How Do I Create Units With Flicster?

Gary Childress

Student for and of life
Would someone be able to very briefly explain how to create a unit with Flicster or else point me to a tutorial on it? I've tried Flicster before but kept getting error messages when I tried to open files I created. So I've never used it to create a unit and have since forgotten how to use it. I'd like to give it one more try and if I can't get it to work again I'll just stick with Civ3FlcEdit.

Thanks.

I just now did this for 19Delta.

I don't know what tutorials you've been reading but here is a dumbed down basic thing of what you will be doing.

Once you've made all the storyboards.. load up your photo editor and Flictser.
Flicster: make a new file... 240x240 pixels... 16 frames.......and same directory you are working in. Quick way is to C&P the address from FIle Manager and put it into Flicster without having to search for it by hand in flicster, each time.
That makes you a blank .pcx file
GIMP: load up one of the bmp storyboards. It is in RBG setting (millions of colors).. Change the settings to Index color(256 colors). At this point you should be able to somehow change the pallete. I don't know how GIMP works, try to load one of the pallete files I gave you. Storyboard is now in 256 color mode. Now SAVE_AS the .pcx file you just made in Flicster.
GOTO flicster
Load up the .FXM file you just made with flicster.
It should work now. Check to see if the colors are all right. Export it.

Repeat for each animation. I like to use the same number of frames for all my animations because it speeds things up later on, I don't have to remake new files in flicster, just save over the same PCX file and export it as new .FLC files.

THanks Wyrmshadow! I'll give that a try. Still waiting on BatchGen to finish up the renderings I set it for last night. :eek:

Top Bottom