RawSasquatch/Kramer's New Civilizations

Well, if you tried hard and believed in yourself, you could probably do one for each state, plus geo-regions like New England, the Thirteen Colonies, Cascadia, &c. That said, a lot of the original states weren't ever completely independent, even though the early US reminds me a lot of the Holy Roman Empire. Just with less squabbling German nobles. =]

That said, a lot of the original states weren't ever completely independent,

But isn't that the point of Raw's thread: Civs that didn't quite exist, but could have?

Indeed, it's just that it seems people got a little bit err, irked, that so many American split (TM) civs had come and be suggested lately, over other possible civs, like, dunno, Yucatan or other split states from South America, as South America also had their fair share of countries that could have been but weren`t (From the top of my mind I can think of Kuna Yala, Angola Janga, Riograndense Republic and Kingdom of Araucania and Patagonia.)

I believe it's just a passing fad, once Yucatan releases most people will realize that, yes, this thread is more than just America Split civs.

He's also doing a Kurdistan as well :)

Well, if you tried hard and believed in yourself, you could probably do one for each state, plus geo-regions like New England, the Thirteen Colonies, Cascadia, &c. =]

A Civilization for each state would be awesome, but I'm not sure if anyone has the time to make that many (Fifty Civs for Fifty States would be a cool civ pack name...). Isn't Washington, particularly JFD's version, a 13 colony civ? Or did you mean pre-independence?

I did indeed, though I haven't got Jifford's Washington mod so I can't say - and I'm not likely to get it any time soon on account of my laptop being old as balls and slower than an arthritic snail carrying very heavy shopping. =]

A Civilization for each state would be awesome, but I'm not sure if anyone has the time to make that many (Fifty Civs for Fifty States would be a cool civ pack name...). Isn't Washington, particularly JFD's version, a 13 colony civ? Or did you mean pre-independence?

JFD's (and Janboruta's!) Washington isn't a 13 colony civ(it has the ranch as UB).
Speaking of civs(as always :rolleyes:), what happened to Yucatan and the CSA?

Waiting on modelling and LUA.

Davis DOM:

Spoiler :
Greetings, Jefferson Davis! Under your esteemed leadership, the Confederate States of America sought to preserve their way of life under force of arms. In the face of overwhelming manpower and technology, your soldiers fought valiantly against their Northern aggressors. Your efforts following that terrible conflict helped reforge the bonds of brotherhood, allowing the descendents of your people to achieve the prosperity they enjoy today, with Southern pride and spirit unbroken to this day.

Mr. President, your people call for your services once again. Will you assume the mantle of leadership and preserve the ideals of the Confederate States? Will you help the South rise and lead the Confederacy to victory over its many rivals? Will you build a civilization that will stand the test of time?

Seattle DOM:

Spoiler :
O Great One, your people welcome you, Chief Seattle. Your reputation as a leader and a warrior was forged in the many conflicts with the rival tribes of Cascadia. The wisdom of your leadership led you to preserve the lands and power of your tribe through mutual agreements with the settlers that moved into your area. Your exhortations to protect the beauty of nature for future generations became championed by the conservation movement.

Great Chief Seattle, Cascadia requires your wisdom once again. Will you protect the lands of your ancestors from the outsiders who seek to take it by force? Will you establish an empire whose natural beauty is unparalleled? Will you build a civilization that will stand the test of time?

Both are modeled after the length of Washington's DOM from the main game, so if they appear a little short, that's why. Pedias for Seattle and Cascadia are still in progress :)

I also figured I'd share some ideas for Confederate spy names (if you need them):

Spoiler :
Jake
Clarence
Roger
Jefferson
Grady
Tom
Wade
Bedford

One bug/exploit that I found playing as Calfornia: I was getting science from fish before I had any gold from the tile by improving them/discovering compass. Also, the Cultural overview screen was blank and More Victory Conditions stopped working, but I had so many mods running I doubt that was California's fault :p.

