SL Wiki Upload List

It's me. I'll think about it. Squonk was my original handle at Poly, and I've only changed it because Jesus Balsinde named me Skunk...

I´m a stupid man. It´s on top on the right side and I didn´t see it :lol:

Thanks very much, I updated the AWI page and uploaded my playtest file because I´m not sure how long I need to fix the event file. Maybe I have to make a complete new one. :)

I´ve started uploading Units posted here on the SL Wiki. I used the Units main category and created categories representing the different time peroids (Medieval Time, Ancient, Modern, Fantasy, ...).

The first units are uploaded in the Fantasy category. Please let me know if this works fine for you or if there should be used another system for categorizing the units. :)

Here`s the link to the Units database:

Units Database on the SL Wiki

Btw, I used the png's which where posted here. Should they converted into the bmp format before uploading?

I´ve started uploading Units posted here on the SL Wiki. I used the Units main category and created categories representing the different time peroids (Medieval Time, Ancient, Modern, Fantasy, ...).

The first units are uploaded in the Fantasy category. Please let me know if this works fine for you or if there should be used another system for categorizing the units. :)

Having the large compilations in the Units threads here is really handy but over time the threads will grow and then the Wiki will come into its own. That's an excellent system for uploading the units compilations. Its very tidy having them all on one page and the index links will make it easy to jump to the right category. Sub dividing it up by author will make it easy for people to add units in the correct section so no matter how many people add units the page should remain in good order. Great work!
:goodjob:

Should they converted into the bmp format before uploading?
BMPs are uncompressed. They should never be posted on web pages.

BTW, is it possible to make the distinction between FW and MGE scenarios? I know Mercator brought this up last time around. FW scenarios are not 100% compatible with MGE, and not everyone who owns FW owns MGE.

Yes, the categories are already setup. I just changed the sidebar a bit too so it will be easier to find them.

I've just finished uploading a crapload of units to the wiki. I'll run a few more files through PNGOut and upload those later. I ended up changing a couple of unit categories: I found that 'Age of Discovery' sat between the Medieval and Industrial periods better than the Renaissance, which overlaps with the late-Middle Ages and falls short of the Industrial Era by a fair margin. I also moved the Sci-Fi units out of the Fantasy category, renaming the previously empty Future category. Hope I'm not treading on anyone's toes. Any preference for how mixed compilations, eg, Erwan's units, are handled? A separate category?

[Edit: :hmm: I notice now that the units categories more closely match the scenario categories. Maybe merge the Cold War and Modern categories. Too much overlap.]

May I ask for a tiny change? In the case of Mamluks, it's AH (Anno Higrae), not AD... I'm using the muslim calendar in it. So it's really in XIII century, 1250 (the start of mamluks' reign) - 1302 (the fall of last crusaders' stronghold in Syropalestine).

Top Bottom