Diplomacy Bug (Spinning Globe)

Plint

Chieftain
Hello – I just downloaded a patch tonight and now I’m on version 1.0.3.144. With this new patch, when the AI initiates a trade of any kind, my mouse stays as the spinning globe. I am not able to change any of the numbers like gold per turn, or amount of iron to trade. I am able to hit accept or cancel. I’ve tried to start a new game and I’m still having the same issue. When I initiate the trade, everything is fine. Is there anything I can do to fix this?
I've rebooted my PC and Steam but that's all the troubleshooting I know. :confused:
Thanks,
Plint

Thanks Browd. I must have missed the thread. Can you point me in the right direction of the original thread?

Thanks Browd. I must have missed the thread. Can you point me in the right direction of the original thread?

It has been reported in various GD threads as a result of the hotfix patch (I'm seeing it as well). I think yours was the first thread in Bug Reports.

I thought it was just me. I am having the exact same issue.

I called 2K support this morning to let them know of this issue. The agent said he wasn't aware of the issue and opened a ticket request. I'll keep everyone up to date on the outcome.

Same thing happens to me, but for those that are unaware, you can still use the "spinning globe" as a regular mouse pointer. It's tricky, because the "hotspot" isn't obvious -- it's near the north-west corner of the globe. But if you click around a bit you can certainly select trade items, modify values etc.

Same thing happens to me, but for those that are unaware, you can still use the "spinning globe" as a regular mouse pointer. It's tricky, because the "hotspot" isn't obvious -- it's near the north-west corner of the globe. But if you click around a bit you can certainly select trade items, modify values etc.

Exactly. I tried that the very first time to the point that I just flagged the issue in my mind as a "cursor semi-bug"... was surprised to see the reports and became suspicious of my own impression.

My impression: has always been like this but now the cursor clearly shows "paused loop" so to speak... the main loop that processes the AI civs turns is on halt while waiting user input.

I became bored with this bug, and fixed it for Enhanced User Interface DLC v1.14.

For those who refuse the light of Enhanced User Interface :(:sad::cry:, I have made a mod which includes only the fix.

It's only a mod, though, and by default will not be available in multiplayer like Enhanced User Interface DLC is.

Download "Diplomacy Spinning Globe Fix" from CivFanatics Database

Am i the only one getting this? During the AI's turn, if they initiate diplomacy with me, my cursor will be a spinning globe and not the real mouse pointer, it makes it really hard to click stuff accurately.

Top Bottom