cemason's first PTBS game - La Batalo de la Agxoj

cemason

Chieftain
The game is ready to start! I'll be sending out the Welcome E-mail this morning.

Thanks for everyones interesting in this game. I'm happy to present cemason's first PTBS game - `La Batalo de la Agxoj'. This game will be played in Civilization IV: Warlords (version v2.08). This game will be centered around a Team situation. Each team will consist of a player and an accompanying AI. You are welcome to choose your AI teammate's civilization.

So far, I have the following confirmed players:

* cemason (me) - Saladin of Arabia, partnered with Montezuma of the Aztecs.
* bitterguy - Caesar of Rome, partnered with Shaka of the Zulus.
* Agemo - Qin Shi Huang of the Chinese, partnered with the Koreans.
* Amask - Elizabeth of the English, partnered with Mansa Musa of the Malinese.
* Spike - Takugawa of the Japanese, partnered with Ghandi of India.
* Johnhs - Louis XIV of the French, partnered with Ramesses II of Egyptions.
* DanDRidge - Cyrus of the Persians, partnered with Catherine of the Russians.

If you would like to play, please send me a private message or e-mail with the following information:

1. your CFC user name (required),
2. your e-mail address (required),
3. your leader preferences (please give your top three choices, if any), along with your AI teammate's civilization choices. NOTE: Preference will be given to players. So if you choose Chinese as your AI teammate and another player prefers to be Chinese, then that player will be accomodated first.
4. any customized civilization information (Leader Name, Civ Description, Short Description, and/or Civ Adjective).

As positions are filled I will update this thread with the players. I'd appreciate you only requesting a spot for yourself. Also, if you are playing a civilization that has more than one leader, you must select one or I will simply assign a random one.

Please note that your choice of leader is considered public information at the start of the game. Once the match has been created on the PTBS server, I will announce all civilizations to the players.

The game will begin as soon as I have six to eight confirmed players. I'll post the server hostname in this thread as well as send out an E-mail to the players. Spots for the game and leader preferences will generally be filled first-come, first-serve, as determined by the order in which I receive such requests; however, I may deliberately favor some requests over others in the interest of balancing my games.

We'll be using civstats.com to track our game. It is highly recommended that you watch our game page (which will be posted here) often.

Commitments

By requesting to play you commit to the following:

* You agree to contact me (through e-mail, private message, a third party or other means) as soon as possible if you encounter technical difficulties or other circumstances that prevent you from fulfilling these commitments.
* You agree to act in a courteous manner toward all other players at all times in your "out-of-game" communication.
* You agree to abide by the general protocol for gameplay as set forth in the welcome e-mail, as well as any changes to the protocol I may make during the course of the game. (If you would like to peruse my general protocol for PBEM gameplay prior to signing up, let me know and I will happily e-mail it to you.)
* You agree to inform me when you are going to be unavailable for a period of greater than 72 hours.
* You agree to try to play your turn every 24 hours. If you do not play your turn for up to 72 hours then you must notify me in an e-mail.
* You agree to refrain from "in-game" communication with another player until making contact with that player's civilization. "In-game" communication refers to sharing information about your civilization or other players' civilizations, making deals, proposing alliances, etc..
* You agree to play the game to completion unless personal or technical circumstances render it impossible for you to do so. This means that you agree to play to the "bitter end," even if you anticipate being eliminated from the game. This is no small commitment. Rest assured that the game will finish.

PTBS Settings

The following lists the PTBS settings. All settings are open to popular vote but I, of course, have veto.

* Takeover AI: On
* Simultaneous Turns: On
* Turn Timer: 24 Hours

Game Settings

The following lists the game settings. All settings are open to popular vote but I, of course, have veto.

* Difficulty level: Noble (for all players)
* Map: Great_Plains
* Size: Large (6 players) or Huge (8 players)
* Climate: Temperate
* Sealevel: Medium
* Era: Ancient
* Speed: Normal
* World Wrap: Toroidal
* Resources: Standard
* Options: None
* Victory types permitted: All
* Game Turn Limit: 24 Hours
* City Elimination Limit: 0
* Team based: each player will be paired with an AI.

Although I am open to the idea of playing this game under different settings, it is highly likely that all spots will be filled for this game before any meaningful discussion about changing the settings can take place.

Please note that once you make contact with another player's civilization, your diplomacy options are completely unrestricted. Feel free to invent whatever deals you wish, regardless of whether they are enforceable from within the game or not.

My games tend to fill up quickly, so submit your request to play now!

cemason

(PS. Thanks to heihojin of CFC forums for the above template for my games.)

Still need at least 3 players. PM me or e-mail if you're interested. I'd like to start this by Wednesday; hopefully we can get some interested persons.

If at any time you are looking for substitutes either temporary or permanent I'd be happy to participate in this game.

I'd also appreciate if you can send me your welcome email only to see what it says and to see if I can copy it. Remember imitation is the best form of flattery. :)

My email is warningu2 at cogeco ca

Hope your game is going well.

Funny thing. I went in and did my turn - everything normal. Then check on Civstats and it indicates my turn not done. I've since logged into the game 3 times more, at different times, and it says :Waiting for other civ to complete their turn"(or something such) so I know my turn was completed.
Yet Civstats keep on indicaring me as not done????

Firefox.

Bs-Phrophet (England) has obviously gone mad.

I was innocently conducting field excersices with my troops outside his terriotory and he just declared war on me and attacked my troops.
I call on all nations not to let this incident go unpunished, who knows you might be next.
Let us all stand together and get rid of this warmonger.

Spike

Hahaha, good one man
As far as I know, you are also friends with cemason.

So this is the situation.
Cemason is sworn to kill me at all costs. As his stacks approach my city, I spot some of your troops there too. Catapults and such. Also, your power graph suddenly started going up rather steeply. What am I supposed to think, that you won't join him when he attacks me? So instead of waiting for you two to build up, I attack YOU first while you are still weaker than me.

I talked to you before that, urging you to not join cemason in the attack against me. You reply was rather strange, telling me to threaten you (which I didn't by the way), and not giving me any definite information on what exactly you plan to do with your troops. Naturally (and I really hope other players can see my reasoning here), I assume that you are planning to join cemason in his crusade against me. I am one civ, you are two. Obviously, you can outbuild me if given enough time. My only option to save my civ is to attack you BEFORE you can outbuild me. Fair enough?

One more thing. I am only attacking civs that directly demonstrate that they don't like me. Rome declared war on me early, and paid dearly for it. Then cemason declared war on me too, saying that I should stop attacking his friend AND give him York. Then, Spike suspiciously started placing troops outside my city that's closest to him. Sure, I declared war on Spike, but only to save myself, because HE was the one that showed the intention of going to war first.

If you still think I am mad for protecting myself against such conquest attempts, I don't really know what to say.

what, did everyone quit? I logged on the other day to see what pathetic state the AI led my civ to, and only DanDridge was "human controlled"?
if you won, congrats man
dam it would've been fun fighting you
stupid host

Top Bottom