[BtS] - Updates and progress

If anyone can upload the BtS (non-modified) Unit XML folder I'd be thrilled. I'd like to remove everything except 1 unit and see what happens to our mod.

On first glance the formations XML is wildly different and now I don't remember if we even changed this. I hate being at work! :mad:

I have seen things like that before. The error is not really in Civ4ForceControlInfos but another xml. the reason it is reported wrong is due to bugs in SDK.
If it's something like "info type XXX not found, Current XML file is: YYY" then it may happen after XML finished loading, as i understand python also calls CvGlobals::getInfoTypeForString function (maybe indirectly) that reports the last XML being loaded as the current XML.
Maybe there are other bugs like that, i don't know.

Geo - I sent this exact message as a PM, but I'll post it here too:

I'm assuming you've updated the SVN. :)

Can you take this file and replace what we have. Also, please delete or rename the formations file in our mod so that the game uses the default one.

What I've found is that we're using an incorrect line in UnitInfos. We have:

<FormationType/>

and should have:

<FormationType>FORMATION_TYPE_DEFAULT</FormationType> or Default can be any other defined type, but I entered in default for all units.

If it's something like "info type XXX not found, Current XML file is: YYY" then it may happen after XML finished loading, as i understand python also calls CvGlobals::getInfoTypeForString function (maybe indirectly) that reports the last XML being loaded as the current XML.
Maybe there are other bugs like that, i don't know.

I don't think we have any python or XML changes. We used to have a new title screen, but right now we don't even have a python folder. Shouldn't we have one? Is there anything in the mod's loading that would go looking for the SotM title screen?

And this whole thing better not be caused by a "," somewhere within thousands of lines of XML!

I don't think we have any python or XML changes. We used to have a new title screen, but right now we don't even have a python folder. Shouldn't we have one? Is there anything in the mod's loading that would go looking for the SotM title screen?

We don't need it to run the mod so I wouldn't worry about it for now.

The SotM Title screen is just art file changes and thus should not cause any problems.

I'm worried about starting it from scratch to be honest, although that might not be too bad in the long run.

Two things in the ArtDefines_Civilizations file that are most likely nothing, but are definitely different.

We have this:

<bWhiteFlag>1</bWhiteFlag>

and BtS has:

<bWhiteFlag>0</bWhiteFlag>

I doubt switching this will matter, but who knows. The other is that this is the only ArtDefines files where the Vanilla version allowed a "," in front of the button path when not using an atlas. It worked in Vanilla, but is it possible that doesn't work in BtS? I did a direct swap to the conversion, but maybe that was a bad idea...

Comma stuff didn't seem to help. Here's a folder that has logs from our mod and BtS normal. It appears that python is hanging up, but I don't know why that would be.

Attachments

• Logs.zip
    19.7 KB · Views: 67
hmm, your right. I didn't even think to look at the python log file before. I'll have to investigate this further.

hmm, your right. I didn't even think to look at the python log file before. I'll have to investigate this further.

I don't understand what python errors we could possibly have since we don't even have a python folder.

The normal game does load up map types. Do we need a python folder to tell the game about the moonscript?

Due to the nature of this bug all my previous debugging methods have fallen apart. I would like to try a new method using modular xml loading to load this mod and try to debug it that way. It would be really helpful to me if you could convert all the xmls to xml modules.:please:

Top Bottom