Star of the Shogun: Realpolitik

It seems that other than that you cannot criticize anything and you accept that we are right and you wrong!

ooc: YOU CANT USE SPELLING IC!!!!!! DO YOU UNDERSTAND? IT IS ANNOYING AND TROLLING!!!!!! FOR GOD SHAKES. I WILL REPORT YOU FOR TROLLING!!!

:confused: Is there some sort of In Character law book i'm not getting? Unless you are writing a narrative scene then In Character stuff doesn't come into it, asking for spelling and grammatical corrections is merely asking someone to clear up their language to make it more readable and understandable.

The English language is a monster after all and a single spelling mistake can sometimes cause major differences when none native speakers try to comprehend it.

Either way, Welcome to the FPJ (Federal Party of Japan), as this is NOT an election time and thus no one CAN vote for you, what are your plans? Join forces with the Administration or Opposition or try to strike yourself in a Independent middle man position?

-

In either case congratulations to the Administration for a nice peaceful and expansive first half term. I wish you luck in Ironing out any edits to your plan.

There appears to be no political events due to happen in a half-term, correct me If I am wrong please... Of course the half-term could be a useful time to plan future events for if Johosua and others continue to wish to push Law development of the nation. We certainly have another city and thus incentive to add more Laws or Bureaucracy,

I petition that we should choose names for our own cities as we go. It will make them more memorable. Ideas for names can be Presidents-who-founded-it, so this one could be Jehosuaville or something similar. Other ideas are naming them based on the Coalition in power, or ideals desired by one of the parties in power?

Names of Giant Robots spring to mind but nothing similar regarding some concept of isolation I'm afraid.

Foreign policy:

Our Foreign policy is:

1) Have good relations and trade with all nations.

2) Dont join wars and refuse defense pacts. We dont want any war, except if other invade us.

-Arabia and the Iroqouis both offered Declarations of Friendship which we turned down.

We agree that we shouldnt accept in order to remain netural and not join any wars.

-The Iroqoius asked for Open Borders, and we turned them down.

My party strongly disagrees with this!!! We need open borders in order to have better relations with the other nations and secure that japan has a strong position in the international politics.

-Our warrior scout was destroyed by barbarians

That is what happens when a gonverment doesnt create an organised and strong army. We should have used our warriors for defense.

-We switched out Honor for Liberty and acquired Collective Rule

My party agree with this.

-We have one Settler awaiting orders on the coast

We should settle him.

-We rescued an Iroqouis worker from barbs and took it for ourselves

That is realy idiotic!! Those are Iroqouis citizens and should have been given back to the Iroqouis. You did a grave mistake that could have led Japan to a war that would destroy Japan and have the Iroqouis to occupy our lands. Right now our army cant win some barbs and you think it can win the Iroqouis???? You either are crazy or fool. Only someone that wants Japan to be taken over by the Iroqouis would have done something so stupid!! You are traitors to japan.

-Barbarians ransacked the quarries near Kyoto before being destroyed

You are doing a realy great work. You destroyed the barbs after they did all this damage!! Are you serious?? You sent the warriors to scout, let japan with no defense and have the barbs do as much damage as they can before you destroy them?????

You are just crazy!!

Either way, Welcome to the FPJ (Federal Party of Japan), as this is NOT an election time and thus no one CAN vote for you, what are your plans? Join forces with the Administration or Opposition or try to strike yourself in a Independent middle man position?

My party will join neither of these 2 corrupt coalitions. My plans is to help the current gonverment to correct their mistakes. I hope that they will see and take into account what i posted.

I thought some weeks ago to rename Copenhagen after something Japanese that has to do with Lighthearter (Enlightened Heart in Japanese or stuff like this) to make it fully Japanese. So I support Ravus' proposal.

I thank Ravus for his words of congratulations, especially considering that forging a peaceful first half of the term was... taxing.

Anyways as to his proposal, it sounds fair enough to me, however I would much rather prefer it that such namings adhere to proper japanese protocol, I will have no "villes" in a weak imitation of the fabled american custom. Names may be freely given, so long as they are japanese. Either ways I will have time to think on this whilst the coalition considers its next moves, although the name "Sakoku" for our next city does strike my fancy.

