Unusual AI Decisions in current game!

Callonia

Deity
I wanna brag abit first..
First time finding Mountain Fuji so close to me :p Ok now that's out of the way XD

Spoiler :

Then the game progressed for awhile and I discover that Dear Hiawatha is my neighbor.
Spoiler :

And here this is where the AI decisions surprisingly become unusual!!!
Hiawatha settled his second city faraway in exact same hex where I would've planted my 2nd city at if I started in same place as Hiawatha did to gain an good ocean going port city!

Spoiler :

And finally, Hiawatha have one point into piety and I discover theodora of the byzantines and she got four points into tradition already! And isn't stagnating with just one city as usual.

Spoiler :

And more surprisingly, normally dead Theodora actually went and forward settled on Hiawatha! XD

Spoiler :

I'm actually now waiting for hiawatha to get mad and unleash his mohawk hordes upon city of Nicaea. But since he went piety... I have my doubts and is amused by unusual changes.

Moments like this is only reason why I'm still playing civ5 cuz u never know what happens.

That's all pretty standard imho. Hiawatha often goes for Piety and just fades away from that point on if he doesn't start with some awesome city locations and it's no wonder that he's behind in policies, because Piety doesn't get a culture boost, while tradition gets the strongest boost of all early policies. But yeah, Hiawatha is very unstable since g+k - he was really strong in Vanilla, but since they mixed in religion into his priorities his success is kind of random.

And Theadora is a b*, she pretty much always forward settles someone in my games. She doesn't always get away with it but still... wouldn't be surprised if she takes Hiawathas Capital, it's not that hard to take for an AI. ^^

That's all pretty standard imho. Hiawatha often goes for Piety and just fades away from that point on if he doesn't start with some awesome city locations and it's no wonder that he's behind in policies, because Piety doesn't get a culture boost, while tradition gets the strongest boost of all early policies. But yeah, Hiawatha is very unstable since g+k - he was really strong in Vanilla, but since they mixed in religion into his priorities his success is kind of random.

And Theadora is a b*, she pretty much always forward settles someone in my games. She doesn't always get away with it but still... wouldn't be surprised if she takes Hiawathas Capital, it's not that hard to take for an AI. ^^

I'm surprised that it isn't unusual. Just look at how far apart both 1st and 2nd city is for hiawatha! o.o Hiawatha normally loves to settle on every 4th hex. And I have never seen theodora start out strong.. and she even got the desert folklore. And have pretty nice military to boot..

As for my actions, I rexxed very hard, settled a 9th village by end of medieval era. I was able to do this due to many different unique luxuries in the area xD This provoked a strong response from the byzantines, she tried to take my 9th village and 7th one. Bunch of longswordmen/pikes and bowmen attacked the 9th village while a caravel attacked the 7th village.

So I rush bought a castle/walls in 9th village and had a single caravel of mine defend the 7th. 9th village had support of knight unit and a couple of crossbowmen and that was enough to win due to location of the river protecting the crossbowmen while knights repeatedly sallied out of village to attack. Managed to protect both.

I got attacked because byzantines felt like they could succeed in stealing a village, they almost did XD Its nice to see that AI can try to do that kind of stuff, I haven't been hit like that in a year now I think.

Top Bottom