[Reference] Colour Schemes of Released Modded Civs

Alright, redid both my Rhodesia and Texas with the new template (assuming CL covers the Boers), and also included my rapidly-upcoming Yucatan that could be out within the next few days, assuming I get off my butt and work on it for once. Here we go.

Updated!

Isn't it a little odd that the name of the civ at the bottom is actually in the civ's reverse colors with the new format?

Quite like the Yucatan color scheme. Very pleasant!

Just poking this up to make sure it's up to snuff before I go and do the other 30-odd ones of these:

That said, I rather like it. It looks right, which is the main thing, though I think the ones in the OP have bolded text or something. Could just be the blue-on-gold, though. =]

You're missing a slash in the image box there, old spot. It should be /img in the square brackets at the end.

That said, I rather like it. It looks right, which is the main thing, though I think the ones in the OP have bolded text or something. Could just be the blue-on-gold, though. =]

TPangolin requested we leave out the slash in the end bracket for formatting purposes.

Color theory is all arbitrary anyway. There are cultures where red and brown are the same color, so it's kind of up in the air.

Color theory is all arbitrary anyway. There are cultures where red and brown are the same color, so it's kind of up in the air.

The Brown section is a mix of browns, reds, greens, and grays.

Actually, a lot of the icons just seem misclassified to me (but maybe I'm just color blind). The Pink/Cream section is filled with greys, etc. You also have to consider how both colors of a civ interact. Someone looking to compare an icon to Assyria's is going to look in the yellow section first, not the cream one.

As a general reference, I'd have a hard time finding some icons. Maybe the number of categories should be edited down.

Some are placed oddly, yes, though the formatting is likely to be awkward, due to the 30 images per post thing.

...Maybe this should be hosted externally? This is only going to grow and grow, after all, plus an external website allows coding each little picture to qualify for multiple colors and to have more categories in general - for example, the Aztecs are under Orange but they look more red to me, and are probably more like brown (brown's a weird area anyway since it pretty much means a certain threshold of red to olive in dark or muted shades), and their icon color is arguably more cyan, which is surprisingly common amongst civs despite being somewhat specific.

It's a lot harder than you'd expect,trying to determine where things fit, as peoples interpretations will always differ. If you could come up with a superior classification system that would fit inside the 30 per limit post and would be universally accepted, be my guest, but please don't think I haven't at least tried.

Perhaps some of the larger categories (blue+white, etc) could be linked to an external imgur album rather than being on the posts? Say any category with more than 4 civs:

Eg:
Red w/yellow
Blue w/white/pink/cream/grey
White/Pink/Creme w/blue

That's just so far. I might make swatches for some other maker's civs too.

Edit: Also, India and the Alans should be in Green /w orange icons. Makes no difference to the image count :).

http://i.imgur.com/OrmYOLr.png

Not sure where to categorize this as the icon and the BG colour don't exactly align. We're also rapidly running out of posts to put things in, so unless we can overturn the 30 Images per post rule - we need to look for alternatives.

We need as many posts as we can get. But that's not the overarching problem.

Use common sense. It's pretty much dark gray.

Well, the icon is sure- but the BG provided is Brownish.

I'm pretty sure it's a valid question.

This sort of tension also just reinforces the fact that we need an easier/more intuitive system. I've started to put some stuff together - I'm compiling an imgur album. This way we can have the same images in multiple albums without worrying about image limits.

http://civcolors.imgur.com/

Top Bottom