Things that irk you

-As far as I know (correct me if I'm wrong), there's no way of knowing which CIV has already completed a wonder. Like, I will beeline to technology A because it is what I need to build wonder B, but some other civ already beat me to it about 50 turns earlier. Of course, I also just have a bad memory.

-As far as I know (correct me if I'm wrong), there's no way of knowing which CIV has already completed a wonder. Like, I will beeline to technology A because it is what I need to build wonder B, but some other civ already beat me to it about 50 turns earlier. Of course, I also just have a bad memory.

You can if you have met that Civ, in your diplomacy screen it will list both what wonders that civ has completed and what social policies they have.

The thing that irks me is the City States that don't grow, I understand the concept of a small one city entity but beyond late game they get to be small patches of crowded land, I feel like they should at least have larger borders.

Well if you met them you get the message that Russia Built the Hanging Gardens. If you have not met them you get, Hanging Gardens was built in far and distant land. You do not need the tech to get the message.

Well if you met them you get the message that Russia Built the Hanging Gardens. If you have not met them you get, Hanging Gardens was built in far and distant land. You do not need the tech to get the message.

He means he'll initial skip over that message or forget about it when continuing from a save file. When I'm just hitting next turn sometimes I'll miss it too. I do wish the icon in the tech tree would be grayed out or something if the wonder is gone instead of relying on memory

When trading with gold on either side needed to make the offer over and over again after adjusting the amount of gpt or gold. "what will make this deal work?" helps sometimes, but I just want to say "how much gpt will you pay for this?"

What is ticking me off is the inconsistency of re-establishing my trade routes, particularly international ones. Sometimes I scroll down and it says "previous route" or something like that. And other times, it doesn't say that. So I then have to try to remember what trade route it was, and check which ones I am currently using.

I still can't get over most of the female leaders - they don't deserve to be in the game, they take up the spot of far more deserving, interesting and ACTUAL leaders and I just don't like them
No one can convince me that that Dido > Hannibal, Theodora > Justinian, Wu Whatsherface > Guan Yu, Isabella > El Cid etc
And while an argument can be made for some of the others like Elizabeth or Catherine, I'd still prefer Richard the Lionheart (yes, I know he wasn't a particularly good king) and Ivan the Terrible

This pretty much kills any inclination I might have of playing their civs
Which is annoying because if it wasn't for this nonsense, Carthage, Byzantium and Russia would be my top picks

You can probably find that in the notification log somewhere if you havent met the civ that built it.

It's a bit of an irk that the log isn't colour coded so it's easier to find messages of different types.

I might have been updated in BNW, but in G&K there was nothing that told you what turn you accepted a DoF on. Cue turn after turn having to check the diplo screen to see if you are able to attack yet. Same goes for promises made. No real way to keep track of what you are not supposed to be doing. Does anyone know if this was sorted out?

The Colosseum not being a world wonder.

It really shows some bad research on Firaxis' part. "Colosseum" wasn't the structures actual name--in reality, it was called the Flavian AMPHITHEATER. Because that's what it was--it was just an oversized amphitheater. The Flavian Amphitheater got its nickname from the fact that it was located by a very large statue--a colossus. Thus the Roman populace began to refer to the building as the Colosseum.

Drama & Poetry should unlock the Theater that they removed from BNW, and Construction should unlock amphitheaters, as well as the Colosseum world wonder.

Also, East India Company irks me too. It might not be a "unique" wonder, but it's still an inappropriately named one--it can be silly to have EIC when India is not even in the game. Would it have killed them to just call it "National Trading Company"?

Why do archers have a range of 2 and bazookas, gatling guns, machine guns only have a range of 1?

Like others have said:

1) ridiculously long war penalties.
2) Venice/Austria allying your CS that had over 100 influence. ;_;

Why do archers have a range of 2 and bazookas, gatling guns, machine guns only have a range of 1?

Because warfare scales with each era. You can't have machine gunners shooting through infantry, that would be homocidal. It's also the reason why movement doesn't increase with era, even though modern infantry could cover a lot more ground than their ancient counterparts. You are getting a progressively smaller picture of the battlefield as the game goes on.

(or you could play as England and get 2 range bazookas)

What is ticking me off is the inconsistency of re-establishing my trade routes, particularly international ones. Sometimes I scroll down and it says "previous route" or something like that. And other times, it doesn't say that. So I then have to try to remember what trade route it was, and check which ones I am currently using.

I think this might be from trade routes that went to a city that was just conquered. I noticed this in my last game.

ONE SKIN SHADE FOR ALL
Who are those Caucasian Swiss spearmen about to invade me? Oh, it's just Shaka's all-white Zulu army. What's that strange white knight about to attack? Oh, it's just Pachacuti's all-white Incan army. The game needs diversity by default. I know there's several mods out there, but nothing makes me roll my eyes more than the lack of respect for the different nations of the world. You'd think the 5th iteration of CIV would get it right? :confused: :confused::confused:

Nothing more immersion breaking than getting a desert start and being attacked by vikings. :lol: I get why it's this way, but they could at least do something like the Crusader Kings 2 devs did. Have a few different generic units, and then sell cheap DLC skins to further differentiate the different civ's units.

Until then, we've got R.E.D.

Ironclads that don't require iron, frigates that do.

Attila's Horse Archers that don't require horses.

Aztec Norwegian Ski-Infantry, Korean Norwegian Ski-Infantry, and so on. Military CSes can sometimes cause some hilarity when they give out this Danish UU.

And those times where no one went Liberty and you notice it's 1996 AD and the Great Pyramids can still be built.

Multi engined aircraft- including bi planes- operating from carriers.

Two that don't irk me but I find amusing for no real reason.

"The Huns have denounced Germany"

"Our spies have established that Attila is plotting against you" - when is Attila not plotting against you?

The little thing that irk me the most are all in the diplomacy part of the game.

The fact the leaders play their defeat stance when apologizing for spying activities, creating some pretty strange and awkward scenes...

But most of all the huge lack of personalized quote for each leaders. Besides the introduction, they are almost all completely generic and it removes a lot of the immersion I feel when talking to them compared to a, say civilization 3 which did an amazing job on that. And the most irking part is it would have been very easy for the developers to make it richer since it's just text. Just a couple days more of work and that's it.

AIs planting cities miles from their capital for an economic or strategic resource, and often just vulnerable like there's a sign that says "INVADE US", or THAT close to you and encroaching, despite being their capital being relatively distant, and THEY call you out for expanding near them!

For all I'm concerned, the AI (depending on difficulty played perhaps) still needs to know what makes for "sensible" expansion.

I still can't get over most of the female leaders - they don't deserve to be in the game, they take up the spot of far more deserving, interesting and ACTUAL leaders and I just don't like them
No one can convince me that that Dido > Hannibal, Theodora > Justinian, Wu Whatsherface > Guan Yu, Isabella > El Cid etc
And while an argument can be made for some of the others like Elizabeth or Catherine, I'd still prefer Richard the Lionheart (yes, I know he wasn't a particularly good king) and Ivan the Terrible

This pretty much kills any inclination I might have of playing their civs
Which is annoying because if it wasn't for this nonsense, Carthage, Byzantium and Russia would be my top picks

Not sure why you'd want such an overwhelmingly male leader roster, isn't variety a good thing? How many beardy old guys does civ need? Not sure any kind of argument can be made about putting a disastrous leader like Richard over a woman who ruled over one of the greatest empires in history.

CityArtStyle

lets say im playing as the Romans my CityArtStyle is "Greeko-Roman", then i got a DoW on the Japanese Empire which CityArtStyle is "Asian" then when i Capture one of its City its CityArtStyle suddenly Change to "Greeko-Roman" , which in real Life don't really happen.
Maybe they should just Implement the Current "CityArtStyle Adaptation" if the City you capture got only 1 Population.

And those times where no one went Liberty and you notice it's 1996 AD and the Great Pyramids can still be built.
:agree:
yeah, there should be some sort of Wonder expiration, just like Pyramids you could built it on Ancient Era, maybe they should allow you to built it for only 2 Eras (from Ancient-Classical only).

Top Bottom