Colonization (IAAR)

Wang Lung

Chieftain
Colonization

Welcome to Colonization! The year is 1590, and the Old World powers of France, Spain, and England have begun staking their claims on a vast and newly discovered continent. Seeking to make your own fortune, you have founded a trading company and have embarked to the English colony of Jamestown. In a game of supremacy, your goal is to lead your trading company to complete control of the New World. Please read the Rules, and then feel free to join up!

For those of you that have read the rules, here is a quick guide to joining:
Spoiler :
To join simply fill out the following form and post in the thread:
Company Name: [What you want your company called, example: "Virginia Company"]
Company Symbol: [A picture of your company symbol]
Governor Name: [First and Last, the name of the person leading your company]
Stockholders: [Number of stockholders 1-10. The more stockholders the more directives you will receive from them, but the more money you will start out with.]

Company Name: Scottish Company
Company Symbol:

Governor Name: Donald MacArthur
Stockholders: 7

British companies only, or can I throw some Nieuw-Nederlands into the mix?

Nope you can be of whatever nationality you wish. You will however be chartered by the English crown and so will be beholden to the same rules and loyalties as the other companies.

I hope to hold out for at least four players. Once we reach that number I will post the first update.

Since we can be whatever nationality we wish, I changed the name of my company. The rest remains the same.

Company Name: Vereenigde Amerikaans Compagnie (Dutch American Company)

Company Flag:
Spoiler :

(Yeah, yeah, it's just the Dutch West Indies Company Flag, but...)

Governor Name: Willem Morissen

Stockholders: 9

Good to have new signups! Looking to have one more person join. If we don't have anyone by next Wednesday I suppose we can just start with three.

Jamestown Times: April 1, 1595
Spoiler :

(click for link to pdf version on google docs)

Royal Directives
Spoiler :

Expansionary Decree of 1595
In the year of our Lord 1595, His Majesty’s Government formally decrees that the administrator(s) of Jamestown Colony shall provision to establish a second New World colony by the end of the year 1600. At which time, the Colonial Congress shall decree the manor of governance by which the colony should be ran. Once completed, His Majesty shall allot an additional stipend of £10,000 to Jamestown Colony for its efforts. In the event that this feat should not be finished within the time frame provided, the colonies shall reimburse His Majesty’s Treasury the full price of the settler party, now set at £42,000.

Colonial Directives
Spoiler :

Native America Act of 1595
This Assembly has found it to be within the interest of His Majesty’s Colonies to further explore this New World. As responsible stewards of the mission we have undertaken, it is incumbent upon Jamestown Colony to secure its own safety against forces that would work against it. In this light, the Colonial Congress formally issues this directive to search out and establish relations the native tribes of this land. It is the opinion of this body that a failure to do so would be to neglect the security of our interests, and will result in the formal seizure by the Congress of the Second Colonial Regiment from the control of Jamestown in the year 1605.
Failure: Second Colonial Regiment controlled by Colonial Congress

Swedish Amerigo Company invests £5,000 in moderate stocks. The health of the Jamestown economy is integral to its success, and capital is key to growth.

Top Bottom