Civ4 XML Editor - First Release!

Please fix this:
See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path 'C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Assets\XML\GlobalTypes.xml'.
at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String maybeFullPath)
at System.IO.FileStream.Init(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, Int32 rights, Boolean useRights, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize, FileOptions options, SECURITY_ATTRIBUTES secAttrs, String msgPath, Boolean bFromProxy)
at System.IO.FileStream..ctor(String path, FileMode mode, FileAccess access, FileShare share, Int32 bufferSize)
at System.Xml.XmlDownloadManager.GetStream(Uri uri, ICredentials credentials)
at System.Xml.XmlUrlResolver.GetEntity(Uri absoluteUri, String role, Type ofObjectToReturn)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.OpenUrlDelegate(Object xmlResolver)
at System.Threading.CompressedStack.runTryCode(Object userData)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.RuntimeHelpers.ExecuteCodeWithGuaranteedCleanup(TryCode code, CleanupCode backoutCode, Object userData)
at System.Threading.CompressedStack.Run(CompressedStack compressedStack, ContextCallback callback, Object state)
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.OpenUrl()
at System.Xml.XmlTextReaderImpl.Read()
at System.Xml.XmlLoader.Load(XmlDocument doc, XmlReader reader, Boolean preserveWhitespace)
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(XmlReader reader)
at System.Xml.XmlDocument.Load(String filename)
at Civ4XMLEditor.frmMain.LoadModXML()
at Civ4XMLEditor.frmMain.cbxModName_SelectedIndexChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.OnSelectedIndexChanged(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ComboBox.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 2.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.0.50727.42 (RTM.050727-4200)
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
----------------------------------------
Civ4XMLEditor
Assembly Version: 0.1.2145.38171
Win32 Version: 0.1.*
CodeBase: file:///C:/Program%20Files/Civ4%20XML%20Editor/Civ4XMLEditor.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.
:sad:

yes, i have done that
it's just not working, this programe is a good idea, but the bugs, there are just too much of them:

stgelven said:
is Futzy dead?
I hope not, I hit him with my car.... I dont need to goto prison... I tried to flee to Mexico, but as soon as I hoped the fence, I got hit by this huge wave of people, and was pushed to cali.. lol JPJP

Um, to fix the cvi5 error... Goto "Program Files" > Civ4XMLEditor > edit the Config file with notepad, switch Civilization 5 with 4. and you'll be set... So far everytime i type i get an error...

Is there anyay I can load everything in the game now into the mod?? All I want to do is replace the Civs, and a religion.

Edit - wow, got that fixed. The type a letter get f'd thing goes away if you select quit then reopen it and goto the file.. it also loads in all regular game data :)

hOW do i edit what i want to call the UU

Could someone tell me how this works???? it is a makeing me very sad and angry[pissed] :aargh: :cry: [pissed] :aargh: :cry: [pissed] :aargh: :cry:

Gaizokubanou said:
Umm why is my copy of this software keep trying to modify civilization 5???
If you read previous post then you'll know. This is the 10th time someone has posted this problem asking for a solution, when the solution had been posted shortly after the first complaints.

IF YOU'RE EDITOR WANTS TO USE CIV5(all editors that are downloaded from here currently) then do these simple steps..
>Go to "My computer"
>go to "Program Files"
>Go to "CIV4XMLEditor"
>Right click on the config file..
>Select open with...
>Open with Notebook
>go to Edit(or View) and find the "Find" Function
>Search for Civilization 5
>when found switch it with 4.
> Save & Exit
>If doesnt work... Buy a 60ft Rope
>Tie one side around your waist
>Tie the other end around something sturdy on a 40ft Building...
>Jump off the 40ft Building..

I am wondering how come you are only allowed to edit the origanal data yet you can not edit those made by other modders????

Yea, I changed it from 5 to 4 and I changed C drive to D drive where my Civilization folder is, and it still gets the error.

I pm Futzy to see why he did not aswer the qusetions you where asking.

The guy didn't even test the app before he released it.

Unless he named his own game folder Civ 5?

Think about it.

I could have used this too; adding anything to this game is a pain.

Thank you. But i get an exception about "can't find the path C:\Program Files\Firaxis Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\Mods"

I think it is because i don't reinstall the civ program after i reinstalled my OS... but i would be ok if the editor had allowed me to select the target path manually.

Vilu said:
Ouch. There goes my chance of trying out the editor. .NET 1.1 and 2.0 cannot co-exist on the same machine and I really need 1.1 for a project that doesn't work with 2.0.

Yes, actually you can run them both side by side on the same computer, I do as well as many others.

Cheers

I get this error when I tried to enter some city-names:confused:
Can anyone help me out with this:)
And I changed civ 5 to civ 4 and it worked with me (this is an other error) which has something to do with: object reference not set to an instance of an object.
Question 2; is it also warlords competable, if not, could you make so?
Finally I also wondered if there is any tutorial for this programm, I would love it if so

See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Civ4XMLEditor.frmMain.txtCivCity_TextChanged(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnTextChanged(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.TextBoxBase.OnTextChanged(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.TextBoxBase.WmReflectCommand(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.TextBoxBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.TextBox.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v2.0.50727/mscorlib.dll
Civ4XMLEditor
Assembly Version: 0.1.2145.38171
Win32 Version: 0.1.*
CodeBase: file:///F:/Program&#37;20files%20D/Civ4%20XML%20Editor/Civ4XMLEditor.exe
System.Windows.Forms
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll
System
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll
System.Drawing
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll
System.Configuration
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/2.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll
System.Xml
CodeBase: file:///C:/WINDOWS/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/2.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

<configuration>
<system.windows.forms jitDebugging="true" />
</configuration>

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.

People I think: or Futsy is dead or he is to :hmm: scared to post anymore

Please Futsy tell us how to fix these errors or release the "bugged" and complete new version PLZ:goodjob:

Unless Futzy comes back by this weekend (it's been 2 years almost?), I'll be restarting my Civ4 XML Civ Editor (which I stopped after he posted his ><). It'll follow the same requirements as it'll be written in Visual Studio 2005 (C#). I'm not entirely sure what has changed in the XML between Vanilla, Warlords, and BtS so I'll most likely be using mods like FFH2 Ice Age (Worst case scenario) as a target test.

Wish I had gotten around to this before (was working on an XNA submission for the contest), as I think one of the greatest barriers for simple scenarios and mods is the tedious hand editing that could have easily been automated.

Wish me luck :) hoping to get it in a workable state before Bioshock eats a couple nights of my life.

Unless Futzy comes back by this weekend (it's been 2 years almost?), I'll be restarting my Civ4 XML Civ Editor (which I stopped after he posted his ><). It'll follow the same requirements as it'll be written in Visual Studio 2005 (C#). I'm not entirely sure what has changed in the XML between Vanilla, Warlords, and BtS so I'll most likely be using mods like FFH2 Ice Age (Worst case scenario) as a target test.

Wish I had gotten around to this before (was working on an XNA submission for the contest), as I think one of the greatest barriers for simple scenarios and mods is the tedious hand editing that could have easily been automated.

Wish me luck :) hoping to get it in a workable state before Bioshock eats a couple nights of my life.

I am pretty sure I speak for everyone who posts in the utilities forum when I say Good luck and Godspeed! And if you're able to create a usable one, which I have the utmost faith that you will, THANKS!

:D

Top Bottom