Davis DOM:

Spoiler :

I also figured I'd share some ideas for Confederate spy names (if you need them):

Spoiler :
Jake
Clarence
Roger
Jefferson
Grady
Tom
Wade
Bedford
Spoiler :

They may be taken by Washington's spies, but
Mary Chestnutt and Belle Boyd are two famous Confederate spies.

The spy lists could always be changed, too, but I do know there's a Mary in Washington's list. She was the first one I got. I forget the second spy's name.

I just kinda rattled off a bunch of Turtledove fictional Confederates, lol It'd be nice to see them, but any actual Confederate spies deserve to go in.

Hm. This is all very interesting, but it is getting to be an all-American thread, which sort of wasn't the point. Also, I feel uncomfortable about discussing a Civ that glorifies the most repugnant politics I know. Instead, let's talk about weird bits of Africa!

---

Western Sahara (El-Ouali Mustapha Sayed)
Start Bias: Desert
UA: Ya Baniy As-Sahara
Bonuses received from killing enemy Units and Barbarians are doubled. Generate +2 :c5culture: Culture and :c5faith: Faith in the :c5capital: Capital every time a Great General is spawned.
UU: Polisario (replaces Marine)
Has no bonuses related to water and starts with a lower :c5strength: Combat Strength than the Marine it replaces (55 vs. 65). However, it receives double Defensive bonuses from Terrain, generates :c5culture: Culture per kill, and gains a +10% :c5strength: Combat Bonus while attacking for each Major Civilization with which you have a Declaration of Friendship and Open Borders. Upgrades to Paratrooper, but does not obsolete.
UI: Sangar (All New)
Available at Agriculture. +25% Defensive Bonus for Units stationed on top of it. Ranged Units generate +1 :c5culture: Culture per kill for each Sangar in the Empire.

---

So, here's another Civ that benefits from going Honour first, hopefully in a way that isn't broken. What d'you think? =]

I, personally, love it. Though, of course, I'm probably biased. I represented Morocco in my final Model UN conference in college. :)

While we're at suggesting oddball civilizations, let me present the:

Kingdom of Araucania and Patagonia

Leader:Orelie Antoine de Tounens

UA: Futha rume Mapuche Trapemn :
Peace Treaties last twice as long and you earn :c5goldenage: Golden Age Points twice as fast during their duration.

UB: Parliament: Replaces Courthouse.
Aside from normal Courthouse Features, the Parliament increases the Production of Great People on the city by 25% during the duration of Peace Treaties.

UU: Huampelen: No bonus against cavalry units, unlike the Lancer it replaces and cannot move after attacking.
Instead it Ignores enemy flanking bonus and increases friendly flanking bonus. Increases friendly unit attacks against fortified units and provides -25% enemy spy stealing rate when stationed in a city.

Bonus:

Peace Music and War Music

While we're at suggesting oddball civilizations, let me present the:

Kingdom of Araucania and Patagonia

Leader:Orelie Antoine de Tounens

UA: Futha rume Mapuche Trapemn :
Peace Treaties last twice as long and you earn :c5goldenage: Golden Age Points twice as fast during their duration.

UB: Parliament: Replaces Courthouse.
Aside from normal Courthouse Features, the Parliament increases the Production of Great People on the city by 25% during the duration of Peace Treaties.

UU: Huampelen: No bonus against cavalry units, unlike the Lancer it replaces and cannot move after attacking.
Instead it Ignores enemy flanking bonus and increases friendly flanking bonus. Increases friendly unit attacks against fortified units and provides -25% enemy spy stealing rate when stationed in a city.

Bonus:

Peace Music and War Music

Somebody please do this!

It looks like a solid design.
To represent the kingdom's history with the Mapuche, would it be an idea to get units from military city-states at an increased rate?
Just a thought..

I thought about that, something about the French Legions that supposedly were on their way (yeah, sure...) but didn't have a good idea about how to express it. The Extended Peace treaties were meant to play into that too, as well as the long history of Peace Treaties that Spain signed with the Mapuche Nation.

Top Bottom