Releasing captured faction leaders

Alonz

Chieftain
Hey Folks!,

Hope you all had a nice new year! :)

I've heard that is a feature in Alien Crossfire (despite all my years owning in, never noticed)

In my current game, Colonel Santiago just captured Miriam's last base. If I have it correct, if I send a probe to the Spartan's HQ, then I can release her?

It doesn't come up on the main probe menu, or under sabotage targets. Do I have to wait a few turns or something? Maybe probe the last Believer base to be captured instead?

It sounds like your game isn't fully patched. Which version of the game do you own (original release, Planetary Pack, Sold-Out Software, GOG, etc.)?. Start a game and press Ctrl-F4. What version number is shown? Thanks.

It sounds like your game isn't fully patched. Which version of the game do you own (original release, Planetary Pack, Sold-Out Software, GOG, etc.)?. Start a game and press Ctrl-F4. What version number is shown? Thanks.

Okay, I have the GOG.com version and it says 'Version: Release 1.0'. I'm assuming there's an official patch I'm missing then?

Okay, I have the GOG.com version and it says 'Version: Release 1.0'. I'm assuming there's an official patch I'm missing then?

Yes. See my remarks in this thread. Go to GOG.com and install the "Universal Update." I think that will fix the problem with freeing captured leaders. Not sure whether it will fix the problem in your current game, however. The rest of my instructions in the other thread are optional. If you manually patch the game as I suggested, you may have to reinstall the game if GOG releases another patch.

Top Bottom