Rise and Rule for Civ3:Conquests

Great thanks to PaGe, Red Door, Civinator, Doc Tsiolkovski and other guys~ :)

Thanks RaR-team --- I love this game! :D

Doc Tsiolkovski is the only one of all these persons from the RaR-Team. :)

@ Moosezilla: What is ""unavailable"?

I'm going to have to learn how to put up screen shots! If you look for Machiavelli's Il Principle you will see that there is a "tech" required called Unavailable. When you look that up you will understand my question. Thanks for your interest Civinator.

I'm going to have to learn how to put up screen shots! If you look for Machiavelli's Il Principle you will see that there is a "tech" required called Unavailable. When you look that up you will understand my question. Thanks for your interest Civinator.

Yes, I see what you mean.:) When I remember well, lot of improvements in RaR were not enabled cause there was a fear, that this would destroy the feature of the Great Scientific Leaders (SGLs).

I think it should be time, that somebody should fix this, as it seems that this is not very problematic. The secret is, that the biq must be opened with the editor 1.00 from the vanilla C3C (and not with the editor 1.03 from the patched versions, where the SGLs are broken) :D.

I have a question, is there a way to make a Rise and Rule Huge World Map with 31 civs? I haven't seen one up, and I really wanna play it.

I have a question, is there a way to make a Rise and Rule Huge World Map with 31 civs? I haven't seen one up, and I really wanna play it.

I have made a huge world with it using 24 civs now. The size is the max allowed. It does take a long time to load in later years, but it is worth it. I frequently get to the max number of cities (512) in the later years also.

I created a biq with the rules from Rise and Rule and then went in and created a new map and increased the size of the map to the 360 x 360 I believe (largest parameters) and then saved that. I choose the number of countries to play and they all show up when I choose to play that one. You don't create a new game, you select that biq to play. You might want to change the map now and again otherwise you will know the area and it won't be as challenging.

Good luck

Are all files in the Scenarios and not the Conquest-folder? That would cause this prob.

I'm now downloading the mod (hooray), but have just one question: the folders "mediaval japan" and "world war II": do I leave them where they are under PTW?

Yes just leave them there. I did and the mod worked.

Thanks. :goodjob:

It's a shock having only lvl1-4 cities for so long... been trying to manouver the settlers to see if I can catch food bonus, but it's no easy... and the barbarians are so strong... my poor warriors... :sad:

After looking at this mod and all its features, i decided to download and give it a try. Its very well done:). However, there are three (and only three) things i disagree about:

1)Why have new explorer types in the Industrial and Modern Ages, when by that time most of the map is discovered?
2)Roads should return back to give 3 movement bonus, instead of only 2.
3)Infantry units by late Industrial and Modern Times are very useless. The tanks are so powerful, than no infantry unit may attack them with hope of defeating them. Tanks have betteer deffense than infantry, which leaves infantry useless against them. Modern infantry and Grunts are specially useless. They have lower attack than Marines and Modern Marines, and their deffense is so weak than, while deffending, theyll get pwned allmost as easily as Marines. You should either make tanks weaker, or foot units more powerful.

I have also noticed that no ground or naval unit has air deffense at all:confused:.
Other than that, cool mod:)! Im using the Extended Beta 1.02 because if i try to load the 1.04, i get an error message about a pedia entry missing for Blood Temples:confused:.

Glad you like it. :)

Some comments:
After looking at this mod and all its features, i decided to download and give it a try. Its very well done:). However, there are three (and only three) things i disagree about:

1)Why have new explorer types in the Industrial and Modern Ages, when by that time most of the map is discovered?
The map, yes. But, why do real life armies field Recon units? ;)

2)Roads should return back to give 3 movement bonus, instead of only 2.
That is deliberate. But if you don't like it - easy to change.

3)Infantry units by late Industrial and Modern Times are very useless. The tanks are so powerful, than no infantry unit may attack them with hope of defeating them.
Correct, if you only look at the raw A/D stats. But, they do have their uses: Tanks etc are wheeled, thus cannot enter hard terrain; they can be upgraded from "ancient" units, and especially - if you play some games, you'll soon notice that many of your cities in the IA and MoA can produce an infantry type unit per turn, while Tanks need three or more. And 2.5 Infantries are for sure better defenders than 1 Tank....

I have also noticed that no ground or naval unit has air deffense at all:confused:.
Known bug. Fixed in 1.04, which does work flawless if installed correctly. Just try again.

The 2 movement for roads is annoying, I don't really like it. But I haven't modded it out yet. It's just another thing that makes RnR a bit more challenging than the regular game.

The map, yes. But, why do real life armies field Recon units? ;)
Well, im not sure wether the AI uses them well, or uses at all.
That is deliberate. But if you don't like it - easy to change.
Yeah, ive already changed it.
Correct, if you only look at the raw A/D stats. But, they do have their uses: Tanks etc are wheeled, thus cannot enter hard terrain; they can be upgraded from "ancient" units, and especially - if you play some games, you'll soon notice that many of your cities in the IA and MoA can produce an infantry type unit per turn, while Tanks need three or more. And 2.5 Infantries are for sure better defenders than 1 Tank....
Hmm, youre right:crazyeye:.
Known bug. Fixed in 1.04, which does work flawless if installed correctly. Just try again.
Seems i have to try again. EDIT:When I said I tried to use 1.04, i meant 1.04 extended, although i suppose they are practically the same.
Will there be any more updates? or is the mod DEAD/FINISHED?

Top Bottom