Huge map, ancient, marathon with 22 civ and 41 city state, how to beat it?

cwr888

Chieftain
The map type is Pangaea
Domination victory only
Right now I've advanced to information era, and it seems that I'm winning with 2300 pts,
the 2nd is Zulus with ~2000 pts and then Inca with ~ 1500 pts

I'm playing using India and I wonder what other civ could make win such a game

on king and below you can win it with any civ you want. On higher difficulties I'm sure most/every civ is still capable of doing it, but you need to be a skilled player (not like me :()

Germany should be good, with late game panzers and reduced maintenance cost. Nab the Kremlin and you're laughing.

Several tactics are advantageous on a really large map with many civs and city states.
This certainly includes playing India.

Others are:
Spreading a religion with a strong founder belief. (Works very well with Byzantium and two founder beliefs)
Playing Patronage and trying to get control over many city states (Works very well with Greece)
Sweden - Try to get 21 friends for the 210% increased Great Person production

Huge Marathon Pangaea? short story: Germany + Honor = win. If it is too hard, turn on raging barbarians to make unit farming faster. With a decent war game, you can easily beat Emperor or Immortal even without the raging barbs.

That's going to be a lot of work.. You can dominate easier with a smaller map size and a easier difficulty.. so that way you dont fail..

You'll need a fast processor and a good video card. Such a massive game would be very long between turns.

Huge Marathon Pangaea? short story: Germany + Honor = win. If it is too hard, turn on raging barbarians to make unit farming faster. With a decent war game, you can easily beat Emperor or Immortal even without the raging barbs.

It doesnt make unit farming faster but slower. There is same amount barb camps with raging barbarians but new barbarians spaws from camps faster with raging. So its harder to destroy single camp with raging barbarians on. It however makes XP and culture farming faster.

It doesnt make unit farming faster but slower. There is same amount barb camps with raging barbarians but new barbarians spaws from camps faster with raging. So its harder to destroy single camp with raging barbarians on. It however makes XP and culture farming faster.

Weird; my German Deity runs always go better & faster with raging on so I assumed camps appeared more quickly... Guess I underestimated how hard it is for the AI to handle the raging. :lol:

You'll need a fast processor and a good video card. Such a massive game would be very long between turns.

I have experienced that, my PC is not actually very good and I tried playing a mod that used every single civ on the game and put them on a massive earth map on their correct locations. On modern era I had to give up as it literally took 5 minutes for a turn to go by :). Also it took like 10-15 minutes to load the game

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Top Bottom