Colonialist Legacies: Histories of the New World | Colonial + Pre-Colonial civs

When building Canada, I tried my best to place cities in historical order of foundation. For this reason, the capital is Kingston, not Ottawa, for example. I felt this gave a more historical feel.

I'd probably try to do the same thing with Mexico.

Thank Viregel, that's a really nice list. It's going to be super interesting seeing Los Angeles whilst playing.

Also, the OP looks considerably sexier.

Now I need some feedback - what icon and colour scheme do you think looks the best?

The fourth one.

The first one is likely to be used in a whole lot of other mods, and the other two are a) hard to see and b) close to Assyria's.

The OP does indeed look sexy, not counting the Digger Infantry icon in Canada's section.

Whoops, fixed now.

Also added some screenshots I had lying around to the OP. I'll take some better ones when I can.

About the color scheme...To be honest I like the first one the most, even though it might look too similar to Ethiopia. The white-gold ones are sort of bleh and the white eagle looks weird.

I've tested it and it looks nothing close to ethiopia, albeit somewhat jarring.

I'll play around with the contrast, but I'm interested to know what others think. Leugi also prefers the first.

Thank Viregel, that's a really nice list. It's going to be super interesting seeing Los Angeles whilst playing.

Just remembered - Los Angeles and such are almost definitely on the American city list. I'll check where there's overlap, so you know what to delete. I can't imagine adding a few more cities to the American city list would be hard. :p

Anyway, I've started the Civlopedia entries for Australia! Hopefully it will be completed soon.

There is overlap anyway. Honolulu is on the American city list. No need to change :)

If Mexico builds Los Angeles before America does then America will skip this city name and give a new city the next name in the list. There's no reason for a game to crash.

No crashes at all, it just skips names. Happens to Honolulu, Memphis, Tangier, Casablanca, Marrakesh, Byblos, Niveneh and Athens.

Internally, the text name reference TXT_KEY_ETC doesn't have to be the same at all. Yes, I believe you may crash or skip if you both try to place a city named TXT_KEY_CITY_LOSANGELES, but you should have no trouble if you are both trying to place TXT_KEY_CITY_COLONIALMEXICO_4 and TXT_KEY_CITY_AMERICA_CITY_2 or something like that, both of which happen to say "Los Angeles" when referenced.

We're also kicking around ideas for a First Nations of Canada mod. Watch this space. :)

How about changing both city lists so that they are referencing the same places, only using different names? (like what Firaxis did with Byzantium and the Ottomans)

Check out or peace and war themes for The Republic of Mexico!

War

Spoiler :

Link to video.

Start at 5:25

Peace

Spoiler :

Tell us what you think! If you can find better ones - please let us know.

Also, here are some ideas that we are playing around with. See if you can guess what they are!

Well, the second one is obviously Australian, so judging by the colour scheme I'm going to say Aborigines. As for the other two, they look like Oceanian indigenous civs of some sort...

Not at all. If they were any smaller it'd be harder to see. They look cool anyway.

Top Bottom