judea/israel

Status
Not open for further replies.

parabellum9x19

Chieftain
yeah, i know this has been discussed before, but the thread i wanted to respond in was locked.

look at the civs from the region who are included:

babylon, ethiopia, assyria, persia, arabia, egypt, carthage, the ottomans (and arguably songhai).

and now morocco

at this point it is getting a bit ridiculous to omit judea or israel. i know it won't happen, because if they weren't included for Gods & Kings, they won't be included now.

but can anyone say that king david, king solomon, golda meir, or david ben gurion wouldn't make good leaders? can anyone say that the contributions to world history by a judean/israeli civ are any less than other civs who are already in the game?

it seems like the developers are more worried about offending people who have hang-ups or an axe to grind than including a civ which really should be in there.

I can say that Golda Meir and David Ben Gurion would make terrible leaders for similar reasons to a lot of other modern leaders who have been excluded.

I can also say Israel has existed for less than a century and has nothing to do with biblical Israel, which was not a very influential polity beyond the fact that a book has been written about it.

This thread is going to get locked too. Not everyone agrees with you on Israel being "a civ which really should be in there," but I guess that's just your axe to grind.

I can say that Golda Meir and David Ben Gurion would make terrible leaders for similar reasons to a lot of other modern leaders who have been excluded.

I can also say Israel has existed for less than a century and has nothing to do with biblical Israel, which was not a very influential polity beyond the fact that a book has been written about it.

very well.

why not include ancient israel/judea?

Ancient: It was a two-bit Semitic nomad kingdom of little to no historical import beyond the spread of Abrahamic religions.

Modern: Not even 70 years old, controversial, really not that important overall compared to the actual civilizations. Can basically be considered a European outpost in an Arabian sea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom