Rhye's of Civilization - the fastest loading mod Expanded

Rate this mod!

• I can't play Civ without this: no more loading times!

Votes: 203 66.6%
  • A good mod, but I won't play with it

Votes: 54 17.7%
  • I don't like the map

Votes: 13 4.3%
  • I don't like the terrain

Votes: 9 3.0%
  • I don't like the additions

Votes: 5 1.6%
  • I don't like the rules changes

Votes: 21 6.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
In my test game today I had 3 crashes in the last several turns I was able to play.

Early Destroyer.INI was missing

Scenariors\Rhye's X\text\pediaicons.txt\ANIMNAME_PRTO_Infantry3

Art\Units\#ANIMNAME_PRTO_Guerilla23\#ANIMNAME_PRTO_Guerilla23.INI

Runaway money problem was not an issue in this game, at least not to the degree that it has been previously

Rifleman were non-existant in this game for some reason. I could not build any or upgrade muskets to them. I did have saltpeter and I saw some of the AI had them so I don't know what the problem could be.

Papal States "expires" at Nationalism. However, the only effect of the Papal States wonder is to give culture. Wonders still give culture after they expire. So the expiration of the Papal States wonder is fairly useless.

QUOTE=Jaguar]Papal States "expires" at Nationalism. However, the only effect of the Papal States wonder is to give culture. Wonders still give culture after they expire. So the expiration of the Papal States wonder is fairly useless.[/QUOTE]

OK

Horton said:
In my test game today I had 3 crashes in the last several turns I was able to play.

Early Destroyer.INI was missing

Scenariors\Rhye's X\text\pediaicons.txt\ANIMNAME_PRTO_Infantry3

Art\Units\#ANIMNAME_PRTO_Guerilla23\#ANIMNAME_PRTO_Guerilla23.INI

Runaway money problem was not an issue in this game, at least not to the degree that it has been previously

Rifleman were non-existant in this game for some reason. I could not build any or upgrade muskets to them. I did have saltpeter and I saw some of the AI had them so I don't know what the problem could be.

to continue playing, EVERYBODY must edit pediaicons and replace

#ANIMNAME_PRTO_Destroyer
Early Destroyer

with

#ANIMNAME_PRTO_Destroyer
Destroyer
#ANIMNAME_PRTO_Infantry3
Infantry
#ANIMNAME_PRTO_Infantry4
Infantry
#ANIMNAME_PRTO_Infantry5
Infantry

Guerilla seems OK. Tell me if it happens again.

Riflemen are OK except if you are using Byzantine (I forgot to activate their rifleman flag, I'm sorry for that).

Rhye said:
so, how is it going?

in which years there were era changes?
when was America discovered?
are wonders being built correctly?
Sorry, Rhye. No time to test at the moment, hope the others can help out.

Sorry, but seems that you have released too early the 0.71 :(

Because possibles bugs and crashs :rolleyes:

Sorry my sir :D

I will test perhaps the 0.75 or 0.8 or 0.9 or will wait the 1.00 Final Version .

Curious this flavors units that have all the same name, you will lost yourself if you don't caution ;)

Good luck !

My English is it understandable :lol: ?

Rhye, I still haven't downloaded 0.71, so can you upload a fixed copy or a fixed 0.72?
I probably won't start on 0.7x for a bit, I wanna play through colonialism with England first. =X
(I did notice the age of colonialism was a bit too short in the previous version that I'm playing on, but I don't know what exactly has been changed since so never mind.)

Is there anything that can be done to increase the wait time (i.e. the AI actions) during turns?

mysticalone, I don't understand what's your problem. Wonders are buildable by everybody but some require some resources.

mysticalone said:
Hi there i love your new world im playing the Conqor
world and im not able to make wounders every one elce is and i was woundering if there is a glitch.

And I don't know what a glitch is.

Um dafiden, this map/mod is just about the fastest that you will ever play. Try some of the others out and you will get the picture.

I dont know of anything else you can easily do to decrease the wait times more.

Rhye said:
OK I'll upload a new version today or tomorrow, just to be sure that everything works.

I can say that it is 80% complete: I need your help to finish this last 20%: the info I asked can save me a lot of time.
I say upload a version with all the graphics. Most of us have very fast internet, and we probably spend more time correcting pediaicons.txt problems than downloading. ;)

I agree. It would also save you time Rhye, as you won't have to keep two different versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom