Civ loading too big for my screen

loopdroop

Chieftain
CIV has suddenly started loading on my screen when I start it, with half of the 'N' of CIVILIZATION off the right hand side of the screen.

A screen dump shows that the full image is there, just too big to display. This is also affecting other programs, with the last inch or so off my display (including the clock on my taskbar).

I've tried altering the resolution from it present 1152x870 and restarting the game but this doesn't make a difference.

regards

Hi J, I'm using full screen, running from a CD. It used to work fine but has suddenly started being odd. As soon as the menu screen loads (past the into video), the screen seems to 'zoom' slightly and I lose the right hand side of the screen. I can alter the horizontal setting by 50% and the I lose a slice off each side of the screen, rather than all off one side.

I've tried screen resolutions from 800 to 1250 but the best I can get is a small graphic, with a lot of black space around it; this just shrinks my usable visible space rather than resolves the problem. Also, when I try this, CIV usually crashes,

I've tried changing text sizes, which does nothing, I thought it might be caused by a video game, running through an emulator but I have uninstalled that and it has no effect.

regards

Thanks for your comments, I've tried a 1024x760 resolution but this doesn't 'fit' on the screen; I think I have a video card problem.

regards

I had much the same problem as you. I had to make my NVIDIA control panel resolution match the in game resolution to fix the problem.

Hope you figure out a solution to this, damn those odd resolutions eh? Also not sure if you know this (judging from your 2nd post) but you don't need the DVD in the drive to play the game, that's part of the point of using Steam :)

If this problem affects other programs, possibly your monitor is at fault. Do you have a way to reset it back to its defaults?

Top Bottom