The All Leaders Challenge Game Bullpen

Its possible that on big n' small maps its easier on the small continent (early rush and continent to yourself) than the big continent (you get boxed in earlier and AIs have bigger armies). Maybe play big continent a couple of times on monarch before thinking about going up to emperor.

Its possible that on big n' small maps its easier on the small continent (early rush and continent to yourself) than the big continent (you get boxed in earlier and AIs have bigger armies). Maybe play big continent a couple of times on monarch before thinking about going up to emperor.
I think that was the big advantage in the 2nd Peter game, which Validator describes as well. I may try the Hemispheres map for the Isabella game.
Can you play Pericles next? :)
I kind of have my heart set on Isabella next. Actually, I kind of like the order set out in the second post in the thread. So Pericles will come up, but not for a little while yet.

Just wanted to ask, assuming you finish all 52 ALC games before Civ 5, will you replay Both Chinese Leaders and Victoria?

Because there'd be 3 Trait combinations you haven't tried yet. Prot/Ind, Prot/Exp and Fin/Imp.

I think sisiutil should replay Mehmed II and any other leaders he loses with before going to combinations not yet seen. But after playing 52 games, the least we could grant him is a break until Civ V comes out.

Just wanted to ask, assuming you finish all 52 ALC games before Civ 5, will you replay Both Chinese Leaders and Victoria?

Because there'd be 3 Trait combinations you haven't tried yet. Prot/Ind, Prot/Exp and Fin/Imp.
NOW you tell me... well, let's see if I actually manage to make it through all those games!
I think sisiutil should replay Mehmed II and any other leaders he loses with before going to combinations not yet seen. But after playing 52 games, the least we could grant him is a break until Civ V comes out.

Yeah, I'd like to give Mehmed another try like I did with Peter, but then again, it's fun to just keep rolling through all these new leaders and civs. Maybe I'll fit Mehmed in again before I start on the "repeats": civs I've already played, just with leaders I haven't. Again, we'll see if I last that long!

For the next game, why not select the AI opponents to include mostly new BtS leaders? There are positive and negative aspects with this idea of course.

Positive: We get to see a lot of the new leaders in action, unlike the Peter game, and see how best to deal with them.

Negative: A nice element of surprise is lost, and you could even shape your strategy from the outset with knowledge you wouldn't normally have.

So, to counter the negative aspect you could get somebody else to select the leaders for you, and don't make them all new BtS leaders, just a nice balanced selection.

Just an idea. What do you think?

You could have a third party do the leaders honor, so long as they're completely neutral and not involved in the Poland/HRE debates. Although, then again, we need it to be someone who can definitely do it and not wait a week before posting. Also, even if all are new BTS leaders, that's only six leaders-- not enough evidence to suspect anything.

I propose the following leaders for the Isabella game:
- Boudica
- Willem
- Gilgamesh
- Justinian
- Lincoln
- Rameses II

I've found myself wishing for an "Exclude These Leaders" option myself recently.

Guess I'm not alone.

I don't want to know who I'm up against at the start but there are some games I just don't want to play with certain people in that world.

The supplemental idea would be "Choose my leader from a random subset of included leaders".

just throwing in my 2 cents, but random, random, and random.

Yeah, I prefer not knowing who's out there until I meet them. A big part of the fun of the game, for me, is its exploratory component--the thrill of discovering that world surrounding your civ.

I think you should try Shaka and just..

:ar15: :help:

I think you should try Shaka and just..

:ar15: :help: everything
Shaka is coming up soon, along with Ragnar and Gilgamesh. I anticipate that all three games will feature lots of warmongering.

Gilgamesh will be different.

I like how his courthouses come with priesthood and I believe give +4 espionage instead of +2.

If you grab the great wall after alphabet you get a free great spy on top of it.. I think, and his UU isn't bad for taking cities, I find they lose whenever I'm fighting other axeman tho? Prob b/c I'm attacking and they are getting a defensive bonus.

Shaka is my favorite to play, I love his synergy at least I find he has great synergy with his traits and an early rush strategy, his UB is great for it too.

But I'm just learnin. :)

I kind of have my heart set on Isabella next. Actually, I kind of like the order set out in the second post in the thread. So Pericles will come up, but not for a little while yet.

Okay that's fine. Thanks. I look forward to Isabella and likewise your other ALC games. :)

Also, please do Victoria again, please? I want to see you recreate a real British Empire with many colonies and vassals. :)

Okay that's fine. Thanks. I look forward to Isabella and likewise your other ALC games. :)

Also, please do Victoria again, please? I want to see you recreate a real British Empire with many colonies and vassals. :)

I've had it pointed out that since Victoria's traits changed since I played as her, she now has a trait combination I won't be trying out unless I play as her again. I'll see if I can squeak her in somewhere down the road.

I think when you are done with the 52 leaders you should play every possible mix and match leader/civ combination... ;) I wonder how many combos there are.

I think when you are done with the 52 leaders you should play every possible mix and match leader/civ combination... ;) I wonder how many combos there are.

51 leaders x 34 civs = 1,734 combinations, - 51 default ones = 1,683. :eek:

My wife will divorce me sometime around ALC #342. :sad:

Bah, hurry up and start the inquisition, get through her faster so you can get to Shaka. Ikhandas are easily the best UB around, I wish Persia had them so I could get Darius's org/fin, immortals, and mini courthouse barracks.

Top Bottom