don't think it'll be lying around like other resources.

I wonder what the Moors UA UU and UB will be.

... Also, wow - between Portugal, Indonesia, Venice and likely Morocco, that's FOUR civilizations with an International Trade Routes focus! :lol: Wasn't Portugal supposed to be THE trade civ? :p I'm really curious to know how they will differentiate all of these!

Also, only Brazil (and France) seems to have a culture/tourism focus... That's disappointing - hopefully they can tie the two mechanics together with Venice or something...

Indonesia might be this expansion's "city-state-civ", like Greece, Siam or Austria.

What's the point of making me excited for Friday if they have already clearly hinted both civs. :<
- You get to know the actual names of the civs in the game
- You get to know the leaders
- You get to know their UA
- You get to know their UU/UB
- You get to know their colouration
- You get to see new footage that might give a tiny hint to another civ (CS's for example)

Woo yes! I wanted to see Indonesia in. It'll play awesomely in true-start world map games I bet (easy access to Australia.) Now, what could the UU and other unique be...?

It could just be a stocky female. To me, there's something feminine about the outline. Might be wrong, but I think it's a woman. I don't think it's one of the Trung sisters though; the background isn't quite right and I picture them being slim.

EaglePursuit sent me a Tweet and I went nuts cause I wasn't able to get to a computer till now. I'm the type of person who over-compensates in saving myself for disappointment so I won't celebrate in the streets until they confirm it 100%. Because for the longest time I was convinced Indonesia was out of the running and I was only talking about them to get their squeaky wheel going for Civ 6

In any case, as a half-Indonesian I'm really, really happy that the silhouette is 100% of a Southeast Asian leader of some variety

It could just be a stocky female. To me, there's something feminine about the outline. Might be wrong, but I think it's a woman. I don't think it's one of the Trung sisters though; the background isn't quite right and I picture them being slim.

The arms look quite bulky for a female, I seriously doubt that it is a female.

Like others no doubt, I am so looking forward to seancolorado's reaction to this juicy news.

EDIT: Wow, it just came in. :crazyeye:

- You get to know the actual names of the civs in the game
- You get to know the leaders
- You get to know their UA
- You get to know their UU/UB
- You get to know their colouration
- You get to see new footage that might give a tiny hint to another civ (CS's for example)

Although I hope for it, they may not reveal all this information tomorrow, choosing to show only the civ and the leader.

If you look closely, you'll see there is a nipple in there.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(sorry, that was the reaction people wanted)

100% male. None of the Southeast Asian leaders I am aware of (and I would say I have a pretty good grasp on them) have a build that compares

The guy is definitely a guy, but there are a good number of SE Asian civs that could work. While Indonesia is the most likely, I'd say Vietnam, Khmer, even BBurma are still pssible.

I don't suppose there's any use in pointing out that the evidence for Venice was exactly as circumstantial as the evidence for Italy, and that Indonesia/Majapahit (if that's what this is) does not confirm that Venice is in over, say, some other European civ we haven't even been considering because we've been focusing so much on Italy vs. Venice. I agree that the evidence is strong, but to say that it must be them because there's no one else left is a stretch.

YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(sorry, that was the reaction people wanted)

Sorry about Canada, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom