CivStats.com - View your Pitboss games on the web

Oh god I wish.

But it's moving along at a very good pace! At best I would say it'll be ready in a week, but that might be wishful thinking. ;)

Excellent work on this site. Any chance of a feature where Pitboss hosters could post up proposals for games and players can sign up to participate?

I got a problem. AVG is identifying my newly-downloaded v1.0 as a trojan horse. I keep telling it to ignore it, but what's worse... I haven't been able to run v1.0.

"Windows cannot access the specified device, path, or file. You may not have the appropriate permissions to access the item."

First time I ever heard that one. Any ideas? If not, can someone point me in the direction of the last version, so i can use it until a solution is found? (I deleted 0.9... arck!)

It's 90% likely that it's a false positive. The program is written in the AutoIt scripting language. AutoIt can be used to make trojans or virii, so occasionally one of the AntiVirus companies will try to add a particular trojan to their def files but they make it too loose of a definition and it ends up catching all compiled AutoIt scripts.

I would appreciate it if other people could download the latest version from the website and scan it with their own scanners to see if they detect it as well. You can never be too careful!

As for not being able to run it, I have a feeling it's your AntiVirus program blocking access to the exe because it detected it as a virus...

Here's a link to the latest pre-1.0.01 version you can use for now:
Version 1.0.0.0
Version 0.9.0.1

it took me uninstalling AVG for any of the versions to work. I'll reinstall AVG later and see what happens... just for reference in case people have the same problem..

Reinstalled AVG, and it does a scheduled scan at 8am. It still identifies the Uploader as a trojan.. but as least it doesn't try to delete it.

So: if you install the Uploader, make sure you uninstall AVG, run the program for the first time, then reinstall AVG.

New features:

Small update. I added the ability for players to unregister from a game on their "My Games" page. It's a little rough around the edges but it works.

I also added "Time Left" to each game on the "My Games" page. It doesn't update in real time; I will have to rewrite the javascript to work and this was just a quick update. My main focus is on the big new 2.0 features. That, and my arandomnumber.com website, which has become way more popular than I ever imagined...

OverloadUT said:
New features:
I also added "Time Left" to each game on the "My Games" page.

Nice! I like it... :)

OverloadUT said:
New features:

Small update. I added the ability for players to unregister from a game on their "My Games" page. It's a little rough around the edges but it works.

I also added "Time Left" to each game on the "My Games" page. It doesn't update in real time; I will have to rewrite the javascript to work and this was just a quick update. My main focus is on the big new 2.0 features. That, and my arandomnumber.com website, which has become way more popular than I ever imagined...

I wouldn't think it needs to update in real time; anyone looking at it is almost certainly just looking for how many hours until they have a turn up.

And arandomnumber.com is a pretty cool concept, do I have your permission to include it in my sig on other forums?

CB Droege said:
When I just tried to unregister from Oobs first game, I got "Error: You are not game admin"

Oops! That was indeed a bug. I just fixed it, so try now. ;)

IglooDude said:
And arandomnumber.com is a pretty cool concept, do I have your permission to include it in my sig on other forums?
Of course! More exposure is a good thing. :)

Is there a way to remove a game from my 'Games You Are Administrating' list (after the game is over) without deleting the game from the database entirely?

I went to delete 'CB's Intensity', the 10-turn game that I just finished hosting, and it warned me that others might be sad if I deleted it completely. I agree, but I don't want it to remain forever on my 'my games' screen. :)

They'll be in V2.0 when Overload wakes up and gets on with it... In fact, there might even be support for mods as wel... although you may have to wait until v2.5 or v3.0

Something I've thought of just today that would be another nice addition eventually. Definately not something that I would want to hold up the release of 2.0 though. :D

On the My Games page, it would be really cool if it would display next to your game if you have any new Diplomacy messages. Some people don't have the site set to send them an email when they get a message...and even some people forget to check the site even after they get the email that it's there. But if the My Games constantly shows that you have a new Diplo message until you've read it...that would be perfect. :D

I've forgotten my password for the main Civstats site... is there some way I can dispatch an email to my own email address to remind me of it? I haven't logged in for a while, and only just got a diplomatic message which I (frustratingly) can't read.

Username: emperor
Email: lordparkinATgmail.com

Thanks. :)

Hi! This is awesome! Congrats! How about this:

1. Change the background color of the cell when a user is Online to green. Easier to see if someone is online.

2. Possibility for the admin to add text for the e-mail.

3. Add the Warlords leaders. (Next version right?).

4. Now the tricky one: How about sending out the "next turn notify" to MSN clients? Since Messenger Live now handles offline messages, it should be possible?

Great work! Keep up the effort!

Top Bottom