Some hobbyist civ-like game development

Doidel

Chieftain
Hello all :)

EDIT: Uploaded a game build, check last post!

In my spare time I develop a little civ-like system, without too much focus or time spent, but I like they way it's going. After more than 3 months (of spare time) spent I feel like it can't hurt sharing a sneak-peek here ^^

(Attention: Sound is very low)

Link to video.

Please don't hack on me, and remember it's really just bare bones and has barely no content yet :p

Maybe I'll post an update here every few months, we'll see. At the moment simply see it as my way of expressing my little civ fanatism ^^

Have a nice day all
Doidel

Looks pretty cool. What kind of framework are you using for the hexes in unity? Or did you create it yourself?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Hey there Civ-fans

I've continuously worked on the game in my spare time, and right now I'm working on the technology tree. This game design part is crucial for the game, so let me shout out here in case someone has always wanted to work on a technology tree and things you can discover, or simply if you're interested in a discussion :)
Primarily it's about technologies up to the invention of the wheel, mainly because this first phase of settlement is about playing with a single village. Expansion and other modern-age stuff (;)) comes after that.
Someone else on the forum coincidentally perfectly described a while ago what that first phase is actually all about:
A civ like game; but is just a small tribe starting when tools and fire invented. Involves resource management, building and protecting your tribe from wild creatures and other tribes and increasing primitive technology to the bronze age..

Leave me a message if you're interested!

I made a first draft of some research tree. Please see for yourself here (download, unzip, start game, click science sign on the top left to open the tech tree. The tech features inside the tech items have tooltips.). It would be great if you could share your ideas, stuff that make little sense to you or anything you'd like to see in there!
Some technologies still have a question mark if you hover over them, that's where I've had no ideas yet what the gain of these techs are.

EDIT: Had the wrong link to an old version x/ Updated it now

I checked out the demo and the tech tree looks cool indeed.

I'm very interest about projects like this since I'm also working on Unity build Civ clone game:My Youtube channel
Latest screens:http://imgur.com/a/BKQVS

Maybe there's some possibility for collaboration? Your work looks awesome.

hey, thanks you two! Yeah I'm still working on it every now and then :) Fullerene, I sent you a pm!

Hey guys

I uploaded a second video about the civ-like system I work on in my spare time:

Link to video.

I can't recall all the things I added since the last video, but I guess some of the more prominent features are:
  • Infinite procedural world generation
  • Fog and player view logic
  • Tech tree, with two researchable techs
  • Wild wolves
  • Very basic combat system

Top Bottom