End of Empires - N3S III

If it's alright, I'd like to pick up Tars. I'll do my best, if you'll have me. :)

Orders sent.

OOC: so many missing, but I can only plow on ahead and deliver the following message:

I have been instructed to deliver the following diplomacy:

But in truth, it is delivered by other means. In some cases, it comes tied to the leg of a bird, a raven or pigeon, somehow trained to home in on the local ruler. In some cases, it arrives in the hands of a ragged messenger – and in some, it is pressed into a leader's hand by his most trusted servant.

In all cases, it says the same thing:

To: All nations in the cradle

Greetings, ruler. Three centuries ago, my people left their home; we had been driven from it by the war and strife that had befallen our old continents, by the savage days and red dawns that every pregnant twilight promised.

And we wept. We wept for civilization, for the price that man had to pay to live in comfort – we wept, and we sailed, and we vanished. You would not know their names, for theirs are as alien as yours are to our tongues. Nor, truly, do you know our name, for it is difficult to translate.

Suffice it to say that we bring word.

Not merely of our coming, and of the fact that we bring marvelous gifts of technology and wisdom to your people, but also a warning. There is another in this world, who would seek to destroy all civilization, who would seek to tear it down for little reason other than their own gratification.

We aim to stop that.

Join us, and we will bring the world into a new era of harmony.

As a first gift, I have attached the first true world map that to our knowledge has ever been created; as a second, we shall send you the technology to create the fire of the heavens themselves.

P.S. We should also probably mention our true name – the Citadel.

The message also contains instructions for reply: sending the messenger bird back to its home, or taking a reply to a certain person or location, varying for each nation.

OOC: and welcome on board, Lord_Iggy, new fellow comoderator!

It probably seems like it will be strange at first, but trust me, we'll work all the kinks out. ;)

Wow- thats a lot of work to put into an april fool's joke.

OOC: A pity. I almost died from joy. But technically, there were indeed spice islands to the west of Guangfei/Myocaca/Khermi that I sent troops to occupy... :mischief:

The Lords of the Dengarai and Veranaxes, Ninth Redeemer of Man announce that they have nominated the nation of Kelios for the site of their ultimate battle. There can only be one.

The maid is blind
The maid's god is blind
The maid is happy and the maid shall marry
God grows in gardens and on graves

-Children's rhyme

To: The Opuelensi and Leunan "Empires"

Submit and pay homage to the Emperor and your Kings will be made the Lord Dukes of these Eastern Marches, entrusted in pacifying these lands for the Emperor. Our armies are beyond reckoning; our fleets, invincible. Submit, and your foes' blood will flow in rivers. Refuse, and we shall rain destruction upon your lands.

Hi NK, it's great to be back on board moderating these two classic NESes. :D

To: The World

Cower before our monstrous turtle-men!

so, is that map still correct?

Update 13/33: Tellusian Section

It has been a long and arduous war. The Coming of the Second Citadel was a complex affair. It is now understood that they were a rogue group who broke away from the Citadel of Knowledge nearly two centuries before their appearance.

Contrary to popular belief, the Citadel of Knowledge was not some all-powerful organization hiding unspeakably powerful technologies. Yes, they did possess well-developed metallurgical skills, which they put into developing ostentatious displays of technology, but it seems unlikely that many of their seafaring steam-owered contraptions were actually significantly better than, say, a good old fashioned Caravel.

At any rate, the split took place as a result of a fundamental dispute between two camps of the Citadel- one that held on to idealism, believing that through gentle nudging of world events, they could help the world develop into a more peaceful place, where humanity could follow higher pursuits than mundane war and sustenance. The other, that which came to be known as the Second Citadel, once held to these ideals as well. However, century upon century of unending war, destruction, murder and suffering slowly grated away at their souls. How could they, with all of their gifts and prowess, allow the world to fall apart this way? They would not. The convened Librarians of the Citadel debated for years on the matter, until no reconciliation could be made. A grand portion of their finest minds defected, fleeing into the east, and vowing to bring about a true peace, even if it had to be done by force.

When it struck, the Second Citadel was ferocious. Commanding a vast army of Ida'an'i'i, they swept like a tidal wave across Azulia, overhwelming the weakened nations one by one. The nations of Terrania were by and large preoccupied with their own feuds, and only a few actually sent forces to try and cut off the Second Citadel in the bud. It would take their inexplicable arrival in Croyodon to stir most into action, and by then it was too late to stop the might war-machine which now controlled all of southern Azulia, and had established a beachhead in the Old World.