I agree with Ravus Proposal that cities should be named in respect with their founders wishes. However, renaming cities that are merely associated with our nation rather than under our complete control (OOC: Puppets) is, in my opinion, unreasonable. It was named by it's inhabitants after we did not take them in ourselves, we should have no excuse to re-name it.

As to the new party; I appreciate your attempt to improve our nation, but have a number of problems with your reasoning. Any attempts to bring in this new form of governmental organization will leave us a massively bureaucratic system, in which any attempts at the quick and decisive action neccesary to run a country properly will be swallowed up in officials, and could come out too late to be of any use.

Most of your other policies are largely common sense, things that it is taken for granted the government will do. As to why we should vote for you, I would say that you don't have a plan. You have, like the rest of us, a set of ideals around which to form a plan, but not an actual plan of action, of what our engineers and builders should be doing, and where our money should be spent. Your so-called 'plan' is an outline at best, and at worst is not taking into account the position, circumstances or wishes of our people. It is far from a 'real plan' and definately not a reason to vote you into government at any point.

As to being more realistic, I see nothing to make your party more 'realistic' than any of the others. Indeed, I cannot even tell what you mean by that, as it seems to be indicatig the other parties are less real than yours, which is clearly not the case.

DT

I must agree with DT here. (On the naming)
ooc: christos, seriously be careful.

As to the new party; I appreciate your attempt to improve our nation, but have a number of problems with your reasoning. Any attempts to bring in this new form of governmental organization will leave us a massively bureaucratic system, in which any attempts at the quick and decisive action neccesary to run a country properly will be swallowed up in officials, and could come out too late to be of any use.

1) So do you want an authoritarian gonverment that can take realy imprtand decicions for the nation without the wish of the people? Why not have a dictatorship then,terminate election and make sure that the decicions are made realy fast?

2) With a congress no president can take decicions without the will of the nation. That means that if the people dissagree with the president the president is vetoed and we have a realy democracy. Our current system is more like elective monarhy than actual democracy.

Most of your other policies are largely common sense, things that it is taken for granted the government will do.

I dont think so, after i saw how crazy the gonverment is. ( see my last post)

As to why we should vote for you, I would say that you don't have a plan. You have, like the rest of us, a set of ideals around which to form a plan, but not an actual plan of action, of what our engineers and builders should be doing, and where our money should be spent.

I have and will be posted tommorow.

Your so-called 'plan' is an outline at best, and at worst is not taking into account the position, circumstances or wishes of our people.

First see it.

It is far from a 'real plan' and definately not a reason to vote you into government at any point.

Wait until tommorow.

As to being more realistic, I see nothing to make your party more 'realistic' than any of the others. Indeed, I cannot even tell what you mean by that, as it seems to be indicatig the other parties are less real than yours, which is clearly not the case.

It is realistic because:

1) The one side is isolationist, that is crazy because it will destroy our diplomacy and we wont have any allies if someone invade us, and the others want only war, that is also crazy because it will destroy our economy.

2) We have an economic system of mixed economy that will make japan a powerhouse. Realy Japan will become very rich.

You ignore that the isolationists agree to trade with foreigners, but only for export. The only thing we will ever accept of foreigners is their gold, for it doesn't know of cultures or languages and thus won't poison our people.

1) So do you want an authoritarian gonverment that can take realy imprtand decicions for the nation without the wish of the people? Why not have a dictatorship then,terminate election and make sure that the decicions are made realy fast?

If the people didn't want them to do something, then the people can say so. Remember, the government agreed not to recruit a second archer division when the opposition told them they thought it was a bad idea.

Because a dictatorship is undemocratic. You have to get a balance between effictiveness and Idealism, We don't have a dictator because it would be undemocratic, and we dont have a bureaucracy because it would be inefficiant.

2) With a congress no president can take decicions without the will of the nation. That means that if the people dissagree with the president the president is vetoed and we have a realy democracy. Our current system is more like elective monarhy than actual democracy.

Democracy is when the people elect their leaders. Our leader is elected. Therefore, we have an actual democracy. Also its nice to note that congress doesn't mean the will of the people any more than the government does. The government was voted to its position. The congress would be as well. They are just as capable of going against the will of the people as the rest of the government.

I dont think so, after i saw how crazy the gonverment is. ( see my last post)

I know the government isn't perfect, but i've yet to come across one that has decided to stop researching things. :rolleyes:

I have and will be posted tommorow.
First see it.
Wait until tommorow.

If you have a plan, why haven't you posted it already?

It is realistic because:

1) The one side is isolationist, that is crazy because it will destroy our diplomacy and we wont have any allies if someone invade us, and the others want only war, that is also crazy because it will destroy our economy.

2) We have an economic system of mixed economy that will make japan a powerhouse. Realy Japan will become very rich.

Your side is realistic, sure, I can accept that. But tell me, how are the other parties not also realistic? Because you disagree with their views? Is that it?

And how will this system make us rich? What is the difference with our current system?

It was nice to know about all those opinions of yours, but how about giving us some actual facts?

DT
Waiting for Real Information :scan:

Ah Christos, I remind you that I currently posess the power if I so will it thanks to a total lack of implemented laws to have you flayed alive with your head taking top spot on a spot atop Kyoto's northern gate. I would suggest you take Dem Taqats advice and tread carefully. I may be a merciful man who does indeed listen to contray opinions, but as soon as honest answering makes way for treason, well even I have my limits.

ooc: And I believe precedent prooves my warning is not made idly.

I haven't been paying attention for the last few pages. Has christos made his own party?

Yes. Yes he did.

Holy ! Run for the hills!

It is realistic because:

1a: Sure. I'd support a government where the Shogun's word was absolute. The best part is, the Shogun would actually have to take the wishes of the people into account or not stay in power long. I'd go for that if decision-making was up to me, and we had a savvy Shogun.

2a: The job of the Shogun is to make these sorts of decisions. If the Shogun has to worry about the opposition vetoing everything he does out of spite, the system breaks down. See IRL USA. The solution here is to make the Shogun's word final.

1b: Denouncing the coalitions as "crazy" does not make your party "realistic". Nor is "realistic" a word I would associate with political elections. "Realist" might be the word you're looking for, but I would disagree if you described your party as such. I also feel your terminology is too simplistic as far as the parties go. After all, the isolationist coalition also includes the moron convention, and the "warmongering" coalition also includes NNK.

2b: Any decent Shogun can build such an economy, regardless of national specialty.

On the Federalist party: Speaking without strict approval per se, I am not interested in any party which seeks to emulate democracy. Power must be concentrated or it cannot be wielded. Nations which cannot wield power will be crushed by nations which can.

-Daimyo Nukeknockout

Sorry if you already answered this, I just skimmed over the first post, but am I still able to join?

I read the first post and it didn't display how to join, I might just be missing it.

I'd like to join the Imperialist Party too :D

Ah Christos, I remind you that I currently posess the power if I so will it thanks to a total lack of implemented laws to have you flayed alive with your head taking top spot on a spot atop Kyoto's northern gate. I would suggest you take Dem Taqats advice and tread carefully. I may be a merciful man who does indeed listen to contray opinions, but as soon as honest answering makes way for treason, well even I have my limits.

One of the things that the congress do is to not let the president to act as a dictator and using his power against the will of the people and threaten to execute the opposition leaders. That is why we need real democracy!!

Democracy is when the people elect their leaders. Our leader is elected. Therefore, we have an actual democracy. Also its nice to note that congress doesn't mean the will of the people any more than the government does. The government was voted to its position. The congress would be as well. They are just as capable of going against the will of the people as the rest of the government.

So elective monarhy is a democracy, right? Democracy is a form of gonverment that the people rule. Democracy, except having its leader elected, it needs a parliament to prevent one person to become dictator. Right now we have a king and not a president. Also right now we have an elective monarhy and not a democracy.

Top Bottom