[REQ]Riot Police (04/24/06)

Great unit, White Rabbit - I plan to use it to help remove prostitutes, druglords, and mafiosa (per RogerBacon's BadPeople mod).

I don't have graphics experience/abilities - how can I get a button graphic for this unit?

Thanks!
Spocko
:cool:

Btw, you don't have to copy the animation files at all, you can simply point the KFM tag to the original animations, something like <KFM>Art/Units/Scenario/Knights_templar/knightstemplar.kfm</KFM>,

hmm, it doest' and i have no idea what the unit is this knight? i mean i've added ur police unit but it has no animation. what do i wrong?

MaxRiga said:
hmm, it doest' and i have no idea what the unit is this knight? i mean i've added ur police unit but it has no animation. what do i wrong?
Well have you looked for the knights templar unit in the Scenarios folder? It's there, and you just need to point to its kfm file in the KFM tag. If you copied what I typed there then it coule be that I just made a typo, double check that.

MaxRiga said:
i have mobile artilery and mobile sam there only :(((

olz, send me kfm file on max_riga@navigator.lv , i really want to get ur unit into my next scenario ;)
When you unpacked the art files have you unpacked all of them? There should be four, make sure you unpacked all of them.

Rabbit said:
When you unpacked the art files have you unpacked all of them? There should be four, make sure you unpacked all of them.

what does it mean "unpacked" ???there are only 2 files, that's it.
p.s. or it's even better if u attach kfm file at ur first page , so people can download it :)))

You need to unpack the 'assets0.fpk' file (and the other fpk files)... they're like zip files that hold the rest of the units. Just search this site or Apolyton or http://niftools.sourceforge.net for 'PakBuild' which will let you do this.

This is the program you need MaxRiga to unpack the art assets. You should do that, because if you gonna mod you should have these unpacked.

So, ok, several things...

I think that even if you didn't unpack the art assets you should still have access to them through xml files (otherwise the game wouldn't work), which leads me to my next question.

Did you update your game to 1.52? If I'm not mistaken that was the patch with which the knights templar unit came.

Finally, the reason I don't post kfm files is because there is no need for that, it's a waste of my alloted 20MB. In your case, a single KFM wouldn't help anyway because if you don't knights templar folder you'd need the animation files as well.

Having said that I will send you the necessary files if you can't make this work. For now though, get that pakbuild program, unpack all the art asset files and see if you can get it to work.

Spocko said:
I don't have graphics experience/abilities - how can I get a button graphic for this unit?

As it turns out, I do indeed have graphics skills! I've attached a button for this unit.

Spocko

Attachments

• statepolice.zip
    3.1 KB · Views: 103
Spocko said:
As it turns out, I do indeed have graphics skills! I've attached a button for this unit.

Spocko
Very nice Spocko :thumsbup:

This is the program you need MaxRiga to unpack the art assets. You should do that, because if you gonna mod you should have these unpacked.

this programm didn't allow me to unpack this assets.

In your case, a single KFM wouldn't help anyway because if you don't knights templar folder you'd need the animation files as well.

yes, they simply moving and it doesn't look good ( sorry ) without animation :((

added to my mod for this unit ;) hope to get it good working soon

Did you update your game to 1.52? If I'm not mistaken that was the patch with which the knights templar unit came.

Having said that I will send you the necessary files if you can't make this work. For now though, get that pakbuild program, unpack all the art asset files and see if you can get it to work.

yes, i've already uppathed it up to 1.61 and No, can't make it work, dang :(((
please, send me the KFM file on max_riga@navigator.lv

added

ok, this is first unit i always starting pissing off of, lol
i downloadedthe mod with this templareknight and got kfm from there
so, now i have this -
<UnitArtInfo>
<Type>ART_DEF_UNIT_POLICE</Type>
<fScale>0.44</fScale>
<fInterfaceScale>0.1</fInterfaceScale>
<NIF>Art/Units/police/riotpolice.nif</NIF>
<KFM>Art/Units/police/knightstemplar.kfm</KFM>
<SHADERNIF>Art/Units/police/riotpolice_fx.nif</SHADERNIF>
<ShadowDef>
<ShadowNIF>Art/Units/01_UnitShadows/FighterShadow.nif</ShadowNIF>
<ShadowAttachNode>BIP Pelvis</ShadowAttachNode>
<fShadowScale>0.75</fShadowScale>
</ShadowDef>
<iDamageStates>4</iDamageStates>
<fBattleDistance>0.35</fBattleDistance>
<fRangedDeathTime>0.05</fRangedDeathTime>
<bSmoothMove>1</bSmoothMove>
<bActAsRanged>0</bActAsRanged>
<TrainSound>AS2D_UNIT_BUILD_UNIQUE_UNIT</TrainSound>
<AudioRunSounds>
<AudioRunTypeLoop/>
<AudioRunTypeEnd/>
</AudioRunSounds>
</UnitArtInfo>

why now animation doesn't work?

max riga you can avoid having to add the animation files into your mod and use the ones that come with civ4. to add them would waste space and be redundant.

edit: *see post below for correct code*

if you noticed that it is misspelled, your right, firaxis cant freaking spell "knight". thats why i couldnt originally get any units with the nights templar ani to work!! :D

let me correct a minor mistake:
Code:
<UnitArtInfo>
<Type>ART_DEF_UNIT_POLICE</Type>
<fScale>0.44</fScale>
<fInterfaceScale>0.1</fInterfaceScale>
<NIF>Art/Units/police/riotpolice.nif</NIF>
<KFM>[B][B]Art/Units/scenario/knigts_templar/knightstemplar.kfm[/B][/B]</KFM>
<SHADERNIF>Art/Units/police/riotpolice_fx.nif</SHADERNIF>
<ShadowDef>
<ShadowNIF>Art/Units/01_UnitShadows/FighterShadow.nif</ShadowNIF>
<ShadowAttachNode>BIP Pelvis</ShadowAttachNode>
<fShadowScale>0.75</fShadowScale>
</ShadowDef>
<iDamageStates>4</iDamageStates>
<fBattleDistance>0.35</fBattleDistance>
<fRangedDeathTime>0.05</fRangedDeathTime>
<bSmoothMove>1</bSmoothMove>
<bActAsRanged>0</bActAsRanged>
<TrainSound>AS2D_UNIT_BUILD_UNIQUE_UNIT</TrainSound>
<AudioRunSounds>
<AudioRunTypeLoop/>
<AudioRunTypeEnd/>
</AudioRunSounds>
</UnitArtInfo>

max riga,

if you are having to download these animation files, you apperantly dont know how to get into your art.fpk files.

unpack art0.fpk, art1.fpk, ect. You will find them. I unpacked them simultaneously with this program. the files are included with civ4 and you have them installed, but they dont show up in the file structure of the art directory, coz they are packed.

I think part of the problem is he doesn't know how to uae PakBuild. I'd create a few screenies, but I don't have time atm.

it took me awhile to figure it out, but it's not too comlplicated and it's all in the menu's. The thing im trying to say is he doesn't need pakbuild, he can just use the code i provided and it should work!!

Top Bottom