Croyodon, struggling to maintain widespread Gorinese unrest, sought allegiance with these new arrivals, aiding them in campaigns against the far north and the continental interior. It seemed that no one could stop this force, until the Valins, caught up in suppressing a widespread Khemrian perversion of Oneism, finally decided to align their forces against the Second Citadel. Establishing Autoregium, the disunited republics of Veritas denied a command to surrender, and launched grand armies into Gorin to confront Croyodon and its allies.

Widespread and bloody warfare followed, and it seemed that the resolve of the Second Citadel was beginning to shake. However, these hopes were dashed when a huge new wave struck all over Terrania.

Guangfei, the strongest supporter of the Citadel, and perhaps the only reason that all of Azulia had not fallen to the Eastern threat, found itself under direct attack. With many forces away from home, the Second Citadel was able to race upstream and seize the Imperial Capital, decapitating the state in a stroke. While the Emperor escaped, the wily Second Citadel wasted no time in installing a new government atop of the civil service of the old, establishing a 'Bureaucratic Republic of Guangfei'. Pursuing the fleeing Emperor northwards, the new Republic smashed through Aryie, before being confronted by the Valins.

Neaveritas' relation with Guangfei had been often strained, but its allegiance with the conquering powers necessitated, in the Autoregium's mind, the necessity for a renewed war. Valins fought and died in vast numbers, but ultimately a new frontier was secured at the White Mountains.

Throughout the world, vast forces moved hither and thither, crushing many smaller states beneath them. The Second Citadel seized much of the peripheries of the world, while the First Citadel resisted them at every point. However, always were the forces of the Second seeking to disrupt their enemies. Valin mistrust of the Citadel erupted into war multiple times, causing the fourth and fifth Autoregia, and allowing the flagging Second Citadel to once again regain lost ground.

It is in this environment that, desperate to prevent the domination of the Second Citadel, messengers of the first struck out into the East, bringing word of their plight to a newer world.

Times are difficult. Guangfei has managed to overthrow the shackles of their erstwhile Second Citadel overlords, but the Emperor Remains lost and hostilities remain with the Valins, who are only barely co-belligerents. The Bladeists are reduced to the heart of the Cultesian Rainforests, but they fight mightily against all who attempt to break into their last redoubt. The world stands on a dime.

To: The Sixth Autoregium of High Veritas

In hundreds of years of conquest and war, the Satar have known no master.

Until now.

Your "One" is clearly Taleldil himself, in a superior, more glorious form. What right do we have, in our petty kingdoms, to oppose those whose great ships and machines could slay the gods themselves? And so, the Satar, as one, kneel, to the Valins. May your Stratikrator accept our masks as a sign of our submission.

TO: The Empire of Guangfei

I fart in your general direction. Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries. Good Day!:yup:

To: The Ardavai Exatai

ONCE, we accepted fealty. Those of Emor, we sheltered and protected. We counted them as allies, uplifted friends whom we would die to protect. Then, they burned the White Harbor in our time of greatest need. Then, they destroyed the great statue of the One which stood above the Holy Isle. Then, they slaughtered the Assemblum Popularum. With cruel swords and crueler fire, they ruined the greatest beacon of light which had ever stood above the endless sea. Strategius, in his cold stone tomb under the city of Kallamas, wept even in death.

It took Six Autoregia, the suspension of our people's democracy for the greater good, to restore what we have lost. And even then, betrayal stings like a sliver of cold steel, lodged in our very HEART.

And you claim fealty. We will accept your submission. But you have not our trust. For these are dark times, and you could so easily be a pawn of the Enemy, a trap set to ensnare us. Prove yourselves in battle against the Citadel and their hellish allies, and we shall welcome you as confederates into the glorious Autoregium.

In Redemption, Autorex Quisani, Stratikrator and High Elder of the Valin Republics, Protector of Veritas, Grand Master of the Order of the White Rose, Son of Strategius, Brother of Tactius, Servant of the One.

OOC: Orders sent. The Empire strikes back.

Really? I destroy one annoying China-ripoff and you people have to bring ANOTHER? Oh well, gah, my work is never done!

The Thorsrdyn of Evyn declares unending war against these heretical demons!

can we spoiler those maps guys? Really distorting the thread!

Top Bottom