SDK Worldbuilder help

christiantaylor

Chieftain
How do I play the maps I create on the SDK worldbuilder? I click on the Modbuddy but it tells me I have to download something, gives me a link, then nothing loads because there is something wrong with the web link. It's really getting on my nerves, any help? :confused:

I haven't used World Builder in a while. But if it's like it used to be, all you have to do is save the map after you created it, and then just go into the game and select it. As far as I know, you don't have to use anything other than the World Builder.

I haven't used World Builder in a while. But if it's like it used to be, all you have to do is save the map after you created it, and then just go into the game and select it. As far as I know, you don't have to use anything other than the World Builder.

I agree with this. If it is just "a map" ( opposed to "a scenario" ), you should be able to start a new game, enter advanced setup and select the map.

I agree with this. If it is just "a map" ( opposed to "a scenario" ), you should be able to start a new game, enter advanced setup and select the map.

Yes. And if it's a scenario, you will need ModBuddy.

Right okay, the maps are saved onto my desktop as 'CIV5MAP File' So I would guess they are just maps but how do I load them in the actual game? Do I have to send them to Steam or something from my desktop? Thanks for this by the way

Maps folder. Should be located at C:/*user*/(My) Documents/Sid Meier's Civilization V/Maps

Doing this blind as I am at work. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Sorry you'll have to be more specific than that, what do you mean by 'Maps folder'? Is that in Civ V, Steam, my computer? I'm clearly not very good with computers so I'll need to be spoon fed what to do, like, almost every detail if possible, thanks

If you're running Windows 7(I think Vista is like this, too)go to your Documents folder, then to the My Games folder, then Sid Meier's Civilization V folder, then to the Maps folder, and move your map file from your desktop to that folder.

Then open the game and go to Setup Game. Click on Map Type and scroll down(you may have to click on Additional Maps to see your map), and you're map should be there to select.

Thank you so much! Worked a charm! One last thing, when I played the map, the strategic resources like coal, iron etc only had one per plot when usually you know it varies between like 2, 4, 6 etc. Can I just edit that on SDK?

Thank you so much!
You're very welcome. :)

I think there is even a setting in World Builder that you can check on your created maps to randomize resources, which, I presume, makes random resources every time you start a new game on that map.

Welcome to the forums, btw!

Well, this is slightly off topic -- but since the OP got his question answered, and this IS a WB question -- I'll ask it here.

How do you get around the jungle/grassland/plains bug? By this I mean that the WB only lets you place jungle on grassland, not plains. Because of this, any maps you create will have more food than a 'true' game (Jungle tiles will give 3 food instead of 2, jungle banana gives 4 instead of 3, etc).

I love making maps, but it kind of defeats the purpose when you can't make 'standard' maps. This bug has been around for a LONG time (since vanilla, IIRC); and I have always been curious how other would-be map makers handle this.

Yes. And if it's a scenario, you will need ModBuddy.

You know, I've made six or seven maps with scenarios, and then wondered why the scenarios didn't work when I loaded a game with the map. Thanks for bringing this up!

Top Bottom