Science Discussion- Long/short term queue's

Strider

In Retrospect
I am going to post the seemably citizens prefered queue and my prefered queue.

You can view the tech tree here: Ancient Tech Tree

My Prefered Queue:
Short Term:
Lit
Map Making
Code of Laws
Philosophy

Long Term:
Lit
Map Making
Code of Laws
Philosophy
The Republic
Poly
Mathematics
Monarcy
Construction
Currency

Citizens Prefered Queue
Short Term:
Lit
Poly
Monarcy
Map Making

Tech Advantages
Lit: Libries and the Great Library
Map Making: Galleys, Harbors, The Great Lighthouse.
Poly: None
Monarcy: Goverment Monarcy
Mathematics:Capults
Currency:Marketplaces
Code of Laws: CourtHouse
The Republic: Goverment The Republic
Philsophy: None

Popular demand bonus's
Republic Path:Courthouse, The Republic
Monarcy Path:Monarcy

The Monarcy path is more easily accesible and we can get their quicker, but it leaves us down a hole. It gives us access to one wonder.

The republic path is harder to access, but gives us more availble tech research's and improvements. On top of that it gives us access to 1 wonder and makes us closer to access to another wonder.

Please post the queue you prefer or make up your own.

Lit, to the monarchy, will be best for us in the short term.

Even if we don't build the GL, lit allows us to build libraries, which are cheaper and provide more culture than temples.
Monarchy will give us the obvious bonus of the monarchy gov't, along with the Hanging Gardens.

Originally posted by Octavian X
Lit, to the monarchy, will be best for us in the short term.

Even if we don't build the GL, lit allows us to build libraries, which are cheaper and provide more culture than temples.
Monarchy will give us the obvious bonus of the monarchy gov't, along with the Hanging Gardens.

Which is why I proposed that queue.... even through I don't really like it....

The Hanging Gardens are an outstanding wonder on this difficulty level.

Remember, all of our cities will be producing new unhappy citizens.

Strider, our latest FNSD info poll showed that the people wanted polytheism before literature. It is not fair of you to post the popular queue as having literature before polytheism. :king:

Originally posted by donsig
Strider, our latest FNSD info poll showed that the people wanted polytheism before literature. It is not fair of you to post the popular queue as having literature before polytheism. :king:

1) The poll was an info poll.... I could use it's results or not....

2) I did not only use that poll to come up with my decision. I used older polls also.

3) Their were already polls back in Term 1 that said we should for lit(and they were offcial).... I'm going against those polls in going for poly

4) You lost the discussion for monarcy ages ago.... It's done it's over.... let it be.

As an attempt to stop the bickering, I will support Lit, Polytheism, Monarchy, then Mathematics. We can get Literature first and stand around wishing we could build Libraries or the GL while we research a better Government that will enable us to develop into a nation that can build Libraries. Once we get Monarchy, I think Mathematics would be a better choice than Mapmaking.

Originally posted by Cyc
As an attempt to stop the bickering, I will support Lit, Polytheism, Monarchy, then Mathematics. We can get Literature first and stand around wishing we could build Libraries or the GL while we research a better Government that will enable us to develop into a nation that can build Libraries. Once we get Monarchy, I think Mathematics would be a better choice than Mapmaking.

In the 50 turns it takes to research lit, poly, and monarcy the war will already be over and we would probley already have libries in are cities.... When I take a city in a war I make it build a defender then any offense units I need for the war then get it going on a library... In about 15 turns our 3 cities will be to far away to continue making troops to aid the war effort and would either be on a settler or worker.

I like Striders idea that he originally posted

Top Bottom